The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

New Pelikan Pickiness: M 1000 Medium Nib Almost Perfect, But...

m1000 medium nib slight skipping

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Jackson

Jackson

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 July 2013 - 22:01

Spoiled brat alert: my new M1000, medium nib provides all these delightments...thick, nicely balanced solid heft for my big, thick-fingered hand...a soft yet responsive slightly springy nib...that lays down a precise, silken, wet line.  Bliss.  

BUT, 5% of the time, it skips for just a stroke or two, both up and down. This happens mostly on the slickest paper surfaces (Clarefontaine, Rhodia Premium, Maruman Mnemosyne) but also on Black 'n Red, Exacompta FAF, and even TWSBI notebooks.  Pelikan Blue-Black ink is most prone to cause this skippage, then Noodler's BP Black, then Diamine Green-Black.  

I've flushed, I've flossed, and I've fussed over every nook and Souverän cranny...any insights from the wise heads on FPN...?  It's like meeting a new lover who is SO close to your ideal that you spend all your time and energy obsessing about how to 'get there'...  (That's the spoiled brat part...)

Sponsored Content

#2 Jackson

Jackson

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 July 2013 - 22:02

PS--loupe examination shows no misalignment nor any other nib anomalies.

#3 Mox

Mox

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 22:06

When my Sheaffer Legacy skipped intermittently, I tried the Iroshizuku ink. I have  a whole bunch of them & I tried the fuyu-gaki. Skipping was resolved completely. None at all. If that had not worked, I had planned to send it to Mike Masuyama for a tune up.

#4 Jackson

Jackson

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 July 2013 - 18:18

Thanks, Mox--a fine excuse for me to order some Iroshizuku, finally...!    ; )

#5 georges zaslavsky

georges zaslavsky

vintageandmodernpenslover

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,078 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 July 2013 - 14:59

Never had a single mishaps with any of my pel m1000s  with any ink  

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: m1000, medium nib, slight skipping

Sponsored Content

|