• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• The Good Captain

• doggonecarl

• Hutecker

Does look light. But I like the shading. And it's water resistant. Two qualities I like in an ink. Too bad it's not distributed in the US.

O really? I didn't even know that haha. All the grocery stores here in germany carry it :P I didn't like it at first but its growing on me.

If I could only ever have just the one ink, this would be it. It is the one that I would suggest everybody tries at least once - even if it means buying it from 'abroad' as it were. And it works a treat on Moleskine paper, especially in a nib that's not too wide.

Fabulous stuff.

The Good Captain

"Meddler's 'Salamander' - almost as good as the real thing!"

This is the ink I use for everyday business use. It behaves quite well on many types of paper without attracting attention to itself.

Cheers - Nicholas

I snagged a bottle of this a while back, but didn't get around to trying it 'til last week, when my new Binderized Pelikan arrived. I've really been enjoying it. Perhaps it's the pen, but mine does dry darker than in the pictures here. I've even managed to glimpse a faint bit of sheen.

I was fortunate to acquire a bottle of this a couple of years ago, and it's a terrific blue-black. Mates very well with wetter writers like Pelikans. Works well with all types of paper as well. Thanks for the review!

This is the ink I use for everyday business use. It behaves quite well on many types of paper without attracting attention to itself.

That's the role Rohrer & Klingner Salix plays in my ink collection, great on every paper I've written on. Still wish I had Pelikan Blue-Black. I keep thinking one day I'm going to walk into a pen or stationery store and find some forgotten bottle on the shelf.

Maybe my next Cult Pens order...

• 1 month later...

I'm using this ink to test all my new pens but in the past I've rarely used it for actual writing. But these days I like it more and more. A bread-and-butter ink. Also, in Germany this stuff matches bread and butter in terms of availability and pricing :)

This was my first ink, a half liter bottle I bought 25 years ago! I still use it frequently and like it quite a lot.

This was my first ink, a half liter bottle I bought 25 years ago! I still use it frequently and like it quite a lot.

The same, 25-year-old 500 ml bottle?! I wonder if I will still use any of my bottles in 25 years time.... :)

I am no longer very active on FPN but feel free to message me. Or send me a postal letter!

I love this ink. My main ink for correspondence. I bought from an online Pel dealer from Wales, known well enough around here. We don't pay VAT or sales tax, which offsets the shipping charge so I don't think the price is too much difference even ordering it from abroad.

I'm impressed. My Pelikan inks were the ones to get chunky and icky.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

O really? I didn't even know that haha. All the grocery stores here in germany carry it :P I didn't like it at first but its growing on me.

post-7078-0-31302400-1378022145.jpg

If I could only ever have just the one ink, this would be it. It is the one that I would suggest everybody tries at least once - even if it means buying it from 'abroad' as it were. And it works a treat on Moleskine paper, especially in a nib that's not too wide.

Fabulous stuff.

Tell me you have seen Red Dwarf....

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Tell me you have seen Red Dwarf....

...actually, no. I didn't find it amusing whatsoever, especially when it was first on TV in the 80s. I have some pretty weird tastes in comedy but that wasn't one of them.

The Good Captain

"Meddler's 'Salamander' - almost as good as the real thing!"

...actually, no. I didn't find it amusing whatsoever, especially when it was first on TV in the 80s. I have some pretty weird tastes in comedy but that wasn't one of them.

Oh... I'm so sad. If you get a chance, just look at Season 1, Episode 2. Cat is told he can't bring his racks of clothes, just 3 suits. Otherwise he would be left to die. Cat replies in all earnestness, "three suits is dead". I sometimes feel that way about ink.

Just ordered some of this online sight unseen...looks like I did OK. This may become a standard for me next to Noodler's Heart of Darkness.

Cheers!

John

This is more grey than blueish, indeed...

Ditto. I find it okay but not fabulous. There are so many "other" b-bs out there that the competion has become quite stiff. I'd buy it (very inexpensive and has very good maintenancve) but I already have it and prefer 10-12 "other" b-bs.

Mike

Life is too short to drink bad wine (Goethe)