Buy Pelikan In The Uk

Valek

Hey everyone!

I have been toying with the idea of purchasing a Pelikan M800. I am located in the UK and Niche Pens seem to be the obvious choice.

After purchasing a 1.1mm stub Twsbi 580, I am tempted to have the pelikan nib modified to a 0.8 or 0.9mm stub/cursive italic.

Niche pens do offer customisations. I am wondering if any of you have had them customise your pens and what the result was. I dont want to spend too much sending the pen off after purchase to have it customised. Are they any good?

Ideally I'd send it to states to one of the two big nibmeisters but unfortunatly thats a little pricey and a pain with customs.

Many thanks.

V.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chopper88

• Valek

• cybaea

• Wolverine1

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Alternatively, you can send you pen to our fellow FPN member "oxonian" aka John Sorowka, he is known to be really good at modifying nibs.

Niche Pens / Pelikan Pens is the obvious choice, but Andy's Pens, Write Here, or Cult Pens are worth looking at as well; currently Niche and Cult are tied on price - I have purchased from both of them and have received great service. However, I have never used Ross' nib customization so can't really comment but i would not hesitate to use it.

But another vote for the amazing nib work of John Sorowka! If you know what you want, he will deliver something fantastic. Contact him beforehand for advice on the best stock nib to get if you want to go that route.

Edited by cybaea

I am no longer very active on FPN but feel free to message me. Or send me a postal letter!

Yes, depending on Oxonian's prices, it might even be cheaper to buy the pen here: http://penbox.co.uk/souveran.800.htm, and sending it off or having it delivered to him.

Then you'll know for sure you'll get a great nib :)

No affiliation here, I've just bought my own m800 there in the past, and couldn't find a better price back then.

Service was as expected, I paid, and had a new m800 in my hands a few days later.

Mail correspondence was also great, had some questions which were answered clearly and quick (same day).

Edit: NVM, just checked and saw they upped the prices, only saves you 1 GBP now haha.

Edited by Chopper88

Yes, depending on Oxonian's prices, it might even be cheaper to buy the pen here: http://penbox.co.uk/souveran.800.htm, and sending it off or having it delivered to him.

Then you'll know for sure you'll get a great nib :)

No affiliation here, I've just bought my own m800 there in the past, and couldn't find a better price back then.

Service was as expected, I paid, and had a new m800 in my hands a few days later.

Mail correspondence was also great, had some questions which were answered clearly and quick (same day).

oh, wow, didn't know he also sold the pens. And he is a whole pound cheaper than the other lot! Thank you, Chopper88 !

I am no longer very active on FPN but feel free to message me. Or send me a postal letter!

oh, wow, didn't know he also sold the pens. And he is a whole pound cheaper than the other lot! Thank you, Chopper88 !

Hahaha yeah I just saw the price difference there :lol:

Thanks for the replies guys.

Ive been in touch with Ross at Niche pens and he recommends getting a medium M800 modified to italic. That should get me a line around 0.8-0.9mm.

Would you guys go medium or broad?

I need this to be a daily writer so I'd like it to be very smooth and easy to write with.

Well, that would depend on the one who customises the nib, and how wide it is for starters.

A medium probably needs to be ground a little more in length to make it wider, a broad could just be ground into an italic. But this is all dependant on the width of the stock nib.

When possible, and done right, it shouldn't matter, because you want a .8/.9 mm line after all.

Looks like I'll be ordering the M800 from Niche pens with the custom nib. Thanks guys.

If any of you have ordered custom nibs from Niche Pens please do post your experiences. I'd be very interested to know.

Thanks!