The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Looking For Japanese Sterling Models

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Hanoi

Hanoi

Đại Gia

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 August 2013 - 23:32

Any good silver pens from Japan? Make and model? Thank you.

Want to buy: Any titanium pen with 18k nib encrusted with blue diamonds blessed by the Dalai Lama at a minimum altitude of 8,500 meters.

Sponsored Content

#2 stan

stan

Collectors Item

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 00:05

There are many 'good silver pens' from Japan.

You can start with the Pilot Silvern series

Sailor Profits come in silver too.

I am curious about your terminology.

What do you mean by 'good' silver pens as opposed to bad silver pens.

All of the Japanese pens I know are 'good.'

If you add in vintage one can find a substantial array of makes and models.

stan

Posted Image
Ryojusen-Pens.com
The oldest and largest buyer and seller of vintage Japanese pens in America.

Member: Pen Collectors of America & Fuente, THE Japanese Pen Collectors Club

#3 hari317

hari317

Classic

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,330 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 August 2013 - 11:37

All of the Japanese pens I know are 'good.'

+1

In addition to the Pilot/Namiki Silvern suggested by Stan, that sells for around 360USD new, Also look at the Elegance NC sterling silver for 260USD street price.

Silvern link

Elegance NC link

#4 quinden

quinden

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 August 2013 - 13:30

+ 1 to Stan and Hari - Platinum also offers some beautiful sterling silver pens, including a straight-lined guilloche model (awesome review, btw Hari!) and some hand-hammered models.  They are pricier than the ones referenced earlier, but wow they are beautiful!

I've just started on a sterling kick myself - I found a very nice Pilot Silvern Chrysanthemum from 1976 which feels great in the hand and writes perfectly.  

Currently using:Too many pens inked to list, I must cut back! :) I can guarantee there are flighters, urushi, and/or Sheaffer Vac-fillers in the mix!!!

#5 hari317

hari317

Classic

• Member - Gold

• 13,330 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 August 2013 - 13:59

Quinden, thanks! Actually Sailor is also not behind making the smooth sterling silver model with even the section in sterling silver!!

#6 quinden

quinden

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 August 2013 - 14:03

Quinden, thanks! Actually Sailor is also not behind making the smooth sterling silver model with even the section in sterling silver!!

Another beauty!  I had the sterling 1911 with a plastic grip which I sold to fund my titanium Nakaya Piccolo, but I think I might try to find that full sterling model. :)

Currently using:Too many pens inked to list, I must cut back! :) I can guarantee there are flighters, urushi, and/or Sheaffer Vac-fillers in the mix!!!

#7 hari317

hari317

Classic

• Member - Gold

• 13,330 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 August 2013 - 14:07

Another beauty!  I had the sterling 1911 with a plastic grip which I sold to fund my titanium Nakaya Piccolo, but I think I might try to find that full sterling model. :)

wow, you really must review the Titanium Piccolo for us, it has never been shown on FPN in flesh.

#8 quinden

quinden

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 August 2013 - 14:10

wow, you really must review the Titanium Piccolo for us, it has never been shown on FPN in flesh.

I'll post a picture here in the Rising Sun forum in a few moments and then try to do a review later this week.  :thumbup:

#9 Seiry

Seiry

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 April 2014 - 05:31

I actually came across a Silvern at a pen show and didn't get it.  I didn't know what it was and just knew it had a cool paisley pattern and it was a Pilot.  I got a hold of the guy who had it afterwards but he already sold it.  It was for a good price, too.  :(  I have been looking online and have seen the ones listed throughout this forum except for the one I saw.  *cries*

"Intelligence plus character – that is the true goal of education." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Teaching is not a lost art, but the regard for it is a lost tradition." - Jacques Barzun

“Wisdom is not a product of schooling but of the lifelong attempt to acquire it.” ― Albert Einstein

“A good head and good heart are always a formidable combination. But when you add to that a literate tongue or pen, then you have something very special.” ― Nelson Mandela

“Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all.” ― Aristotle

#10 stan

stan

Collectors Item

• FPN Super Moderators

• 1,410 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 12:14

All are Good and all are Japanese.

These are from my website. Have many more.

Vintage Japanese silver is highly collectible and has appreciated over the years.

_wsb_488x360_Shiseido+1.1.jpg

_wsb_495x392_Plat+Fuji+1.jpg

_wsb_496x346_Vanco+R14K+-+1.JPG

_wsb_474x343_DSC08647.JPG

stan

Posted Image
Ryojusen-Pens.com

#11 stan

stan

Collectors Item

• FPN Super Moderators

• 1,410 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 13:19

Hammered down today on Yahoo  Japan.

Choice sterling silver in box with papers.

Attached Images

• sailsutra.PNG

stan

Posted Image
Ryojusen-Pens.com

#12 da vinci

da vinci

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 13:27

I like sterling silver pens, although I do not own any Japanese models. Your pens look very appealing Stan! :)

#13 Seiry

Seiry

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 April 2014 - 22:19

Absolutely lovely.  Do you have the Silvern with a paisley pattern?

All are Good and all are Japanese.

These are from my website. Have many more.

Vintage Japanese silver is highly collectible and has appreciated over the years.

_wsb_488x360_Shiseido+1.1.jpg

_wsb_495x392_Plat+Fuji+1.jpg

_wsb_496x346_Vanco+R14K+-+1.JPG

_wsb_474x343_DSC08647.JPG

"Intelligence plus character – that is the true goal of education." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Teaching is not a lost art, but the regard for it is a lost tradition." - Jacques Barzun

“Wisdom is not a product of schooling but of the lifelong attempt to acquire it.” ― Albert Einstein

“A good head and good heart are always a formidable combination. But when you add to that a literate tongue or pen, then you have something very special.” ― Nelson Mandela

“Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all.” ― Aristotle

Sponsored Content

|