The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Lamy Safari Medium Nib Vs Abc

lamy abc safari medium nib

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Schoenberg

Schoenberg

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 August 2013 - 00:29

Does anyone have experience with Lamy Safari M nib and ABC nib?

ABC has only one size of nib -- medium.

So far it looks different from the Safari M nib, but is interchangeable with Safari.

Any difference?Which is superior?

Sponsored Content

#2 James TPC

James TPC

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 August 2013 - 09:24

Hello Schoenberg,

You are correct both nibs are interchangable. The "A" nib supplied with the Abc is intended for new writers and has been ground to be slightly more forgiving than a standard nib i.e. will write at more extreme angles than perhaps an adult would hold a pen.  The line width is somewhere between a Lamy fine and medium nib.

I'm not sure I would say either is superior, however, we do sell Abc's to adults (with the A nib fitted) and standard Lamy nibs to younsters from our shops and no one has had an issue with either.

I hope that's some help,

James

Selling pens & pencils online since 2006
The Pen Company

#3 be202025

be202025

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 August 2013 - 13:54

personally i would prefer safari over ABC just for aesthetics, in terms of nib sizes i prefer to write with F.

Look for something, find something else, and realize that what you've found is more suited to your needs than what you thought you were looking for.

Want: Montblanc 146 Burgundy F | Need: What do you think?

Hope and faith goes hand-in-hand, because without hope there is no faith. The same goes with want and needs, without any wants, there no need to have a need.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: lamy, abc, safari, medium, nib

Sponsored Content

|