The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

What Colors Do You Wish Were Available In X Model Of Pen?

celluloid acrylic color pretty theme nitpick criticize

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Dioxazine

Dioxazine

<searching for penpals>

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 211 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 August 2013 - 06:53

Boy gosh, I sure would like a rich royal blue celluloid or acrylic pen with bold crimson red veins. It would be my designated royal blue pen, and I'd put royal blue ink in it, and it would dry to show rich blue coloring and have a crimson sheen. Yes, I would really like a pen like that. Its color name would just be Royal Blue.

I'd love a Noodler's Konrad with that color. In fact, I'd love several of them.

(The Royal blue Lamy Safari's blue was not a rich ultramarine. It was just sky blue. Not good enough)

But as for colors I'm very glad exist, I'm super happy that The Zuni Ahab is like jeans, with ink stains and gold threading. I pair it up with Diamine Denim, and it was always meant to be.

The pink tiger is interesting. I initially got it just because it was on sale, and fortunately I got one with a really good nib. It reminds me of a strawberry desert dessert, with the strawberries and whipped cream, but the black part is like licorice, and I don't think licorice would go well with strawberries and cream (but IDK, I never tried that combo). I would recommend the black part be switched to brown, because chocolate syrup would be more fitting on strawberries and cream, and it wouldn't have such a harsh look to it.

And also the black clip on the gray Safari is too harsh against the matte 20% gray. But the black clip looks excellent on the charcoal Safari. And the two of them do make a good pair. What if I switched the black clip on the Gray to a chrome clip? Maybe I should try that sometime.

so you can go ahead and blah about what pen colors you'd like, do like, or think could stand to be different.

Edited by Dioxazine, 10 August 2013 - 06:54.

The faintest ink is more powerful than the strongest memory - Chinese proverb
Dioxazine Letter Tracker

Sponsored Content

#2 Cerbervs

Cerbervs

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 August 2013 - 07:13

A light blue Pelikan M1005 ( think that the 5 means it has rhodium trim tell me if i am wrong).

Edited by Cerbervs, 10 August 2013 - 07:15.

#3 Prolix

Prolix

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 August 2013 - 07:34

Red. In everything.

#4 Mesu

Mesu

Searching for the perfect blue ink..

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 11:24

Lamy Safari in purple

Favorite pen in favorite color

#5 Eugen-of-Savoy

Eugen-of-Savoy

Numero Uno is Back !

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,558 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 August 2013 - 12:02

I am pretty happy with the Classic Pens LB5, nice red , super blue and yet still 3 colours to come.

#6 NedC

NedC

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 August 2013 - 20:27

I want the classic Pelikan green striped finish available with silver coloured trim of the *05 models.

#7 fourseamer

fourseamer

Up and In

• Member - Gold

• 809 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 August 2013 - 21:08

Pelikan M1000 in red or blue striated barrels.

#8 rochester21

rochester21

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,351 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 August 2013 - 21:25

There is a world shortage in white/ivory pens. Green pens aren`t that common either. 

Instead, there are blue pens everywhere. I personally don`t like blue, so naturally i wonder why blue is superior to green or white.  Is blue a true classic, like black, or something?

Edited by rochester21, 11 August 2013 - 21:30.

#9 lightless

lightless

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 22:31

I'd like to see:

A Pelikan with taupe stripes

lightless

#10 callamint

callamint

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Gold

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 August 2013 - 22:36

A Lamy Safari in purple!

Everything in purple.

#11 PenTieRun

PenTieRun

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,685 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 August 2013 - 02:14

I'll add to the purple requests: Pelikan Souveran in striated purple.

#12 JesterKat

JesterKat

Jesterbrook

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 August 2013 - 05:17

+1 for purple.  A deep, rich imperial purple, with a finish like a car where you could fall into it forever.

I'm also all for rich reds and emerald greens and sunny yellows, and all the jewel toned colors. 

Clear, strong colors, not muddy, not grey, not black, not transparent, maybe translucent, though. 

A pretty tortoiseshell, not the ones you generally see that are dark and gloomy and mostly black, pretty browns with some green tones and some ivory and a tiny bit of black for depth.

So many blah pens!  I love the colors on the Safaris, but my personal aesthetic is horrified by the design - just not to my taste.

It's a pity that clear, bright colors don't seem to be favored these days except in children's plastic toys and some car paints.

Katie

#13 JessR45

JessR45

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 August 2013 - 06:21

I would love a bright orange, bright green or tanzanite celluloid Montegrappa Miya, or an all matte black Omas 360 (including nib)

Also an Omas 360 in Red Chinese lacquer

#14 carlosviet

carlosviet

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 August 2013 - 06:32

The MB 149 in the celluloid stripes of the Vacumatic. That would be my perfect pen. 

“Of the gladdest moments in human life, methinks, is the departure upon a distant journey into unknown lands. Shaking off with one mighty effort the fetters of Habit, the leaden weight of Routine, the cloak of many Cares and the slavery of Civilization, man feels once more happy.”  - Sir Richard. F. Burton

#15 PaperDarts

PaperDarts

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 861 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 August 2013 - 22:48

Another fan of purple!  Deep rich purple for a Lamy Safari - a more luminous paler purple for a Lamy Al-star, like the Silver-blue Al-star.  Yes, many people see hints of lavender in the latter but I'd like to see one that was unequivocally purple.

"Life would split asunder without letters." Virginia Woolf

#16 DreamInk

DreamInk

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 August 2013 - 02:09

Not necessarily a color but I'd love to see a Lamy 2000 made of titanium.

#17 Striated

Striated

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 499 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 August 2013 - 03:02

Black with a touch of orange for everything.  More realistically, I'd like to see the TWSBI Mini in some different colors.

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."

~ George Orwell

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: celluloid, acrylic, color, pretty, theme, nitpick, criticize

Sponsored Content

|