• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Crashspeeder

• inotrym

• kenmc

• terminal

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A strange effect of this pen is that it seems to write with a very faded line. My black inks look very grey and somewhat "soft" around the edges rather than well defined. My blue ink seems lighter too.

I am experiencing the same issue with my new Invincia.

I really want to like this pen more than I do, but the faded ink output kinda dulls my enthusiasm. I even switched from Noodlers to Quink to see if that helped. It did, but not as much as I had hoped.

I haven't experienced some of the other issues you bring up, but one thing I did notice on mine is that the clip seems to be lopsided. It looks like it's mounted straight on the cap, but the ball at the end is not centered with the top of the clip. A small annoyance, but one I can't seem to let drop.

Still, everything else about the pen is likable and I'm generally happy with it. For the price I paid, it's a good pen, it's just not going into the "outstanding" category.

Conan the Grammarian

“No place is boring, if you've had a good night's sleep and have a pocket full of unexposed film.” ~ Robert Adams

“Aerodynamics are for people who can’t build engines” ~ Enzo Ferrari

Cogito ergo spud. [i think therefore I yam.]

• 7 months later...

I have the black color fusion version of this and like it quite a lot. I got a sample of Noodler's "heart of darkness" (seemed appropriate) and it was a great pairing. Back to using my Cross ink now though, and it works well and dark. I have not had any paint chip, and have had the pen since Christmas of 2012. Then again, my pens live a luxury life it has not been used daily for math exams etc. Sits in my pocket at the office, and used far less often than my Lamy or Parker. The only downside I find to it is that it won't fit in a shirt pocket with a "pen sleeve".

I also have the converter that threads into the section. One of my favorite features, though mine came fully assembled, and it was pretty confusing trying to get the converter out the first time!

If you run into the "loose converter" problem with the non-threaded converter (of course), contact Monteverde/Yafa and make arrangements to send it back for a repair. There was no charge, other than my shipping to them, for this repair.

It seems that there was a defective mold (or such) which dous not allow the converter to seat properly. When you send it to them, they fix it and return it to you. I had that problem, returned it to them and got it back in about two weeks (YMMV) and have been very happy ever since.

I think the contact, if you call, is Clara.

Good luck.

-S-

P.S. I have two Cold Fusion Invincia FP (a fine and a 1.1 stub) and an inkball pen also. Very happy with all three.

“Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today, because if you do it today and like it, you can do again tomorrow!”

• 10 months later...

Just got this pen yesterday. Bought it used on FleaBay. Could not resist the price. Posts well. Writes nice. Tends to start a little slow. But of all my pens with "fine" nibs, this one is clearly the thinnest. It is okay, and I want to write with it for a few weeks, but I am leaning toward picking up a medium nib. Otherwise, I could not be happier with my purchase.

I also purchased this as my first fountain pen. One thing to note is that they redesigned the pen so the posting issue and the seating of the converter is fixed. The pen does however still skip on occasion for me like in the OPs review

Yes, I thought that too. That's why I'm not all that into "stealthy" pens.

I like the looks though. I would consider a rosegold invincia. Or maybe the deluxe version.

Now, if only someone could give us a writing sample of the 1.1 nib.... I would love to make this a "signing" pen!

I own both the Rose Gold Invincia and one of these Stealth pens. Both of them have only been inked once and then never used again. The issues the reviewer was having with lack of smoothness and railroading are endemic with both pens. I'll be clear on this, these pens are relatively cheap, but the problem is the Lamy Alstar is even cheaper and they are a much smoother and more thoroughly enjoyable writing experience. The Lamy Fine nib is smoother then my Monteverde Medium, Broad and Italic Nibs. I originally purchased the Rose gold with a Fine and it was very scratchy, I thought that it was par for the course with a fine nib, so I went and ordered M-Italic Nibs from the Goulet's Swapping the nib did not make the experience better. These pens are now uninked and will remain that way until I feel the need to invest time into fixing the Nibs. I wouldn't be a good patron of this board if I didn't make you aware of the issues that I have had with both of these pens. Even if your goal is to just use it as a signature piece, I don't think its fit for this purpose out of the box.

You commit yourself to such a level where there is no compromise. You give everything you have, everything, absolutely everything. - Senna

I want to convey the fine line between passion and violence. I've got so much wickedness and sin, No, it wont be long until your break, Because I'm evil - Bat for Lashes

Wow, thanks! It's been quite a while since that conversation, but I haven't bought this pen yet.

It's still into my "oh,cool,I'd like to have it" list along with the Regatta, but if Monteverde nibs tend to be more problematic than not, I think I'll have to stay away. (Unfortunately I don't have any experience with nib tuning and I am too scared I'll mess things up.)

The 1.1 nibs of MV and Conklin are the same. I have seven and all of them write perfect! The only pens I have that write better is my Franklin Christophs. Just saying. I choose one yesterday that I hadn't used in a month and it wrote at first stroke and didn't skip in a letter size of writing.

Ken McDaniel

<")}}}>><(

Wow, thanks! It's been quite a while since that conversation, but I haven't bought this pen yet.

It's still into my "oh,cool,I'd like to have it" list along with the Regatta, but if Monteverde nibs tend to be more problematic than not, I think I'll have to stay away. (Unfortunately I don't have any experience with nib tuning and I am too scared I'll mess things up.)

I would suggest a Prima. Edited by kenmc

Ken McDaniel

<")}}}>><(

I developed a tendency to avoid plastic pens after stepping on my beloved Prera. The additional weight fits my hand better too.

Thanks for the suggestion though. Those color swirls are indeed eye candy. :)