Would You Wear Your Favourite Ink?

senzen

I just bought a Patagonia jacket, the colour in person reminded me of a 10,000 Watt version of Iroshizuku Tsuyu Kusa, which I love... The jacket is way too bright for me to even think of wearing it (to cut a long story short I buy stuff in the US which eventually gets to me in Mexico, so I depend on colours being well reflected online, which is obviously not the case), but this got me thinking that ink brands could license their colours to specific outlets, say Muji, who could produce t-shirts, backpacks and the like to specific inks. While an electric Tsuyu Kusa wouldn't work for me I'm thinking Yama Guri would? Any thoughts?

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

B. Russell

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• senzen

• inkstainedruth

• Plume145

• EnviroDAWG2

My favourite colour is pink. And yes, I wear it quite often (although the colour that shows up in my wardrobe the most is white or black).

However, my favourite ink is J Herbin's Encre Violette because of its scent. The colour isn't really my favourite.

Would I wear the scent? Of course.

Tes rires retroussés comme à son bord la rose,

Effacent mon dépit de ta métamorphose;

Tu t'éveilles, alors le rêve est oublié.

-Jean Cocteau, from Plaint-Chant, 1923

I painted my office walls Cacao du Brésil grey. So, yes.

Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.

mmm, let's see, I have several favorite inks, so:

- my go-to standard that I use when I can't be bothered to decide is Herbin Bleu Nuit. So, like a navy blue color in clothing. And yes, I would wear that - I have, I get compliments in it, and in any case it's pretty wearable.

- other favorite ink, for accents but sometimes for writing too: Sailor Jentle in Apricot. so, like a bright, sunny orange. Unfortunately, I don't think I could pull that off! I look like (bleep) in orange. Most super-brights really :P.

- Pilot Iroshizuku Murasaki-Shikibu ...hmm, this one's trickier. I think it'd really depend on the garment (what it is, ie top, dress, bottoms, accessory such as scarf or shoes, etc, as well as the cut) and it would also depend on the fabric, particularly how well it replicated the color. Purple is one of my favorite-to-look-at colors (second only to green), but when it comes to wearing it, I can look anywhere from great to godawful in it :P I'm pretty sure I could wear it as a silk(y) scarf though!

Other than that, I wear jewel colors, colors found in natural landscapes (earth colors, but also the colors you see on flowers and animals) and neutrals like white or black. They're the ones I like to see on myself, and the ones I get the most positive feedback for. Super-brights (including neon) not so much - maybe it works, maybe it doesn't - and pastels, no way. I really don't like them on me. I think I'd be in hell in the Fifities! hehe

Edited by Plume145

I'm not affiliated with ANY of the brands/retailers/shops/ebay sellers/whatever I mention or recommend. If that ever changes, I will let you know :)

Looking for a cheap Pilot VP/Capless - willing to put up with lots of cosmetic damage.

We get quite a bit of rain here. Coincidentally, one of my waterproof jackets is almost the same colour as Salamander.

By an even stranger twist of fate, I have a pet salamander that is the same colour as Shocking Blue. How bizarre!

Or was it spillage?

Or alcohol - I don't have any pets.

Well, none that the dictionary would define as such.

But I digress.

The Good Captain

"Meddler's 'Salamander' - almost as good as the real thing!"

I have Iroshizuku Chiku-rin on one of my bedroom walls and a lighter shade of Ina-ho on the rest. So very, very calm.

I am a peaceful bamboo forest, or... Something.

Interesting... I am one of those people who doesn't like to think too much about clothes, so I go for formality or classics... Or boring depending on your view; shirts can be any colour as long as they are white or light blue... But since I decided on a cold weather jacket I thought "no more black!" hence the aforementioned disaster... But a notebook cover in Vert Empire... An eyeglasses case in Edelstein Mandarin so I don't lose them (again)... A phone cover in Tsuyu Kusa... A suitcase in Königsblau...

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

B. Russell

Hmm. My favorite ink is Kung Te Cheng, but undiluted I think it would be a bit too dark against my skin tone.

Ironically, I was doing some shopping this afternoon, and saw a purple mini-van, and immediately thought "Now what color ink would match that?"

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

My favourite ink is Waterman Purple and I wear purple shirts and ties to go with a Mod style navy blue suit.

Long reign the House of Belmont.

I frequently wear my favourite inks - all over my fingers

Pens and paper everywhere, yet all our hearts did sink,

Pens and paper everywhere, but not a drop of ink.

"Cursive writing does not mean what I think it does"

Absolutely!

My favorite color, both in ink and just about everything else, is purple. My wardrobe contains a various shades of purple, plus a lot of black, so that I can mix and match just about everything.

Now, I would be so happy if I can get a nice top in the color of Pousierre de Lune...

You're tempting me to dye my clothes with fountain pen ink. :P

Hmm, I think Noodler's BSIAR would make an elegant evening dress. But I'd guess I'd have to pick a bulletproof color if I don't want it to wash out...

Sheen junkie, flex nib enthusiast, and all-around lover of fountain pens...

I frequently wear my favourite inks - all over my fingers

Well, I did spend a day last summer wearing Diamine Registrars Blue Black all over my face... But I would *not* say that was my favorite color (or ink, for that matter) by any stretch of the imagaination. :(

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

It sounds crazy, but I realized I have mineral eye shadows that correspond to some of my favorite fountain pen ink colors. To give an example: last Saturday I wore a greenish brown that reminds me of Sailor Rikyu-cha.

"Luxe, calme et volupte"

While Iroshizuku Yama-Budo isn't my favorite color, I did just buy a plaid shirt at Target, whose primary color is just about a perfect match. A pen was inked with YB at the time and my first reaction on seeing the shirt was, "That's Yama-Budo."

Generally I tend to dress in black and moderate colors, while my inky leanings are exactly the reverse--although I suppose there is likely some crossover between some of my inks and t-shirt colors.

"The Great Roe is a mythological beast with the head of a lion and the body of a lion, but not the same lion."

My Personal Blog | My Creative Writing Blog | My Heraldry Designs

http://dcroe05.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/crestdr.png?w=100

Yes - bought a pencil skirt in Iroshizuku Fuyu-gaki and a short in Iroshizuku Tsuki-yo.

But mostly my wardrobe is Noodler's Black.

etherX in To Miasto

Fleekair <--French accent.

I think Asa-Gao would be a tad bright for folks near me not wearing proper eye protection.

And BSB would blind everybody!

But, yeah, I'd rock it.

- OPG4711

Yeah, although the opposite is not true, I like pink shirts and light green shirts but would never use those as inks because they're far to light for legibility.

My favourite colour for decades was blue, though I never liked it for ink. Then I discovered Sailor Waka-uguisu, and my descent into yellowish-greens began, and now everything has to be yellowish-green (pen wrap, cushions, celery Pantone mug 585, Chiyogami paper, washi tape...). But green doesn't particularly suit me, and so I still wear a lot of blue.

Right now? Wearing a shirt that's Noodler's Whiteness of the Whale, with tiny flowers in Bleu pervenche, edged in Bleu myosotis and on stalks of Bleu nuit. And a balsamic vinegar stain that's a kind of Café des Îles after several washes.