What's Your Most Recent Addition To The Flock?

camoandconcrete

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DrCodfish

• sargetalon

• christof

• konis

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just picked this M450 with tortoise and gold cap. Awaiting to receive it in my hands now.

(Photo copyright: the seller)

post-124546-0-01005500-1443962119_thumb.jpeg

Best//Sharookh

I ordered the Pink Stripe M600 from Germany, with an "OB" nib. I'm wondering if I misunderstood what that would be like. I'm not finding anything even remotely like "oblique" in this new nib.

fpn_1442680789__pelikan_m600_pink-pen.jp

I have an M200 that I bought in the late 1990s, with an "OM" nib, and it clearly had a chiseled feel to it, that gave a distinctive line similar to a dip calligraphy nib. But the brand new OB nib is missing that sharp feel, and the line is broad, but not sharp.

fpn_1442680806__pelikan_m600_pink-nib.jp

Has anyone else had that experience?

Just ordered the M600 blue stripe with B nib from Rolf Thiel. Looking forward to adding it to the flock.

Just picked this M450 with tortoise and gold cap. Awaiting to receive it in my hands now.

Congratulations on your purchase! The greenish tortoise pattern on the M450 together with the vermeil cap makes it one of the most beautiful Pelikans ever.

These pens are not easy to find, nor are they cheap. After a lot of searching I finally bought one from a vendor in Russia.

Congratulations on your purchase! The greenish tortoise pattern on the M450 together with the vermeil cap makes it one of the most beautiful Pelikans ever.

These pens are not easy to find, nor are they cheap. After a lot of searching I finally bought one from a vendor in Russia.

Thanks Carlos and congratulations to you as well. I have yet to get it in my hands. So have no experience on how it writes. Would love to hear your experience with the pen.....

Best//Sharookh

Another Pelikan vintage croco faux leather pen case.. This will be an addition to my other lizard & snake faux leather cases..

That's amazing! Congrats! :)

Thank you everyone for the comments earlier!

Here are a couple more shots of the M425 :D

21743800600_5412acc262_b.jpg

21347333423_071cc2095a_b.jpg

I ordered the Pink Stripe M600 from Germany, with an "OB" nib. I'm wondering if I misunderstood what that would be like. I'm not finding anything even remotely like "oblique" in this new nib.

fpn_1442680789__pelikan_m600_pink-pen.jp

I have an M200 that I bought in the late 1990s, with an "OM" nib, and it clearly had a chiseled feel to it, that gave a distinctive line similar to a dip calligraphy nib. But the brand new OB nib is missing that sharp feel, and the line is broad, but not sharp.

fpn_1442680806__pelikan_m600_pink-nib.jp

That surely isn't my concept of an oblique nib. It appears to have been mislabeled.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

What a beautiful pen! I'm sure it will be a joy to use.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

That surely isn't my concept of an oblique nib. It appears to have been mislabeled.

+ 1

I would contact the seller to have it changed.

I would contact the seller to have it changed.

Thanks for the responses. I would send it back to Germany, but I have heard from other Pelikan users that the modern (recent) oblique nibs are simply shaped like this —now. A slight disappointment, but not a deal-breaker.

Black M1000 medium nib. This pen is a nice companion to my Green M1000 EF. Wet and juicy, which isn't much of a surprise.

post-115667-0-42627600-1444354595_thumb.jpeg

My M205 Amethyst arrived a couple days ago, along with a Cafe Creme for my husband. Very happy with both.

Pelikano P460... 2 Euro at the antique shop down the street from La Couronne du Comte (where I purchased a bottle of Sailor Jentle Four Seasons Tokiwa Matsu) and right next door from the art supplies store where I got a new Brause dip pen and a couple of dip nibs... Hmmm Nieuwlandstraat in Tilburg is starting to become my favourite street to shop, as there's a record store that sells quality music as well...

Edited by Coop

... Never underestimate the power of human stupidity ...

Keep track of the progress in my quest for a less terrible handwriting here: http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/262105-handwriting-from-hell-a-quest-for-personal-improvement/?do=findComment&comment=2917072

Two rollerballs R400, one Green striped for me and one Red striped for the wife.

I know rollerballs don't really count... But I couldn't pass on the deal.