The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Rotring 600 Visual Guide

rotring

• Please log in to reply
121 replies to this topic

#121 kevanf1

kevanf1

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 September 2017 - 12:57

May I make an enquiry?  I have one of the newer Parker Facet Triopens that are based on the original Rotring 600 or perhaps Newton?  Forgive me if I have wrong.  All I would like to know is how do I replace the refills in the Trio style pen.  I understand that they are D1 refills.  Do they unscrew?  What about the pencil section?  Is that a disposable item or is it refilled with standard MP leads?  

I will say that these new Parker incarnations of the original Rotring are not of very good quality at all.  What on earth is going on with Parker these days?

Sponsored Content

#122 levyg

levyg

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 00:45

Thanks to yr guide, Ive understood that what I purchased on ebay as a (used) Rotring 600 fountain pen is actually a Rotring Newton (with a Fine steel nib)

My problem is that I have not been able to get this pen to write fluently. Ive flushed it, aligned the tines, run brass shim stock between the tines, etc. but the pen remains a stingy, skippy, dry writer.

Someone told me that the nibs on these pens can be removed and replaced in the same way (and as easily) as the nibs on Lamy pens. Is this true?

Im hoping that installing a broader nib (a stub italic, for example) will make this pen a better writer.

Thanks for any light you can shed !

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: rotring

Sponsored Content

|