Cs 100 Going Back Into Production.

tarheel1

Mary Burke emailed me today informing me they are re releasing the cs100. I missed out on the azure 100 that i want so hopefully this time around.

WTB Sheaffer Balance oversized with a flex nib, semi flex, broad, or medium in carmine red or grey striated.

Wtb Sheaffer Pfm in black or blue with a medium or broad nib.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mary Burke

• Ghost Plane

• gee09

• RMN

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, that's good news. The 100 series is a fabulous pen, writes beautifully and is well balanced, and posts deeply and securely. Can't wait to see what colors are offered.

Eeeeeeeeeee hah! that's super great news. Anyone have idea on timing and colros available?

"History Teaches us that men and nations behave wisely once they have exhausted all other alternatives." Abba Eban

"Thank you for your email and interest in the Conway Stewart range.

When you see our advert in Pen World issue, you will notice that we are bringing back the model 100 edition torwards the end of this year."

No news on the color range but i was asking about azure.

WTB Sheaffer Balance oversized with a flex nib, semi flex, broad, or medium in carmine red or grey striated.

Yes!! I was going crazy looking for the last run of Model 100 a couple months ago, which is completely sold out...though I have little hope the prices will be any lower this time (they were quite high, ~$500, as far as I can remember). On a side note, I don't understand why CS can't make the rollerballs at least cheaper than the FPs, like most companies...

hope it will be a piston filled model

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

Now, I would just love it to be a simple lever-filler version, like this one.

fpn_1352214199__cs100_the_conway_stewart

I sent this idea to Christine Care months ago but haven't heard a thing back from her; or anybody. Yet. Ever.

Edited by The Good Captain

The Good Captain

"Meddler's 'Salamander' - almost as good as the real thing!"

Yes!! I was going crazy looking for the last run of Model 100 a couple months ago, which is completely sold out...though I have little hope the prices will be any lower this time (they were quite high, ~$500, as far as I can remember). On a side note, I don't understand why CS can't make the rollerballs at least cheaper than the FPs, like most companies...

Hello,

Our regular edition roller balls are priced below the cost for the fountain pen writing modes.

The reason our limited edition enamel pens are at the same price for both writing modes is because of the cost for the amount of work involved to engrave and hand applied enamel work.

Hello,

Our regular edition roller balls are priced below the cost for the fountain pen writing modes.

The reason our limited edition enamel pens are at the same price for both writing modes is because of the cost for the amount of work involved to engrave and hand applied

Mary, do you know if the CS 100 will be available again as piston fill?

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

Hello,

The reason our limited edition enamel pens are at the same price for both writing modes is because of the cost for the amount of work involved to engrave and hand applied enamel work.

Thank you for clarifying that, Mary. For some reason I thought the regular edition rollerballs were closer to the fountain pen models in price than usual, but I guess I'm confusing them with the limited editions. Of course, they're just as beautiful!

Mary, do you know if the CS 100 will be available again as piston fill?

Hi George,

We are currently working on the colours and filling mechanism options. As soon as we have finalized the new range I will let you know.

Kind regards,

Mary

Hi George,

We are currently working on the colours and filling mechanism options. As soon as we have finalized the new range I will let you know.

Kind regards,

Mary

Very good :thumbup: Many thanks in advance

So exciting

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Now, I would just love it to be a simple lever-filler version, like this one.

fpn_1352214199__cs100_the_conway_stewart

I sent this idea to Christine Care months ago but haven't heard a thing back from her; or anybody. Yet. Ever.

I am sorry that you have not received a response from Christine. Your idea is a good one and I can say that with hand on heart because I have been trying to get the Model 100 and Model 58 relaunched ever since senior management decided to withdraw the models several years ago.
When under new management I approached our shareholders and stressed that the Model 100 and Model 58 are two icon models that should be brought back into our product offerings.
We have a great team at the factory and it was possible to relaunch the Model 58 which is made in lever fill and c/c filling mechanisms, but at present it is not possible to launch the model 100 in a lever fill because of the internal dimensions of the barrel.
I can say that the new-style of the Model 100 will be c/c, and has three wide cap bands but cannot advise the colour range until we officially launch the edition, scheduled to be within the next few months.
I will continue to try and get the model 100 offered in a lever fill because I feel the Good Captain's idea is a fantastic one and I have been saying the same for quite some time now :)
We have many designs and projects on the books, and I cannot go into details about future plans for production at this time. Some designs take more than one year to launch, and this is because of the time involved creating the new design of a pen, QC and the testing of the models for several months before the actual pens are put into official production.

I am sorry that you have not received a response from Christine. Your idea is a good one and I can say that with hand on heart because I have been trying to get the Model 100 and Model 58 relaunched ever since senior management decided to withdraw the models several years ago.
When under new management I approached our shareholders and stressed that the Model 100 and Model 58 are two icon models that should be brought back into our product offerings.
We have a great team at the factory and it was possible to relaunch the Model 58 which is made in lever fill and c/c filling mechanisms, but at present it is not possible to launch the model 100 in a lever fill because of the internal dimensions of the barrel.
I can say that the new-style of the Model 100 will be c/c, and has three wide cap bands but cannot advise the colour range until we officially launch the edition, scheduled to be within the next few months.
I will continue to try and get the model 100 offered in a lever fill because I feel the Good Captain's idea is a fantastic one and I have been saying the same for quite some time now :)
We have many designs and projects on the books, and I cannot go into details about future plans for production at this time. Some designs take more than one year to launch, and this is because of the time involved creating the new design of a pen, QC and the testing of the models for several months before the actual pens are put into official production.

Thanks very much for your kind comments' Mary. This 'impression' is of course based on my CS100 that I bought in 2011 (I think!) when the most recent special launch took place. Here's a picture of it and my 28 in the similar finish. I've added a 58 as well.

fpn_1380233884__cs28__cs100.jpg

I think this Classic Green is a real example of the simple and timeless finish that really should be one of the flagship colours in any current production run.

But then what do I know? I just use the pens to write with!

The Good Captain

"Meddler's 'Salamander' - almost as good as the real thing!"

Thanks very much for your kind comments' Mary. This 'impression' is of course based on my CS100 that I bought in 2011 (I think!) when the most recent special launch took place. Here's a picture of it and my 28 in the similar finish. I've added a 58 as well.

fpn_1380233884__cs28__cs100.jpg

I think this Classic Green is a real example of the simple and timeless finish that really should be one of the flagship colours in any current production run.

But then what do I know? I just use the pens to write with!

I love the Classic Green, and as I said earlier, feel you are correct about the suggestion for a LF.

Thank you again for your feedback and support -- it is important to CS to hear comments :) Let's see what we can do in 2014 :)