The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Twsbi Vac 700 Broken

twsbi vac 700 cracked

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#61 Francis_Rex

Francis_Rex

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 February 2017 - 10:11

The cap on my VAC 700 broke: the chrome ring came away from the body of the cap.

I contacted TWSBI  and Mr Philip Wang organised a replacement for just USD 5 in days from Tapei to the UK.

Respect! ( as the younger members of the community might say!)

That is great customer service.

Sponsored Content

#62 lowks

lowks

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 September 2018 - 17:14

I had the same thing happen to me and this pen was snugly in my pen wrap all this while.

GpDa1D1.png

Edited by lowks, 10 September 2018 - 17:19.

#63 skipwilliams

skipwilliams

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 22 March 2019 - 16:42

Interesting thread.  My Vac 700, purchased new in 2012, has been a rock-solid pen for me......Mine broke exactly where the others did today when I tried to un-cap it to fill it.

Emailed Goulet and TWSBI.  Hopefully they have a few spare smoke caps somewhere in the warehouse that they can send me.  I could swap the great stub nit into another pen, but I really like my Vac 700.

Skip

Skip Williams
www.skipwilliams.com/blog

#64 tonybelding

tonybelding

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,590 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 April 2019 - 00:21

Here recently I have been looking at my TWSBI Vac 700s and thinking of giving them another chance.  My reasoning: I can buy two (or more!) Vac 700s for less than I've spent on some fancy pens, and I can keep a spare handy.  Replacement parts are given out freely.  Maybe the parts breakage is something I can live with, in return for the many other positive qualities that these pens have.  And then I saw that there's a new 700R out that is supposed to address the ink flow problems I had also observed.  Maybe I should give it a try?

A couple of days ago I inked up both the 700s that I already have, one clear and one smoke.  I was reminded again of just how cool these pens are in design, and how well they function and write.  Today I was writing a letter, and I reached to grab one of them (just wanting to write out a quote in a contrasting ink color) and. . .  When I uncapped it, the CAP CAME APART IN TWO PARTS.  AGAIN!  Just like last time.  :angry:

All I can say now is no, just no.  This is never going to be acceptable.  I don't care how cheap the pens are, or how fast TWSBI send out free replacement parts.  I can't use a pen that could come apart in my hands at any moment.  I can't carry this around with me; I can't use it to sign documents.  I can't trust it.

Especially when there are so many other excellent pens from other brands that don't break like this, I don't have to put up witih TWSBI.  I'm done.  They're going in the bin.  I guess I'll salvage the nibs for my parts box, though, because those are nice.

#65 FOUR X FOUR

FOUR X FOUR

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,379 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 July 2019 - 17:41

I recently saw the 580 alr in gunmetal. I’m considering buying it. I figured, by now that Twsbi had taken care of all the breaking issues. I certainly had a bunch of cracked 580s back in about 2013 and 2014. I was one of the unlucky saps that Twsbi wouldn’t help. They said I shouldn’t tighten them so hard.
Well, I like the looks of the 580 alr and I guess I’ll go ahead and get one. If this one cracks, I wonder if they’ll replace it this time?

Sponsored Content

|