The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Replacement Noodler's Flex Nib

noodlers flex nib ahab

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Caffeinated42

Caffeinated42

Near Mint

• Member - Silver

• PipPipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 August 2013 - 21:31

I bought a Noodlers Ahab from Goulet Pens and I LOVE it. However, my foster dog did not appreciate my attention being split between him and the letter I was writing so he flicked dear Ahab out of my hand. The pen is fine but the nib is beyond repair. I can find all kinds of non-flex replacement nibs out there on the interwebs but my Google-Fu fails when it comes to finding a flexible replacement. Does anyone have any ideas on where I might be able to find something? 

Thanks for your help folks.

Attached Images

• image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg

Shalom!
Caffeinated42

Sponsored Content

#2 Chemyst

Chemyst

Antique

• Away
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,855 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 21:37

Send your photos to the US distributor.

Chemyst is not and never was a representative of Noodler's Ink. As misrepresentations like this are not allowed on FPN, Chemyst's right to participate on our board was therefore withdrawn, as from March 2016.

Warm regards,
The FPN Admin Team

#3 swanjun

swanjun

(Not really a lamb.)

• Member - Gold

• 2,019 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 August 2013 - 22:18

You could buy another Ahab and one of the loose Goulet nibs from the Goulets, and have one for flexy writing and one for non-flexy.

#4 cybaea

cybaea

Messsage me

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 August 2013 - 02:45

I have never seen the nibs available separately - I think you have to buy a new pen.

I am no longer very active on FPN but feel free to message me. Or send me a postal letter!

#5 coldman

coldman

Observer of the Northern Lights

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 16:39

There are some #5 nibs listed at http://fountainpenre...fpsupplies.html, including a flexible nib of similar design as Noodler's nibs. I don't know if it's the right size for the Ahab.

#6 cybaea

cybaea

Messsage me

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 August 2013 - 18:23

There are some #5 nibs listed at http://fountainpenre...fpsupplies.html, including a flexible nib of similar design as Noodler's nibs. I don't know if it's the right size for the Ahab.

From memory, but I am pretty sure the Ahab is a #6. Look at the Goulet (non-flex) nibs - they fit.

I am no longer very active on FPN but feel free to message me. Or send me a postal letter!

#7 Caffeinated42

Caffeinated42

Near Mint

• Member - Silver

• PipPipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 August 2013 - 21:20

The Ahab is a #6. Those Goulet Nibs have always been my fall back if there are no flexabable nibs to be found.

However, another member sent me a PM saying he has an extra Ahab nib or two and is willing to ship them to me  :bunny01:  :bunny01:  :bunny01:  :bunny01:

Shalom!
Caffeinated42

#8 Gloucesterman

Gloucesterman

Transformation Coach

• Member - Gold

• 2,242 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 August 2013 - 00:49

Some people on FPN have mentioned that contacting the distributor of Noodler with a situation such as that described above has received a replacement nib section in return. I would second the suggestion to send a picture to the distributor. And keep you fingers crossed!

Also, check out isellpens.com (no affiliaition) Todd may still have some Ahab available at a nice discount. I have not checked in a while, so I will let you do the heavy work!

Good luck.

“Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today, because if you do it today and like it, you can do again tomorrow!”

#9 Runnin_Ute

Runnin_Ute

Super Pinks member:

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,653 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 August 2013 - 22:09

Ouch!

Let me know if you don't have any luck with getting a replacement. Perhaps we can work something out.

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

#10 SmoovD

SmoovD

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 13:25

You can find replacement #6 nibs from Goulet Pens and Xfountainpens.

#11 Muthy

Muthy

Dipped Only

• Member - Bronze

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 August 2013 - 04:50

You can ask goulet pen if you can get a replacement nib. The only catch is you have to purchase something along with it. I had my ahab pen nib bent too. Goulet pen was nice enough to send me a replacement nib free of charge along with my purchases. 

#12 SmoovD

SmoovD

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 20:03

If you do not mind slight used I have an extra nib. PM me your address and I will be happy to drop it in the post.

#13 Vintage Razor

Vintage Razor

Rare

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 August 2013 - 20:43

Sorry to hear about the nib issue the flex nibs are great. I have also had a few bent nibs a time or 2 I hope you can get this resolved soon.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: noodlers, flex nib, ahab

Sponsored Content

|