The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Incompetance Causes Cnc

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 Rich L

Rich L

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 July 2013 - 20:51

Don't be afraid of trying nickel silver. Just pick the right alloy and don't try to go too deep. OK, so which alloy? Try what's called leaded nickel silver (C792) as it machines like 360 brass. You could also try the more conventional alloys like C752 but you just need to be careful.

4D operating at once can be used to make diagonal teardrop patterns on a cylinder. The teardrop shape being generated by changes in Z (depth) while simultaneously moving X and Y and rotating. It's a very pretty effect.

Nice toy!

Cheers,

Rich

Classic Guilloché ------------ www.argentblue.com ------------Damascus Steel

Sponsored Content

#22 richardandtracy

richardandtracy

Ancient Artifact

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,687 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 July 2013 - 07:18

I have been having problems with what I thought was the tool working its way out of the collet. It appears I was wrong. Electrical interference from the spindle has been triggering the Z axis stepper motor to step. The slower the spindle, the faster the Z axis lowered. It appears I shall have to use shielded cable for the spindle & stepper motors. Oh what fun.

Regards,

Richard.

Sponsored Content

|