The "montblanc Pen Of Disloyalty And Treachery"

Jadie

It's just an eBay listing for a Montblanc, but the title and item description were unique, so I couldn't help but post it here. XD

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130968268983

EDIT: For some reason, the editor won't let me capitalize Montblanc. Weirdness. o_o

Edited by Jadie

Sheen junkie, flex nib enthusiast, and all-around lover of fountain pens...

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• inkstainedruth

• Silvermink

• JLS1

• Mesu

Lol. Seems like he might have been thinking abiut said SOB when he wrote with it -- the nib looks a bit "squashed." Maybe also when capping and uncapping it.

[the editor automatically capitalizes every first letter of a topic title (try writing TWSBI)]

I have to admit, while I'm not typically big on superstition, I think I might pass on this one, just given the description. Clearly there is too much negativity attached to that pen.

Love the description though, especially the "traitorous SOB" part. :-)

"Wer schweigt, stimmt zu."

Wow... :yikes:

Wouldn't it be a kicker if the pen also turned out to be fake.

(DISCLAIMER: I have no way of knowing if the pen is legit or not, only MB can verify its authenticity.)

I also wouldnt want a pen with such bad Karma, also the disloyal $@B probably did pass her a fake before promising to call her in the morning

Wow.. he really didn't hold back

He should have written a letter to his "friend" with the Montblanc and returned the pen along with the letter. Would have taken a load off his chest.

Um. Wow. Bitter, just a little.... I almost want to say to the seller "Don't sugarcoat it -- tell us how you *REALLY* feel...." (I'm snarky that way). I actually went and did a Google search for flags with stars on them after reading the description, but there were way too many to narrow down which country the seller is from (my initial thought was possibly the seller was from somewhere in the Middle East, but there were just too many possibilities shown in the article on Wikipedia Commons, including places in Africa, Asia and South America) .

Sounds like this story my dad's co-worker told him years ago (this would have been early-mid 1980s). The guy's daughter ran into a friend of hers, driving a Mercedes. She said "How can you *possibly* afford one of these?" and got told the following story:

The friend saw a classified ad for the car for $75 US. Thought it *had* to be a typo, but called, and the woman selling the car told her, "yes, that's the right price". The girl went to buy the car and asked why it was so cheap and got told "It's my boyfriend's car. He got a job out of state, and when I asked him when I should move out there he said 'Don't come, I've met someone else. Sell the car for what you can get for it.' So I decided I could get $75....!" So the girl paid for the car, and apparently got asked to mail the check to the ex-boyfriend on her way home. :rolleyes:

The current price of the pen is $6.05. Even if it DOES turn out to be a fake, that seems to be a steal. It will be interesting to see the final selling price.

Thanks for posting the link -- this was just *fascinating* reading, and I'd love to know more of the particulars of the story besides what the seller said (and possibly also get the *other* side of the story as well).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

I actually went and did a Google search for flags with stars on them after reading the description, but there were way too many to narrow down which country the seller is from (my initial thought was possibly the seller was from somewhere in the Middle East, but there were just too many possibilities shown in the article on Wikipedia Commons, including places in Africa, Asia and South America) .

From the linked auction:

In my State (Hint: It's symbol is a star)

and

Item location:
Houston, Texas, United States
I do believe the Texan flag is a wee bit starry. A lone star even. :-)

Слава Україні!

Slava Ukraini!

STR:11 DEX: 5 CON:5 INT:17 WIS:11 CHA:3

Wielding: BIC stick of poor judgment (-3,-5) {cursed}

I have to admit, while I'm not typically big on superstition, I think I might pass on this one, just given the description. Clearly there is too much negativity attached to that pen.

Love the description though, especially the "traitorous SOB" part. :-)

:lticaptd:

I bet we'll be hearing about this pen again: "Suddenly, I lost all my clients to a start-up, my wife left me for my father, my children disowned me, and my dog abandoned me... the psychic told me I have a curse and it won't go away unless I can sell this pen!"

Edited by lightless

lightless

It would be only too appropriate if it was a fake. I think it's real, though don't take my word for it.

http://twitter.com/pawcelot

Vancouver Pen Club

Currently inked:

Montegrappa NeroUno Linea - J. Herbin Poussière de Lune //. Aurora Optima Demonstrator - Aurora Black // Varuna Rajan - Kaweco Green // TWSBI Vac 700R - Visconti Purple

Just checked the listing again for curiosity's sake (it's about 1:15 AM EDT on August 16th). The pen is now up to $43 US, with over 8-1/2 days to go.

I'll admit that I liked the idea of it better when it was just over $6. Seemed appropriate under the circumstances, somehow....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

I hope the guy rids himself of the bitterness, when he is rid of the pen.

Auf freiem Grund mit freiem Volke stehn.
Zum Augenblicke dürft ich sagen:
Verweile doch, du bist so schön !

He won't. But for a moment I wondered if the seller was a woman . . . then clues and context suggested a man.

If a man gave me such a pen, my red flags would be piqued to the max.

If a man gave me (were I a woman and romantically involved) such a pen, I would be deeply touched ... and then my red flags would go up.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I guess I'm not used to people giving me pens.

Edited by Russ

Who ever gets the pen will probably get a kick out of telling the back story when ever he/she pulls the pen out to use. I myself, would rather have a pen with a fun/nice back story. So I won't be bidding on this one!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Have you seen the seller's Monday addition to the listing?

Looking at the nib, it does not look right to me -- the etching on the nib is too light and the cut of the nib seems too rough rather than refined. My guess would be that the pen is a fake.

Looking at the nib, it does not look right to me -- the etching on the nib is too light and the cut of the nib seems too rough rather than refined. My guess would be that the pen is a fake.

Huh. Oddly fitting for a disloyal, treacherous MB.

Sheen junkie, flex nib enthusiast, and all-around lover of fountain pens...

There is also something in the seller's description that makes me question the authenticity of this pen.

This incredible auction just got a whole lot incredibler. I am NOW including THREE packages of official Montblanc Fountain Pen ink cartridges that I purchased myself personally at the Montblanc Pen Store in the Galleria Mall. The Montblanc Pen Salesman wearing an Armani suit had to take the pen to the back in order to determine which cartridges would fit this particular Montblanc Pen.

Last time I checked, MB only uses the international cartridge, so I do not think a MB employee would need to determine which cartridge fits which pen.

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

—Oscar Wilde

The listing is still not getting a lot of bids. Now he is putting a picture of his Russian adopted daughter on the post to say she will get procedes from sale. Also selling a big stash of playboy mags. It just gets stranger and stranger.

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!