Left FPN

I know your not saying that I'm lying when I say that I have a Waterman 7 with an orange nib. It goes from XXXF- BBBB with little pressure.

post some pics of your pens. whats the point of having a huge collection if you cant share it with anyone. such a wide variety of 58's would be a really cool thing to see. i am sure the users here would love to drool over your pile of 58s and your 7 with the very wet noodle nib

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Penne Stilografiche

• pen-lover

• Left FPN

• Procyon

A pretty good price for me. I now have 39 BHR 58's, 14 RHR 58's, and 22 MHR 58's. Let alone, the beauties of my collection, 4 458 and 1 Rose gold 558, 3 Yellow gold 558's, and 1 Green gold 558.

Actually, I don't believe you. I am calling you out. Time to put up or shut up. Show us some pictures. I think you are full of it.

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana." - Groucho Marx

Actually, I don't believe you. I am calling you out. Time to put up or shut up. Show us some pictures. I think you are full of it.

I'm very private about my collection. I just thought you guys would be curious who won the pen. Now you know it found a good home.

A pretty good price for me. I now have 39 BHR 58's, 14 RHR 58's, and 22 MHR 58's. Let alone, the beauties of my collection, 4 458 and 1 Rose gold 558, 3 Yellow gold 558's, and 1 Green gold 558.

Intriguing..I appreciate..that your a private person re your collection..Yet you post the above..

{fascinatin'}...Those pens are the proverbial hen's teeth....Perhaps a group scan or photograph..

Fred

perhaps one did not want to be loved so much

as to be understood ~ Orwell

:yikes: I understand people having doubles in their collection, but 75 58's!!! :yikes: *WOW!!!

*picture or they don't exist.

Edited by collectiblepens.com

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

—Oscar Wilde

:yikes: I understand people having doubles in their collection, but 14 58's!!! :yikes: *WOW!!!

*picture or they don't exist.

Is it the government not wanting anybody to have privacy or its citizens?

You really didn't expect people to ask to see photo's of your collection after giving such a list of pens? If your collection was private, than you should not have shared a list of your pens to the public. I pretty sure if I told you I had 50 NOS Montblanc 139's you would want to see a photo of them as well.

—Oscar Wilde

the government likely already knows what pens you have.

if those pens are insured, which they should be given the value of them, then posting pictures of them online is the safest way to have proof of your goods should something happen to them. you can have pictures on your computer but if something happened to your whole house or your apartment, you would loose your proof of goods for the insurance company.

the real reason why you should share your pens though is because this is the best hive of research on the subject of fountain pens. i have not seen several of these variants and the opportunity to see them all side by side is really a rare one. it would also be nice to see what if any variations of imprints on the side of all those 58s are.

the last reason why its odd that you are suddenly concerned about your privacy is that you have a pen blog that you have shown me before.

If you wanted privacy, all you had to do was not to post on this forum. If you can't show pictures of your somewhat unbelievable collection, then I suggest you go back to playing Dungeons and Dragons in your parents basement, and not post here any more.

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana." - Groucho Marx

Somebody shared photos of a room he had built onto his house as a museum to his Montblanc collection - last year or so...

let's see...

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/230223-how-i-display-my-collection/

So whatever you have probably pales in comparison. :P

Somebody shared photos of a room he had built onto his house as a museum to his Montblanc collection - last year or so...

let's see...

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/230223-how-i-display-my-collection/

So whatever you have probably pales in comparison. :P

If only that "museum" was open to the public...... What a sight to behold.

—Oscar Wilde

the government likely already knows what pens you have.

:lticaptd:

—Oscar Wilde

A pretty good price for me.

That pen sold for approx. $660 with the conversion from GBP's. So, if you paid that price for each of your 75 Waterman 58's, you would have spent $49500. Not saying it is impossible, but.... it is very unrealistic.

—Oscar Wilde

That pen sold for approx. $660 with the conversion from GBP's. So, if you paid that price for each of your 75 Waterman 58's, you would have spent $49500. Not saying it is impossible, but.... it is very unrealistic.

I cannot see why, I have a collection of bricks that's worth £400K but I will not show pictures. Plus you might get a little glass eyed after the second brick.

Edited by Force

Pretty good price,

As of 8/3/13, prices are as follows;

RHR 58: $3-3.5k = $49,000

RMHR 58: $1.2-1.6k = $35,200

BHR 58: $7-900 = $36,000

458: $8-12k = $48,000

558 Yellow: $15-18k = $54,000

558 Green: $18-20k = $20,000

558 Rose: $15-18k = $18,000

My collection is worth a modest $225,000 give or take a few pennies.

I cannot see why, I have a collection of bricks that's worth £400K but I will not show pictures. Plus you might get a little glass eyed after the second brick.

Ah, but you DID show that new door!! And very nice it was, too.

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

How do you say "mythomane" in english ??

Fantasist

—Oscar Wilde

Pretty good price,

As of 8/3/13, prices are as follows;

RHR 58: $3-3.5k = $49,000

RMHR 58: $1.2-1.6k = $35,200

BHR 58: $7-900 = $36,000

458: $8-12k = $48,000

558 Yellow: $15-18k = $54,000

558 Green: $18-20k = $20,000

558 Rose: $15-18k = $18,000

My collection is worth a modest $225,000 give or take a few pennies.

I should not have included my "evaluation", as that was not what is unbelievable. I know a person who owns a coin that he purchased for a little over $550,000 and many coins valued in excess of $100,000 each. The Waterman 58 is a rare pen, so for 75 of them to be in one collection (not including the solid gold overlays), that is a little farfetched/ semi-impossible. You say you have 5 558's, which is approx. the entire population of them. I guess you have your reasons for not showing them, and I will respect your privacy.

Best Regards and Happy Collecting

Vin

—Oscar Wilde