First Omas ... Courtesy Of Chatterley Pens

tanalasta

Well ... after many years I've finally purchased my first OMAS.

Bryant at Pentime/Chatterley had a Summer special on this one. Not yet inked but new in box. Although having a closer look it has probably been tested judging by the smallest amount of turquoise ink inside the pen. I don't mind.

Presenting the Omas 360, vintage turquoise in cotton resin from 2012.

http://www.smugmug.com/photos/i-jqg42kp/0/X3/Omas%20360-6970-X3.jpg

In Rotation: MB 146 (EF), Noodler's Ahab bumblebee, Edison Pearl (F), Sailor ProGear (N-MF)

In storage: MB 149 (18k EF), TWSBI 540 (B), ST Dupont Olympio XL (EF), MB Dumas (B stub), Waterman Preface (ST), Edison Pearl (0.5mm CI), Noodler's Ahab clear, Pilot VP (M), Danitrio Densho (F), Aurora Optima (F), Lamy 2000 (F), Visconti Homo Sapiens (stub)

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• karmakoda

• tanalasta

• Florida Blue

• Chopper88

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations! I love this pen, and have one as well.

Mine also had some ink on the inside, especially noticeable near the upper side of the piston.

I bought my very first Omas October 12, 2012 which is only about 9 months ago. Now I own 24.

Congratulations on your great acquisition. It is a lovely pen. I hope yours bring you as much pleasure as I am having!

Nice presentation! I got a Danitrio, which also had turquoise ink remnants in the convertor...hmm, they must use a special tester ink for all their pens. I hope you enjoy your pen!

Sheen junkie, flex nib enthusiast, and all-around lover of fountain pens...

Congrats on your first OMAS, it is beautiful!

I just bought my first OMAS about two weeks ago and it was a 360 as well. I love using mine and I'm sure you will enjoy yours too.

Parker: Sonnet Flighter, Rialto Red Metallic Laque, IM Chiseled Gunmetal, Latitude Stainless, 45 Black, Duovac Blue Pearl Striped, 51 Standard Black, Vac Jr. Black, 51 Aero Black, 51 Vac Blue Cedar, Duofold Jr. Lapis, 51 Aero Demi Black, 51 Aero Demi Teal, 51 Aero Navy Gray, Duofold Pastel Moire Violet, Vac Major Golden Brown, Vac Deb. Emerald, 51 Vac Dove Gray, Vac Major Azure, Vac Jr. Silver Pearl, 51 Vac Black GF Cap, 51 Forest Green GF cap, Vac Jr. Silver Pearl, Duovac Senior Green & Gold, Duovac Deb. Black, Challenger Black, 51 Aero Midnight, Vac. Emerald Jr., Challenger Gray Pearl, 51 Vac Black, Duofold Int. Black, Duofold Jr. Red.

If I ever have an Omas 360, that would be the one! Beautiful, Congrats!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

One of the great pens, from an excellent Seller. Congratulations!

Very nice collection, tanalasta, a group shot would be informative.

I saw this pen a few months ago at the Fountain Pen Hospital, as well as the Red Vintage. Beautiful.

congrtats on your first old style 360 which won't be the last :thumbup:

Edited by georges zaslavsky

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

Congratulations on your first Omas- it certainly won't be your last!!!

Wait till you see the red version of this pen, and also the blue cotton resin version with gold trim also......

Edited by bmwboris

fpn_1374089909__.jpg

What a beautiful turquoise 360 pen and a good interpretation of simplicity. The B nib turquoise writes smoothly however it is a pity of QC that you can see the defect coatings on the greek band. The clip is also elegant and probably the most beautiful in my opinion.

Edited by mjchuang9

Hmm this is the first time I've seen such an error with Omas' QC...

I would've sent this back or off to Omas to be honest.

Initial thoughts ... after having used it at work extensively.

It's a beautiful, expressive writer. The nib is on the wetter side of norm, which perhaps is similar to that noted by FPGEEKS review of the pen (easily found on Google). Purchased from Bry, that's no surprise as he's also fond of the wet nibs! The nib is soft but I wouldn't go so far as to deliberately flex it. I learnt the hard way with another (expensive) pen!

Triangular section works. I have no issue with it and normally hold the pen that way.

Late night, group photograph done impromptu so not up to my usual photographic standards. A rather random assortment of European pens!

http://www.smugmug.com/photos/i-zPKSnXJ/0/X3/Omas360-6973-X3.jpg

Edited by tanalasta

In Rotation: MB 146 (EF), Noodler's Ahab bumblebee, Edison Pearl (F), Sailor ProGear (N-MF)

In storage: MB 149 (18k EF), TWSBI 540 (B), ST Dupont Olympio XL (EF), MB Dumas (B stub), Waterman Preface (ST), Edison Pearl (0.5mm CI), Noodler's Ahab clear, Pilot VP (M), Danitrio Densho (F), Aurora Optima (F), Lamy 2000 (F), Visconti Homo Sapiens (stub)

Wonderful photo, such an admirable collection, the 360 is a star in outstanding company!

This is my favorite type of photo, thank you for sharing.

Lovely pen. I'm keen to get more too - they write so well.

I bought my first a few months back, and now I have four. Only thing is - all four of mine have a Senna 'S' on them......... ;) I must diversify! :)

http://www.aysedasi.co.uk

She turned me into a newt.......

It's a beautiful, expressive writer. The nib is on the wetter side of norm, which perhaps is similar to that noted by FPGEEKS review of the pen (easily found on Google). Purchased from Bry, that's no surprise as he's also fond of the wet nibs! The nib is soft but I wouldn't go so far as to deliberately flex it. I learnt the hard way with another (expensive) pen!

I've read that about OMAS nibs. They are wet writers and the 18kt nibs tend to be soft and springy. My 360 (the redesigned version) has a very wet nib.

By the way, you have a great little collection. Especially your burgundy Optima!

Parker: Sonnet Flighter, Rialto Red Metallic Laque, IM Chiseled Gunmetal, Latitude Stainless, 45 Black, Duovac Blue Pearl Striped, 51 Standard Black, Vac Jr. Black, 51 Aero Black, 51 Vac Blue Cedar, Duofold Jr. Lapis, 51 Aero Demi Black, 51 Aero Demi Teal, 51 Aero Navy Gray, Duofold Pastel Moire Violet, Vac Major Golden Brown, Vac Deb. Emerald, 51 Vac Dove Gray, Vac Major Azure, Vac Jr. Silver Pearl, 51 Vac Black GF Cap, 51 Forest Green GF cap, Vac Jr. Silver Pearl, Duovac Senior Green & Gold, Duovac Deb. Black, Challenger Black, 51 Aero Midnight, Vac. Emerald Jr., Challenger Gray Pearl, 51 Vac Black, Duofold Int. Black, Duofold Jr. Red.