Kaweco Ice Sport Nibs

Inkysloth

Hi all,

I have a Kaweco Ice Sport with a medium nib. I find this far too broad for my tastes, so wanted to order an extra fine. I've found an excellent price online at Tiger Pens - £7.99 for the nib & section but it states it fits:

Kaweco AL Sport
Kaweco AC Sport
Kaweco Art Sport
Kaweco Sport Luxe
Kaweco Lilliput
Kaweco Student

and not the Ice Sport or Classic.

Is this simply because they have transparent sections, and this replacement is black? Or is there a size difference?

I was thinking of just taking the nib itself from the section and swapping that over, which means the colour difference ceases to be an issue, but are the nibs themselves the same dimensions?

Best wishes & thanks in advance

Robin

Instagram @inkysloth

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Inkysloth

• rachelcarpenter

• Uncle Red

• NedC

The Sport models should all use the same size section and nib.

Thanks Uncle Red!

I did think that should be the case, but I didn't want to shell out for something that wouldn't work. I shall now order fearlessly!

Best wishes

Robin

Instagram @inkysloth

The Classic Sport & Ice Sport nib units are sold as a complete section, the other pens use a screw in nib and feed assembly, like Pelikans, the nibs themselves may work but if you bought a nib assembly for the Al Sport et al you would have to disassemble that first in order to use it.

The Classic Sport & Ice Sport nib units are sold as a complete section, the other pens use a screw in nib and feed assembly, like Pelikans, the nibs themselves may work but if you bought a nib assembly for the Al Sport et al you would have to disassemble that first in order to use it.

As long as I can get the nib itself out of the section & feed, I'm happy to do that. I wish you could just buy the nib alone!

Instagram @inkysloth

Nib in the Ice sport is friction fit, so you should be able to get it out.

Buying a nib for the Ice sport will give you an extra section, just in case you need it or want to do a quick change, Pricing for the Ice sport nib+section is very close to that of the nib + feed for the AL sport etc

www.fontoplumo.nl

info@fontoplumo.nl

Hi all,

I have a Kaweco Ice Sport with a medium nib. I find this far too broad for my tastes, so wanted to order an extra fine. ...

You can buy replacement nib units specifically for the Classic/Ice from Cult Pens in the UK for just a few pence more than the items you have been considering.

Kind regards

Ysgrifbin

(No affiliation)

You can buy replacement nib units specifically for the Classic/Ice from Cult Pens in the UK for just a few pence more than the items you have been considering.

Kind regards

Ysgrifbin

(No affiliation)

The nib was delivered yesterday, but I'll note that Ice Sport sections are available. Also, though it's only a price difference of £2.00, that's a whole extra pack of cartridges I could buy!

Instagram @inkysloth

"I have a Kaweco Ice Sport with a medium nib. I find this far too broad for my tastes, so wanted to order an extra fine."

I have the fine, and it's too broad, I have given up on this pen until my local supplier gets the extra fines in :(

• 1 month later...

thanks for this thread. Frank vK, any advice on how to get out the ice sport nib/section? i want to get a BB nib that jetpens says works for the ice sport and lilliput and try it in my ice.

(and maybe in my new lilliput, which i LOVE but which didn't com in BB. would have tried the B but that was sold out. i can't get over how great kawecos are - they kind of leave my other pens in the dust.)

Nib in the Ice sport is friction fit, so you should be able to get it out.

Buying a nib for the Ice sport will give you an extra section, just in case you need it or want to do a quick change, Pricing for the Ice sport nib+section is very close to that of the nib + feed for the AL sport etc

Esterbrooks

Montblanc... meisterstuck 146 from the early 80s. A gift from a friend who got many pens for his Bar Mitzvah.

Conklin parts, in a ziplock.

1990s Shaeffers - one slender matte mauve, one marbled shiny blue, both lovely to write with. Love those nibs.

Stypen. Smoother flow now that I've flushed it.

"Treasure" combined pen and pencil. Old, tiny, works.

PetitPoint

Platinum Preppy

thanks for this thread. Frank vK, any advice on how to get out the ice sport nib/section? i want to get a BB nib that jetpens says works for the ice sport and lilliput and try it in my ice.

(and maybe in my new lilliput, which i LOVE but which didn't com in BB. would have tried the B but that was sold out. i can't get over how great kawecos are - they kind of leave my other pens in the dust.)

The nib & feed should pull out from the section with a gentle wiggle & firm steady pull. It's not screwed in, just held by friction.

Instagram @inkysloth

thanks very much!!

Esterbrooks

Montblanc... meisterstuck 146 from the early 80s. A gift from a friend who got many pens for his Bar Mitzvah.

Conklin parts, in a ziplock.

1990s Shaeffers - one slender matte mauve, one marbled shiny blue, both lovely to write with. Love those nibs.

Stypen. Smoother flow now that I've flushed it.

"Treasure" combined pen and pencil. Old, tiny, works.

PetitPoint

Platinum Preppy