• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• stan

• hari317

• quinden

• Seiry

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There are many 'good silver pens' from Japan.

You can start with the Pilot Silvern series

Sailor Profits come in silver too.

I am curious about your terminology.

What do you mean by 'good' silver pens as opposed to bad silver pens.

All of the Japanese pens I know are 'good.'

If you add in vintage one can find a substantial array of makes and models.

stan

Formerly Ryojusen Pens
The oldest and largest buyer and seller of vintage Japanese pens in America.

Member: Pen Collectors of America & Fuente, THE Japanese Pen Collectors Club

All of the Japanese pens I know are 'good.'

+1

In addition to the Pilot/Namiki Silvern suggested by Stan, that sells for around 360USD new, Also look at the Elegance NC sterling silver for 260USD street price.

Silvern link

Elegance NC link

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

+ 1 to Stan and Hari - Platinum also offers some beautiful sterling silver pens, including a straight-lined guilloche model (awesome review, btw Hari!) and some hand-hammered models. They are pricier than the ones referenced earlier, but wow they are beautiful!

I've just started on a sterling kick myself - I found a very nice Pilot Silvern Chrysanthemum from 1976 which feels great in the hand and writes perfectly.

Currently using:Too many pens inked to list, I must cut back! :) I can guarantee there are flighters, urushi, and/or Sheaffer Vac-fillers in the mix!!!

Quinden, thanks! Actually Sailor is also not behind making the smooth sterling silver model with even the section in sterling silver!!

Another beauty! I had the sterling 1911 with a plastic grip which I sold to fund my titanium Nakaya Piccolo, but I think I might try to find that full sterling model. :)

Currently using:Too many pens inked to list, I must cut back! :) I can guarantee there are flighters, urushi, and/or Sheaffer Vac-fillers in the mix!!!

Another beauty! I had the sterling 1911 with a plastic grip which I sold to fund my titanium Nakaya Piccolo, but I think I might try to find that full sterling model. :)

wow, you really must review the Titanium Piccolo for us, it has never been shown on FPN in flesh.

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

wow, you really must review the Titanium Piccolo for us, it has never been shown on FPN in flesh.

I'll post a picture here in the Rising Sun forum in a few moments and then try to do a review later this week. :thumbup:

• 8 months later...

I actually came across a Silvern at a pen show and didn't get it. I didn't know what it was and just knew it had a cool paisley pattern and it was a Pilot. I got a hold of the guy who had it afterwards but he already sold it. It was for a good price, too. :( I have been looking online and have seen the ones listed throughout this forum except for the one I saw. *cries*

"Intelligence plus character – that is the true goal of education." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Teaching is not a lost art, but the regard for it is a lost tradition." - Jacques Barzun

“Wisdom is not a product of schooling but of the lifelong attempt to acquire it.” ― Albert Einstein

“A good head and good heart are always a formidable combination. But when you add to that a literate tongue or pen, then you have something very special.” ― Nelson Mandela

“Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all.” ― Aristotle

All are Good and all are Japanese.

These are from my website. Have many more.

Vintage Japanese silver is highly collectible and has appreciated over the years.

http://ryojusen-pens.com/resources/_wsb_488x360_Shiseido+1.1.jpg

http://ryojusen-pens.com/resources/_wsb_495x392_Plat+Fuji+1.jpg

http://ryojusen-pens.com/resources/_wsb_496x346_Vanco+R14K+-+1.JPG

http://ryojusen-pens.com/resources/_wsb_474x343_DSC08647.JPG

stan

Formerly Ryojusen Pens

Hammered down today on Yahoo Japan.

Choice sterling silver in box with papers.

post-388-0-51647400-1397913526.png

stan

Formerly Ryojusen Pens

Absolutely lovely. Do you have the Silvern with a paisley pattern?

All are Good and all are Japanese.

These are from my website. Have many more.

Vintage Japanese silver is highly collectible and has appreciated over the years.

http://ryojusen-pens.com/resources/_wsb_488x360_Shiseido+1.1.jpg

http://ryojusen-pens.com/resources/_wsb_495x392_Plat+Fuji+1.jpg

http://ryojusen-pens.com/resources/_wsb_496x346_Vanco+R14K+-+1.JPG

http://ryojusen-pens.com/resources/_wsb_474x343_DSC08647.JPG

"Intelligence plus character – that is the true goal of education." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Teaching is not a lost art, but the regard for it is a lost tradition." - Jacques Barzun

“Wisdom is not a product of schooling but of the lifelong attempt to acquire it.” ― Albert Einstein

“A good head and good heart are always a formidable combination. But when you add to that a literate tongue or pen, then you have something very special.” ― Nelson Mandela

“Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all.” ― Aristotle