The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

M150 Too Wet, Seeking Nib Modification Tips

m150 too wet nib

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 frotz

frotz

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 16:52

I have an M150 that I've had for a few years that has always written rather wet.  I stopped caring about that for a while after I got a nice Esterbrook, but that pen will be going in for repair soon and I want to get the Pelikan working the way I want.  So, would someone please point out some resource for manipulating Pelikan nibs in particular?  I think this one needs to have its feed set back a little more.

Sponsored Content

#2 Indy_Pen_Dance

Indy_Pen_Dance

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 July 2013 - 18:33

Do you have the capability of posting photos?  That would help us tell you if the feed looks appropriately positioned.  As for how to reduce the flow on a nib, Richard Binder has written this up and you should be able to do so by following his directions.  These can be found in the "Pen Doctor" articles on his website at Richardspens.com - but be careful when you are doing this as you don't want to push the nib to far and get it to a point it doesn't write at all!

Best of Luck!!!!

Linda

#3 frotz

frotz

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 19:42

I can post photos, but not macro shots of the kind to properly show you my pen's nib.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: m150, too wet, nib

Sponsored Content

|