What's Your Most Recent Addition To The Flock?

camoandconcrete

No pics yet, but I'm enjoying my first Pelikan - a black M200.

Good you said "....my FIRST Pelikan...."!!

It most likely will NOT be your LAST!!! :D

Pelikans have a habit of "breeding" at an alarming rate!!! Before you know it, you've got a "flock"....and loving ALL of them!!

Prepare to have more "Feathered Friends" come to "roost"!!

(OT -- Say "HI!" to Da Buckeye!! ;) )

Always try to get the dibs.....on fountain pens with EF nibs!!

Edited by dasXFnib

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DrCodfish

• sargetalon

• christof

• konis

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A Pelikan M200 Cognac should be on its way from Japan shortly. ETA: 12/15/2015-1/7/2016.

I sure was missing the M205 (black) with fine nib I had but lost in June, so ordered it with the fine. I also had a red M205 (M) a M150 (M) and a 120 Merz & Krell (EF) - I miss them all.

So the Cognac will join the marbled (blue?/gray?) old style cap M200 with an OB....

Pelikan's are a bit harder/more expensive to replace than P45 & P51's.....(as a general rule)

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

An M205 Amethyst (F) is on the way from Novelli....!! (He was out of EF -- I'll add one later!!;))

Still eyeing the Cognac described by Runnin_Ute.....Hard to beat the price, if you don't mind the wait!! :rolleyes:

Always try to get the dibs....on fountain pens with EF nibs!!

Edited by dasXFnib

A Pelikan M200 Cognac should be on its way from Japan shortly. ETA: 12/15/2015-1/7/2016.

I sure was missing the M205 (black) with fine nib I had but lost in June, so ordered it with the fine. I also had a red M205 (M) a M150 (M) and a 120 Merz & Krell (EF) - I miss them all.

So the Cognac will join the marbled (blue?/gray?) old style cap M200 with an OB....

Pelikan's are a bit harder/more expensive to replace than P45 & P51's.....(as a general rule)

Hit Customs in Los Angeles on 11/21/2015. Now - how long will it take in LA....

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

Got a little 101 Lizard in today. The "scale" pattern is smaller and more subdued than most pictures I have seen making it look a bit more elegant to me.

Regards

Jeff

I purchased a Stresemann today. Now to wait for it to arrive from Europe.

In order to appreciate the sweet, you must truly taste the bitter....

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

I purchased a Stresemann today. Now to wait for it to arrive from Europe.

I did too! I went with a fine nib. There were problems with my credit card. I don't think they liked the international purchase. I had to call and have them clear it. Hopefully the vendor has read my email and run it again. Italy to USA. I wonder how long and expensive this is going to be?

I did too! I went with a fine nib. There were problems with my credit card. I don't think they liked the international purchase. I had to call and have them clear it. Hopefully the vendor has read my email and run it again. Italy to USA. I wonder how long and expensive this is going to be?

Novelli ships FedEx International.....10 Euros (~12$US)....ETA -- 4-8 business days...

My M205 Amethyst is due in this Friday (11/27)!!

Good luck!!

Always try to get the dibs.....on fountain pens with EF nibs!!

Hit Customs in Los Angeles on 11/21/2015. Now - how long will it take in LA....

Arrived today. It's gorgeous. And the nib? Sweet. Great fine line, approaching some of my Parker 45's for line width. Not blobby at all. Filled with what else? Pelikan 4001 Blue Black. :) :wub:

Edited by Runnin_Ute

Brad

<Got a little 101 Lizard in today>

Jeff King, are you meaning what I call the modern replica or a proper vintage jobbie? I am trying very hard to resist further Pelikan expenditure at present -- for a while, anyway! :)

Bought two M800 pens from Cult Pens, taking advantage of the 10% discount on Fountain Pen Day and the free bottle of Edelstein Ink. Though I was a real dill for not having two packages sent, as I got hit with a $200 bill for customs fees, import duty and GST ...

post-66761-0-74914400-1448589142_thumb.jpg

From eBay I got a green 400N in wonderful condition. The moderately flexible fine nib wrote perfectly upon arrival. The price was outstanding. I also got a black 100N in very good condition, with a dry DEF nib. After a couple of days soaking to free up the dry nib, the binde cracked! Horror, it had been so beautiful. Rick Propas replaced the broken binde with a gorgeous marbled green binde, replaced the seal and adjusted the nib. It is still a DEF nib, but one that writes very well. Then at the Ohio Pen Show, I bought from Rick Propas a wonderful 100 from between 1933 and 1937. It has a green marbled binde and a moderately flexible fine nib. My new favorite pen.

Bought two M800 pens from Cult Pens, taking advantage of the 10% discount on Fountain Pen Day and the free bottle of Edelstein Ink. Though I was a real dill for not having two packages sent, as I got hit with a $200 bill for customs fees, import duty and GST ...

Thats a great looking flock, Pjay. It looks like you need a blue one, though. :)

So I am using the new Bird - M 205 Amethyst which is the 2nd addition to my flock....

fpn_1448869022__pelikan_amethyst_4.jpg

fpn_1448869333__pelikan_amethyst_3.jpg

fpn_1448869393__pelikan_amethyst_1.jpg

lovelypen and lovely handwriting.

"Friendship is the purest love. It is the highest form of Love where nothing is asked for, no condition, where one simply enjoys giving.”
- Osho

I just received an older, NIB, M250 in a dark burgundy color with EF nib along with a matching ballpoint. At first the pen would not write so I removed the nib, blew some water through it after soaking a while and nothing, so I soaked a few minutes in some very dilute dishwashing detergent with a dash of alcohol, rinsed, blew out again and resassembled and it works. I am surprised that the nib has quite a bit of flex so I am happy.

Regards

Jeff