The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Goulet Nibs And Twsbi Micarta

twsbi goulet micarta

3 replies to this topic

#1 ravantra

ravantra

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 July 2013 - 02:18

I was wondering if anyone has tried one of the new Goulet #6 nibs in a TWSBI Micarta. I am thinking of ordering a new 1.1 stub for my quite dry M nib on my Micarta. Anyone have any issues with this combination. 

Thanks all.

Change is not mandatory, Survival is not required.

Sponsored Content

#2 Uncle Red

Uncle Red

Museum Piece

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,585 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 July 2013 - 15:02

If you have the old style Micarta then there were several threads that showed the Jowo #6 (the ones the Goulets carry) does not fit your pen. I haven't heard anything about the new model.

#3 ravantra

ravantra

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 July 2013 - 17:06

Older model. Oh well too bad. Thanks Uncle Red.

Change is not mandatory, Survival is not required.

#4 schrammr53

schrammr53

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 September 2014 - 00:36

I just did exactly that; purchased a #6 Goulet 1.1 stub nib and inserted it in the Micarta section.  Was my first time, so I had to learn to rotate the nib around in the section (sans feed) to find the groove/slot where it fits best.  sbrebrown has a couple youtube videos showing him changing the nib on a Micarta.

results; i thought it was lovely, although a bit skippy, which i would attribute to my inexperience.  At first it was wet like a firehose, then settled down a little.  I really liked it. Hard to explain that it was hard to start sometimes, then really wet.  Also maybe my inexperience with stub vs. obliques which work great for me.

RJ

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: twsbi, goulet, micarta

Sponsored Content

|