The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

How Is My Handwriting?

handwriting clean italic calligraphy writing good best tips

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Shahab Mirza

Shahab Mirza

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 July 2013 - 14:19

How is my handwriting, in this post you all good people will tell me that is my handwriting good or not and help me choose my final handwriting and by time to time you guys will give me tips on improving my handwriting. Thanks.

See the file attached below in which there is one of my handwriting style. 

Attached Images

• IMG_20130724_172529.jpg
  • xcsfdsfd.jpg

Sponsored Content

#2 Nanny

Nanny

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 July 2013 - 14:39

This looks like  anice mixture of conventional cursive and print-script. It's atrractive and personal.

#3 Unky

Unky

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 July 2013 - 15:16

The letters are neatly written. You have personalized your writing by mixing manuscript and cursive. It looks good.

The education of a man is never complete until he dies. Gen. Robert E. Lee

#4 Shahab Mirza

Shahab Mirza

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 July 2013 - 15:37

The letters are neatly written. You have personalized your writing by mixing manuscript and cursive. It looks good.

Thanks, but tell me that should I final it as my writing because I can write it fluently and fast.

#5 Runnin_Ute

Runnin_Ute

Super Pinks member:

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,940 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 July 2013 - 01:56

Very nice script. If you can write this good quickly I don't see a reason to change.

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

#6 Shahab Mirza

Shahab Mirza

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 July 2013 - 08:44

Very nice script. If you can write this good quickly I don't see a reason to change.

Yes friend, I can write it very fast and fluent as well, but I am thinking that why I am writing it in Italic, I will write it in straight form because Italic writing doesn't look that perfect as of straight, because its not legible, what you say?

#7 smk

smk

Antique

• FPN Tech. Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,660 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 July 2013 - 09:00

I think this is an attractive and flowing hand. The only thing that gives me a pause is the trailing end to the letters h, m and n - you leave the tail almost horizontal and it breaks the flow in my opinion (see the 'nd' liagature in 'handwriting' and the 'ng' ligature in 'writing' - these could easily be 'rd' and 'rg' respectively).

Nobody can tell you if this should be the style to stick to - it is your handwriting and your expression. The only criterion for finalization would be your satisfaction with the style.

Your handwriting will continue to evolve and change over time anyway and it will become more and more personalized (in a good way) throughout your life. This is true even for the people who start out by learning from a 'standardized' course - personal expression creeps into even the most formal of styles. 

These Dollar pens are superb writers aren't they - I use one or two of mine pretty much every day (albeit with modified or transplanted nibs).

Salman

#8 Unky

Unky

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 July 2013 - 14:25

Thanks, but tell me that should I final it as my writing because I can write it fluently and fast.

It should be your final copy. Most people's handwriting will change slightly as they continue to write. For example my handwriting was very sloppy as a kid, in college I had to take a class on handwriting for my degree and my handwriting became drastically better. After doing major damage to the wrist of my dominate hand (I am ambidextrous) my handwriting is not as neat as I would like it. Keep writing, practice is the key to getting your writing to look the way you want it too. Your sample looks good!

The education of a man is never complete until he dies. Gen. Robert E. Lee

#9 carlosviet

carlosviet

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 July 2013 - 14:52

I like your writing, but the overall feeling is chaotic. Neat margins are very important for a composition. The left one is so unaligned that fogs the first impression. Same with the right one; hyphening and splitting words allows for a neater packing of the text. I think. 

“Of the gladdest moments in human life, methinks, is the departure upon a distant journey into unknown lands. Shaking off with one mighty effort the fetters of Habit, the leaden weight of Routine, the cloak of many Cares and the slavery of Civilization, man feels once more happy.”  - Sir Richard. F. Burton

#10 Shahab Mirza

Shahab Mirza

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 July 2013 - 16:26

I think this is an attractive and flowing hand. The only thing that gives me a pause is the trailing end to the letters h, m and n - you leave the tail almost horizontal and it breaks the flow in my opinion (see the 'nd' liagature in 'handwriting' and the 'ng' ligature in 'writing' - these could easily be 'rd' and 'rg' respectively).

Nobody can tell you if this should be the style to stick to - it is your handwriting and your expression. The only criterion for finalization would be your satisfaction with the style.

Your handwriting will continue to evolve and change over time anyway and it will become more and more personalized (in a good way) throughout your life. This is true even for the people who start out by learning from a 'standardized' course - personal expression creeps into even the most formal of styles. 

These Dollar pens are superb writers aren't they - I use one or two of mine pretty much every day (albeit with modified or transplanted nibs).

Salman

Yes friend, you noticed that tails where letter end i.e "n" etc it looks like "r" and what I noticed is that my "n" looks like "x" so it looks like easily "xd" and "xg" but you are right it looks like "nd" and "ng" so thanks for advise, I will try to write the letters like "n" more fluent and complete, I will focus on improving it, years back I used to write on the line, means like this handwriting is on the center of line, previously I used to write on the line, but I then concluded that handwriting which is written on the center of line is more attractive, help me decide that should I write italic or straight because in "non-italic" writing I can write more legibly and fast, Italic writing makes it slow and more difficult. Thanks.

#11 Shahab Mirza

Shahab Mirza

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 July 2013 - 16:29

It should be your final copy. Most people's handwriting will change slightly as they continue to write. For example my handwriting was very sloppy as a kid, in college I had to take a class on handwriting for my degree and my handwriting became drastically better. After doing major damage to the wrist of my dominate hand (I am ambidextrous) my handwriting is not as neat as I would like it. Keep writing, practice is the key to getting your writing to look the way you want it too. Your sample looks good!

Thanks friend, you know one thing, I have changed my handwriting more than 10-15 times during Grade 5 to Grade 11 and now I think I should finalize it as my handwriting because if I will try to mess with it it will again become illegible writing, Thanks friend. 

#12 Shahab Mirza

Shahab Mirza

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 July 2013 - 16:31

I like your writing, but the overall feeling is chaotic. Neat margins are very important for a composition. The left one is so unaligned that fogs the first impression. Same with the right one; hyphening and splitting words allows for a neater packing of the text. I think. 

Yes friend you are right, the left side is unaligned and that fogs because the camera from which I captured the photo was bit shaking by my hand, I will try to write one other model by putting margin line. Thanks dear.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: handwriting, clean, italic, calligraphy, writing, good, best, tips

Sponsored Content

|