The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Fountain Pen Photo Shoot

pilot myu pilot capless iroshizuku twsbi montblanc 149 pilot custom waterman carene nakaya vanishing point bs-500

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Pennbloggen

Pennbloggen

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:58

My friend John is a photographer and asked me if he could borrow a few fountain pens to shoot for his portfolio. I think he did a great job.

20%20-%20Pennor0564.jpg

Pilot Capless, TWSBI Diamond 540, Iroshizuku Tsuki-yo ink, Pilot Custom, Pilot MYU BS-500.

20%20-%20Pennor0531.jpg

Montblanc Meisterstück 149, Waterman Carène, custom Nakaya, Iroshizuku Chiku-rin and Tsutsuji ink.

Photos taken from my blog post. (Translated with Google.)

Pennbloggen.com – A blog on fountain pens and writing by hand. (English translation available)

Sponsored Content

#2 ParkerNT

ParkerNT

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 July 2013 - 12:04

Beautiful!  Would you mind if this made its way to a desktop background in the near future?

ParkerNT

#3 OcalaFlGuy

OcalaFlGuy

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,113 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 July 2013 - 12:35

I'm not overly enamored with the magic floating pen idea...

To each his own.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

#4 MisterBoll

MisterBoll

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,730 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 18:24

Great photos............er.......................correction after looking at John's photo blog...........

AMAZING photos.

#5 Mox

Mox

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 16:19

Wow, see pens are indeed cool!!

#6 Paddler

Paddler

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,085 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 July 2013 - 16:32

Not good if he is trying to show off the pens.  They don't contrast with the background. It is OK if he is trying to set an artsy mood.

Can a calculator understand a cash register?

#7 usk15

usk15

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 1,573 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 July 2013 - 19:34

lovely! link to your friend portfolio ?

#8 elysee

elysee

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 1,502 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 July 2013 - 05:01

Nice pictures!

#9 rudyhou

rudyhou

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 1,668 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 July 2013 - 04:52

VERY NICEEE  :thumbup:

-rudy-

#10 attika89

attika89

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 1,662 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 July 2013 - 07:00

Beautiful photos on John's page as well!!! :thumbup:

I don't know if its just me, but I would prefer these if they were both cut into 2 photos.

There is not enough connection between the two sides for me. But again it is just me.

Each side would be (and already is) a wonderful photo on their own.

#11 BrandonA

BrandonA

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,861 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 July 2013 - 09:16

Beautiful photos on John's page as well!!! :thumbup:

I don't know if its just me, but I would prefer these if they were both cut into 2 photos.

There is not enough connection between the two sides for me. But again it is just me.

Each side would be (and already is) a wonderful photo on their own.

I tend to agree.

I think the issue is with the pens provided and not the photography.  By that I mean the pens are random with a multitude of colours, shapes and brands.  If you're going to photograph pens together I think they need to match is some way, preferable the same brand and product range.

My favourite photos are of one pen and one bottle, this way you can get a more close up shot and show off the characteristics of the pens.

My Collection: Montblanc Writers Edition: Hemingway, Christie, Wilde, Voltaire, Dumas, Dostoevsky, Poe, Proust, Schiller, Dickens, Fitzgerald (set), Verne, Kafka, Cervantes, Woolf, Faulkner, Shaw, Mann, Twain, Collodi, Swift, Balzac, Defoe, Tolstoy, Shakespeare, Saint-Exupery, Homer & Kipling. Montblanc Einstein (3,000) FP. Montblanc Heritage 1912 Resin FP. Montblanc Starwalker Resin: FP/BP/MP. Montblanc Traveller FP.

#12 Gloucesterman

Gloucesterman

Transformation Coach

• Member - Gold

• 2,344 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 July 2013 - 11:00

Not good if he is trying to show off the pens.  They don't contrast with the background. It is OK if he is trying to set an artsy mood.

My first response to the pictures was very positive. After the comments from Paddler & OcalaGuy, I would tend to agree with their responses.

My first impressions are positive because of the nice arrangement of shapes and colors, and of course the pens. If, however I wanted to display the pens for more emphasis on the pens themselves, the background definitely inhibits and detracts from the elegance of the pens.

Just my .02 worth.

“Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today, because if you do it today and like it, you can do again tomorrow!”

#13 mikhasan

mikhasan

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 July 2013 - 01:24

My friend John is a photographer and asked me if he could borrow a few fountain pens to shoot for his portfolio. I think he did a great job.

20%20-%20Pennor0564.jpg

Pilot Capless, TWSBI Diamond 540, Iroshizuku Tsuki-yo ink, Pilot Custom, Pilot MYU BS-500.

20%20-%20Pennor0531.jpg

Montblanc Meisterstück 149, Waterman Carène, custom Nakaya, Iroshizuku Chiku-rin and Tsutsuji ink.

Photos taken from my blog post. (Translated with Google.)

Oooh, the custom Nakaya looks very nice.

#14 Subscript

Subscript

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 21:14

Very nice

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pilot myu, pilot capless, iroshizuku, twsbi, montblanc 149, pilot custom, waterman carene, nakaya, vanishing point, bs-500

Sponsored Content

|