Ink Recommendations For M205 Demonstrator?

lahlahlaw

Hi everyone,

I've got a M205 clear demonstrator coming in the mail and I'm wondering what Blue inks have been tried and tested as not causing stains.

I've read that Waterman Florida Blue is a good one, any others? I've been using blue-black so now I want a bright blue....

Thanks!

@arts_nibs

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lahlahlaw

• Pennata Penna

• sargetalon

• FountainPenCowgirl

Definitely not Sailor Seiboku, unless you like baby blue ish section. All iroshizuku are safe, including Pilot black. Edelstein tanzanite was fine as well. Pretty much everything except anything bulletproof.

Edit: Ama-iro will knock your socks off.

Tony

Edited by Pennata Penna

Pie pellicane Iesu Domine, me immundum munda tuo Sanguine – St Thomas Aquinas

"ON THE PLEASURE OF TAKING UP ONE'S PEN", Hilaire Belloc

Definitely not Sailor Seiboku, unless you like baby blue ish section. All iroshizuku are safe, including Pilot black. Edelstein tanzanite was fine as well. Pretty much everything except anything bulletproof.

Edit: Ama-iro will knock your socks off.

Tony

Thank you Tony,

Yes, the Sailor is a bit darker than I want to use in this pen, I'm using Diamine Blue-Black in my rotation and this one is somewhat similar.

The Ama-iro is a nice color, but probably too light for a business setting (and pricey!)

@arts_nibs

I have been using Noodler's Eel Blue in my TWSBI Diamond 540. It flows well and writes a rich, blue

line. The piston moves easily. The ink flushes out of the pen cleanly. It is really pretty, with the light

shining through the crystal barrel.

Auf freiem Grund mit freiem Volke stehn.
Zum Augenblicke dürft ich sagen:
Verweile doch, du bist so schön !

I can vouch for waterman's and Iroshizuku being safe.

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

My favorite blue also happens to be glorious in another demonstrator: PR Naples Blue. A warmish medium blue that I love more with every use. I especially like the pinkish red sheen - a very three-dimensional effect (new to fountain pens. Still working one my vocabulary.).

I have been using Noodler's Eel Blue in my TWSBI Diamond 540. It flows well and writes a rich, blue

line. The piston moves easily. The ink flushes out of the pen cleanly. It is really pretty, with the light

shining through the crystal barrel.

My favorite blue also happens to be glorious in another demonstrator: PR Naples Blue. A warmish medium blue that I love more with every use. I especially like the pinkish red sheen - a very three-dimensional effect (new to fountain pens. Still working one my vocabulary.).

Wow! These two are very similar! They appear to shade somewhat as well :) Why do we have so many choices :wallbash:

@arts_nibs

I have used Quink Blue in two demonstrators I have (Pelikan 800 and Parker 51) with no problems.

I liked Iroshizuku Yama-budo in mine. It flexed just enough to show the shading. But I'm disappointed that it stained a few sections of the barrel.

Now I'm using Noodler's Saguaro Wine.

Proud resident of the least visited state in the nation!

Gotta make sure the stain is in the barrel. Iroshizuku or any other ink could have stained the piston lubricant, which can be cleaned and reapplied. I had thought Edelstein did that as well, but a quick dip in the ultrasonic cleaner all was good.

Sailor nano otoh, wasn't too bad on the protected barrel but left a blue tone on the unlubed section. I tried everything, including bleach, which knocked out the factory silicone grease but not the blue tinge. Not that bad, but it's there. Hth.

Tony Rex

Pie pellicane Iesu Domine, me immundum munda tuo Sanguine – St Thomas Aquinas

"ON THE PLEASURE OF TAKING UP ONE'S PEN", Hilaire Belloc

Gotta make sure the stain is in the barrel. Iroshizuku or any other ink could have stained the piston lubricant, which can be cleaned and reapplied. I had thought Edelstein did that as well, but a quick dip in the ultrasonic cleaner all was good.

Sailor nano otoh, wasn't too bad on the protected barrel but left a blue tone on the unlubed section. I tried everything, including bleach, which knocked out the factory silicone grease but not the blue tinge. Not that bad, but it's there. Hth.

Tony Rex

Boy, I'm starting to think that its better to decide what group of colors (i.e. stick to blues) I will use throughout the pens life, so that there won't be much contrast even if I do stain it.

@arts_nibs

Well, picked up a bottle of Edelstein (not Edelstain!) Topaz. Very fitting for a Pelikan pen to use Pelikan Ink! ;) http://officesupplygeek.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/Pelikan-Edelstein-Topaz-Bottle-Open-1024x768.jpg

@arts_nibs

Personally I am big fan of the J. Herbin 1670 Ocean Bleu. I have run this through several of my demonstrators and it even does well in the demonstrator Ahabs (which have a very absorbent plastic interior) as well. One ink never to use in a demonstrator is the 1670 Rouge Hematite. This one is a beautiful ink, but will insta-stain almost all clear plastics.

-=Liam

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Stay away from red and purple/violet inks.

Noodlers and Private Reserve inks have a reputation of staining...I'm sure there are some that don't, it's your pen.

Some Diamine inks have that reputation with a couple of their inks. Grape well it's purple.

I have to be careful in most of my pens are piston pens with windows. .

Pelikan 4001, Edelstine, MB, Herbin, Waterman...I'd put R&K inks in a demonstrator too. Aurora.

I'd think but you'd have to look up, DA.- De Atramentis but should be ok too. Visconti I've not tried.

There is a fine Ink Review section....and look at reviews by Sandy.

Edited by Bo Bo Olson

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

A bit off topic, as it is no blue, but if you consider to write and mark at the same time again in the future,and don't like the highlighter ink, use J. Herbin indic orange. Bright, not too offensive, and it don't stain...and look fantastic inside that yellow demonstrator

Going back to blues, Mont Blanc Royal Blue did not stain my Duos plastic, nor the lubricant.

Edited by scratchofapen

I am currently using Pilot Iroshizuku Kon-peki in my M205 Demonstrator. Very nice combination!

I'm a big fan of the ink formerly known as Waterman SSB. I'm not sure what it's called now, but supposedly the formula is unchanged. Herbin Bleu Pervenche and Kon Peki are nice and bright too, as is Edelstein Topaz.

• 4 months later...

I have used some different blue inks in my 205 Pelikan demonstrator and got no problems until I used Edelstein Sapphire. Now the inside of the pen looks sticky and it does not help to rinse it. What can I do to clean it?

I've used Diamine Asa Blue in mine which looks really flashy in the pen. It is a pretty bright blue on the page, perhaps too brtight for some, but I really like it.

I have also used Diamine Matador, another ink that really shows off the attibutes of a demonstrator and compliments the gold furniture very nicely. Using these very dramatic colors in your demonstrator be prepared for comments and compliments from those who are around you, the demo with a bright colored ink is an attention getter.