Epistler

OK, OK, ENUFF already! I ordered a notebook. Are you happy now???

I've been sold on TR for quite some time. I look for excuses to use it. Perfect for love letters, journaling, grocery lists, and so on. I have several perfect bound pads and a stack of loose leaf. I'm looking forward to getting my new NB. Can't have too much TR!

Herb

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MisterBoll

• Ghost Plane

• fountainpenlady

• mhguda

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok, my curiosity has gotten the most of me and I've ordered too :)

I'm still wondering a bit about how something so thin will be able to hold ink and not ghost strongly, _but_ I love the idea and I'm experiencing cool things in using a FP that I had not anticipated at all. Does anyone know what secret magic Tomoegawa uses (I'm kidding of course about magic, but it sounds like they make some impressive paper!)

http://www.tomoegawa.co.jp/english/e_product_tech/e_paper/index.html

Well, I can honestly say that my life is now complete. My 3 journals arrived today (Thursday) in Australia and I have opened one. It's looks elegant - the cover and binding are great quality while being understated. Then there's the paper. I have waited a long time to try this paper and after 5 mins. I'm hooked. It's not quite as thin as I imagined (that's good), using Diamine Blue-Black in a Kaweco with a Broad nib the ghosting is minimal (I can easily use both sides of the sheet which is important to me) and the shading is awesome.

I can thoroughly recommend these books and Jay at paperforfountainpens.com for great service.

Now, back to playing with pens, ink and PAPER!

What an awesome product. :) I've been looking for a way to try Tomoe River paper. All the other options I'd found were insanely expensive, or group buys of looseleaf, which would have forced me to figure out how to bind a notebook.

I'll definitely be picking one of the up when I can. Good luck in your new business venture. :D

After hearing so many good things about the paper,

I bit the bullet and ordered a notebook and a pad.

Just received notification that it shipped today.

Really looking forward to see what the buzz is all

about.

After hearing so many good things about the paper,

I bit the bullet and ordered a notebook and a pad.

Just received notification that it shipped today.

Really looking forward to see what the buzz is all

about.

Received by notebook and pad last night.

Tried Baystate Blue in a wet Stub and I

see what the buzz is all about. No bleed

through what so ever. A little bit of ghosting

but very acceptable.

I'm sold!

Received my two notebook and made a writing test ........ writing heaven !

Never experienced the same feeling, the wet noodle 1.2 mm stub nib slides over the paper , no bleeding through at all!

Thanks for offering us this excellent product !

Francis

Ordered 3 books on 11th Sept; received today in the UK. Great service! The books are beautifully wrapped & included a nice handwritten note from Jay.

First impressions: high quality books, very fine paper, super smooth & light. Very nicely bound and so refreshing not to have ubiquitous black covers - I love the dark blue, it's smart but different.

Lots of pages (160s/320pgs) and so offer great value.

Haven't used the notebooks in anger yet cos I'm trying to be disciplined and finish my current journal first (aaarrghh!). But I'm so tempted and it was driving me nuts so I scribbled on the note that Jay sent as I think it's on the Tomoe paper! My fine nib glided across the surface. Heck, I'm not sure my patience will hold out! :)

My advice - go get one.

Verba volant, scripta manent

Even the packing paper is TR; I've tried to flatten it out & cut it up, and am using it for random small notes such as phone messages. It's creased but it irons out somewhat. That's how nice this paper is...

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

Yes I'll be ordering one of these for myself and the missus asap. And I also vote for an A6 size pocket journal, 60pp or so. :)

"If we faked going to the Moon, why did we fake it nine times?" -- Apollo 16 astronaut Charlie Duke

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4009/4447835438_d7314170bf_o.png

On the website you note: "Quantity discounts for 2 and 3 books (select the quantity desired, above)". However, I am unable to choose anything besides "1 Book". I can, of course, increase the quantity to 2, but it does not give a quantity discount.

Could you please let me know if I'm missing something?

May your ways be green and golden, and the wind be at your back.

Joshsrn:

You caught me just at the start of an inventory interruption on the blank books—but I expect that to last no more than a couple of weeks (and I hope less). Loose paper is still available.
I did put a couple of journals aside for my personal use, but I won't be needing them before the replacements are ready—so I'll make those available for you. I'll PrivateMessage you about this.

Everyone: thanks for your support and enthusiasm. Your "thank you" notes (especially the postal ones) are a delight! And I appreciate the various suggestions.

I'd love to read stories (or see scans) of how you are using these books…

Happy Writing!

:Jay

www.PaperForFountainPens.com

Tomoe River Paper is a muse to me.

Thanks for the great communication! Can't wait to start using the books :)

Josh

May your ways be green and golden, and the wind be at your back.

• 2 weeks later...

I placed my third order from paperforfountainpens, some looseleaf TR paper.

It arrived today, and I got a very nice surprise: a bonus package of white (as opposed to cream) paper, in addition to the two I ordered.

Thanks, Jay! They will most certainly be enjoyed!

(The bonus was for being the first double-repeat customer...)

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

• 2 weeks later...

I've added a new product variation:

PaperForFountainPens.com now has blank books with WHITE Tomoe River paper.

I also continue to offer the original cream color.

Thanks for all the support and encouragement, everyone!

Happy writing…

—Jay

fpn_1382297920__paperforfountainpens_whi

Here is the white with cream shown for comparison:

fpn_1382297328__paperforfountainpens_whi

www.PaperForFountainPens.com

Tomoe River Paper is a muse to me.