• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• elysee

• Dillo

• GClef

• XiaoMG

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry about that! I did not notice that the second set of ink samples was not in my previous post. I edited my post to add the second set and labeled them as Set #1 and Set #2.

Enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...

http://i1128.photobucket.com/albums/m496/gclef1114/photobucket-14570-1376398923390_zpsde8b4e48.jpg

My go to ball point is my Cross Century. I also will use a PaperMate Profile. Unfortunately in the Pharmacy, I cannot write with a fountain pen all the time :(

Sean - Organics Studio Sales Associate
Fountain Pen Lover
Nibmeister
sean@organicsstudio.com

A Capri III with original Jumbo refill is a nice thing to have or maybe a Linc Glycer 10 colour pack.

+1 on the Capri Mk III. The design is pure 1950s art, and the jumbo refill lasts a long time. I have most all of the colors.

Have a vintage lady sheaffer bp (or is it an rb, no idea), which I bought for 5 bucks as a backup.

shudder. Last time I used a BP was because I had to sign something and the paper was so bad that the aurora black I had loaded up in my FP just exploded on the page. :sick: it's so hard to describe how alien it feels to use BP now

My two best writers.

http://s2.postimg.org/v3a1772ft/M1000_Black_L_R.jpg..........http://img802.imageshack.us/img802/1217/85960889.png

.........I call this one Günter. ......... I call this one Michael Clarke Duncan.

Out of curiosity, those of you who abhor ballpoint pens, have you ever tried a Schneider Slider 755 (Parker-style) ballpoint refill? I believe that you would be very surprised by the smoothness of Schneider Slider 755 refills as well as the smoothness of Monteverde Softroll refills (variety of refills types including Cross, Parker-style, Montblanc, Lamy, and S.T. Dupont). I particularly enjoy the extra broad refills for each.

Another Cross owner here. Mine's an ATX in jade green with rose gold fittings; it was a gift from a friend who thought it went with a jade bangle I always wear.

Now, I massively prefer my fountain pens. BUT there's always a place for a ballpoint: it's useful to lend to people so I don't have to risk one of my fountain pens, it's handy for certain kinds of form-filling (I travel a lot, and immigration forms usually require a ballpoint), it's useful if my other pens have run out when I'm not near an ink bottle; and Cross refills are actually rather nice writers. Using it makes me think fondly of the friend who gave it to me - she lives at the other end of the country now, and we don't get to meet up often (although coincidentally, she's in my town for work today so we're having dinner).

I've had this thing for years now, and I've used it enough that I've actually had to buy refills for it. It's my only ballpoint, but if I'm totally honest, I'm rather fond of it.

I have to use a bic pen for work. I cry a little everyday afterwards.

Check out my budding pen blog here!

pentheism.tumblr.com

+1 on the Capri Mk III. The design is pure 1950s art, and the jumbo refill lasts a long time. I have most all of the colors.

I am lucky to have 3 Mk IIIs now, my last two a red then a grey......and a Golden Capri/Mk IV.

/http://sphotos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/858372_558495127508117_649985064_o.jpg

I rather enjoy using my Parker Classic or Fisher Space Pen when I'm on the run. They aren't FPs, but with decent refills and solid construction, they still scratch that pen itch AND I can avoid using whatever awful old BP that happens to be nearest.

I use a ballpoint for writing a note or two in my bible.

My mom likes the Zebra Surari series, and I don't mind them either. It's a fine line that I really can't (and won't bother to) replicate with a fountain pen

Visconti Homo Sapiens; Lamy 2000; Unicomp Endurapro keyboard.

Free your mind -- go write

Out of curiosity, those of you who abhor ballpoint pens, have you ever tried a Schneider Slider 755 (Parker-style) ballpoint refill? I believe that you would be very surprised by the smoothness of Schneider Slider 755 refills as well as the smoothness of Monteverde Softroll refills (variety of refills types including Cross, Parker-style, Montblanc, Lamy, and S.T. Dupont). I particularly enjoy the extra broad refills for each.

I'm the one who tried Schneider Slider 755. i can say it is smooth, but the colour is too light (light blue) and mine was skipping...unfortunately. The new Quinkflow from Parker is far better, imo.

Yes, some bp refills are smoother/better than others. I still see no reason to use them beyond as little as possible.

One other thing about Schneider: I noticed that their non-standard color bp refills (brown and green come to mind) were a bit better than those of other companies.

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."

~ George Orwell

Once you're used to writing with a fountain pen, using a ball point feels like writing with a rusty nail. I use ballpoints only for signing credit card slips.

Once you're used to writing with a fountain pen, using a ball point feels like writing with a rusty nail. I use ballpoints only for signing credit card slips.

Wow! I am glad that I am not using the same type of ballpoint pens that you use! ; )

Returned to using fountain pens for just over a year now, but still love my Parker ballpens.

Long reign the House of Belmont.