Epistler

Does anyone know whether this business is still in business? Received an email regarding there being available a limited edition of Tomoe River journals. I sent money, but have not heard anything regarding the order. The money was received as it was sent through Paypal. Did anyone else receive the email and did anyone else order the smaller limited edition journals recently?

I'm offering blank books with Tomoe River paper at

PaperForFountainPens.com

This paper has inspired me to write more than I ever did before, and I've had to create the product line that I wanted for my own use. Now I'm sharing the results with you.

Happy writing!

—Jay

attachicon.gifPaperForFountainPens journal.jpg

Edited by fountainpenlady

Ea Alis Volat Propiis, per/Repletus Fontis Calamus!
She Flies by Her Own Wings, with filled Fountain Pen

Delta DolceVita, F-C Intrinsic 02, Pelikan M800 red/black striation, Bexley ATB Strawberry Swirl, Red Jinhao 159, Platinum 3776 Bourgogne. :wub:

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MisterBoll

• Ghost Plane

• fountainpenlady

• mhguda

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Does anyone know whether this business is still in business? Received an email regarding there being available a limited edition of Tomoe River journals. I sent money, but have not heard anything regarding the order. The money was received as it was sent through Paypal. Did anyone else receive the email and did anyone else order the smaller limited edition journals recently?

I am sure you will get your items. I personally stopped ordering from him since I would never get any response to the half dozen emails I sent. Like you, I thought the business was not operating anymore ... again, I'm sure you will receive them, but don't expect a good follow-up ;)

I am sure you will get your items. I personally stopped ordering from him since I would never get any response to the half dozen emails I sent. Like you, I thought the business was not operating anymore ... again, I'm sure you will receive them, but don't expect a good follow-up ;)

Thank you. I finally heard from him after having to take drastic measures!

Don't understand why people who are in business fail to realize that customer service, such as responding to questions/emails are very important to a customer. Otherwise, it feels as if someone is taking your money and you are not worth them letting you know whether they are legitimate or sending the item for which you have paid money. I never got a response as to why his posted shipping charges were different than what I am actually being charged. As someone who values customer service highly, doubt I will ever order from him again either.

After ordering one of his journals, via an email, had doubts as to whether it was legitimate and needed to make sure since my credit card had been charged. Too late, realized this is a time when we are susceptible to people using our passion to send scam emails that could cost without return expected. In any case, he says it will be mailed out today, I am only at this point mildly looking forward, sour taste and a lesson learned indeed; put any future enticements regarding this passion in the Spam folder.

Enjoy your holidays. Thanks for responding and along with his late and eventual response putting my concern somewhat to rest. :roller1:

Delta DolceVita, F-C Intrinsic 02, Pelikan M800 red/black striation, Bexley ATB Strawberry Swirl, Red Jinhao 159, Platinum 3776 Bourgogne. :wub:

Oh boy! I saw the first page of this thread got excited and fortunately stopped just short of hitting the "place order" button. Came back to the thread and decided to read the last page. Glad I came here. Tho it wasn't going to be a large purchase, who needs the headache of having to follow up?

Oh boy! I saw the first page of this thread got excited and fortunately stopped just short of hitting the "place order" button. Came back to the thread and decided to read the last page. Glad I came here. Tho it wasn't going to be a large purchase, who needs the headache of having to follow up?

I received the journal ordered. In my humble opinion, it is an adequate journal, which is a bit bigger than a pocket or Field journal. Other than paper, unsure whether if I saw it in a box store for $25.00 I would purchase it. So, doubt it will be ordered again with a total cost of $30.95 including shipping. I am about to order from the alternative website suggested, http://www.nanamipaper.com/. I enjoy writing in A5 size journals with blank paper, so I am simply seeing what else I might enjoy writing on besides Franklin-Christophe. Hope you too find some place which values customer service as much as the quality of the item being sold. May you have a happy and safe Holiday ahead. :)

Edited by fountainpenlady

• 5 weeks later...

For the record, I've placed a few orders with PFFP and received them promptly. (Multiple books on each order BTW)

As someone a few messages up mentioned, Namami is also quite good.

For the record, I've placed a few orders with PFFP and received them promptly. (Multiple books on each order BTW)

As someone a few messages up mentioned, Namami is also quite good.

Thanks for responding. I ordered a journal from Namami before Christmas. It was received and I was very impressed. It is even the perfect size I enjoy which is A5. Probably will be ordering from them again. :D

I recently ordered from PFFP and they shipped lightning fast. I highly recommend them. Their notebooks are very well made.

I am writing in one now. I agree with you. However, if you order from him and expect him to contact you then you are going to be out of luck. Yes, my experience, as with others he does mail out the journals fast, they are packed well. Simply there is no customer service to speak of and that is also important. With that said, I will continue to enjoy the journal I have purchased and for those who enjoy a wonderful journal of Tomoe River, he can't be beat in terms of quality. Just don't expect him to respond to you or let you know anything other than when you receive your order and for many that is fine. :D

I've ordered several books at a time from PFFP and always received the books within a couple days. The B5 size is wonderful.

I've ordered several books at a time from PFFP and always received the books within a couple days. The B5 size is wonderful.

They had a limited edition one which is small I believe before Christmas. I often collect affirmations. It is the perfect size to collect them on the pages. I enjoy the cream colored blank pages. I am so tempted to also combine it as a journal, but I want to keep it as the place interesting or inspirational affirmations are kept and can be read whenever needed. :)

• 4 months later...

I ordered some paper from "Paper for fountain pens" on March 4th of this year. I received an email telling me my order was confirmed. I never received the email telling me it had been shipped. I have sent 4 more emails without one response so I guess I just tossed my money away. I was excited to do business with them but I have not been happy with the result.

I ordered some paper from "Paper for fountain pens" on March 4th of this year. I received an email telling me my order was confirmed. I never received the email telling me it had been shipped. I have sent 4 more emails without one response so I guess I just tossed my money away. I was excited to do business with them but I have not been happy with the result.

I am sorry to hear of your experience. I know that I never heard anything, but it was not as long as you have waited. I ordered after someone here recommended from Nanami or something like that and enjoyed their tomoe paper journals. However, they no longer have any more of the tomoe journals and don't know when they will ever get them in again. I thought I would return to this seller, but since your experience, doubt it. Their links still work so I have no idea why you did not in a few days receive your order. He will probably not respond to you either, at least it was my experience, which started all of this anyway. :( :(

My new favorite! This is a wonderful journal! My order was shipped promptly and arrived in excellent condition. My sister also ordered and had the same excellent experience.

Edited by Doire

My new favorite! This is a wonderful journal! My order was shipped promptly and arrived in excellent condition. My sister also ordered and had the same excellent experience.

Fantastic! I guess the proprietor is picking and choosing since all do not seem to be having the same experience. :yikes: :unsure:

I believe the proprietor of "PFFP" is relatively local to me (Connecticut?) and I am very surprised at your experience thus far. He is a really good guy and typically very dependable. Obviously I can't do anything directly and I would encourage you to reconfirm your order and that you are mailing to the correct address.

Please keep us posted as to your progress and wishing you success.

“Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today, because if you do it today and like it, you can do again tomorrow!”

I believe the proprietor of "PFFP" is relatively local to me (Connecticut?) and I am very surprised at your experience thus far. He is a really good guy and typically very dependable. Obviously I can't do anything directly and I would encourage you to reconfirm your order and that you are mailing to the correct address.

Please keep us posted as to your progress and wishing you success.

Based on my experience with him (I met him at last year's Commonwealth Pen Show), I'd have to agree he seems like a very good guy. Yes, he is in Connecticut, or at least he was as of then based on his business cards.

I definitely would love to keep posted, as I do like his product and how local he is (shorter/cheaper shipping times).

Based on my experience with him (I met him at last year's Commonwealth Pen Show), I'd have to agree he seems like a very good guy. Yes, he is in Connecticut, or at least he was as of then based on his business cards.

I definitely would love to keep posted, as I do like his product and how local he is (shorter/cheaper shipping times).

I would like to request no offense be taken by anyone with what I am about to write. I have to request because some people dislike directness or an alternative opinion which they perceive not sugar-coated. I have also dealt with this proprietor in the past. He may indeed be a nice guy, as we know that deals with an aspect of his character. However, as with myself and others who produce, or create something, instead of work for others, sometimes there are flaws in other areas of a person in terms of characteristics. I remember vividly not hearing from this gentleman, even after I sent emails several times. He sent out the journal requested, he just never responded. Therefore, with my experience and perhaps others, he lacks adequate customer service skills. He does not communicate, but he will send out merchandise in a reasonable time to my experience and I am sure others. Now, someone here has not heard from him since he sent I would imagine funds for journals in March. It is as we all know June. Either something is wrong, or he is no longer in business, or he no longer has the merchandise in question or something else which I don't have to get morbid. He has never taken this long to send out journals, even if he never replies back to a customer. So, vouching for his character is wonderful, but sometimes the nicest person lacks business skills or fails in some aspect. Creative, practical or simply people whose strength may not be in a particular area. No harm intended, just something I thought. I wanted to order another journal and his site as far as I know still has active links. Therefore something must be as they say in British literature, afoot. :)