The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Can Someone Identify This Pelikan?

pelikan steel nib cartridge

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 johnsi02

johnsi02

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 05:41

I recently won a lot of two Pelikan fountain pens on ebay. One was supposed to be an M200, turned out to be an M150. The other is a mystery to me. I tried ruettinger-web.de, but couldn't find it listed. Here are a few pictures as well as some general notes.

IMG_20130627_224640_369_zpsdc7fc92b.jpgIMG_20130627_224808_044_zps968abe6b.jpgIMG_20130627_224846_652_zps475f00a7.jpg
It is a cartridge filler. The cap screws on. The nib is steel, and has the Pelikan imprint, but not size marking that I can find. Body appears to be metal. Feed is marked with a 9 on the bottom side. The other pen is the M150 for size reference.

Thanks
John

Sponsored Content

#2 FPFan

FPFan

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 June 2013 - 15:44

It is called the Pharaoh. Never saw one up close or personally, just photos. I know nothing more about it, sorry.

Fair winds and following seas.

#3 langsam2002

langsam2002

Dipped Only

• Member - Gold

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 June 2013 - 21:11

There's a review of it here:

http://www.fountainp...-pelikan-pharo/

It really looks nothing like a Pelikan. It does remind me of a Pharaoh's head dress indeed.

#4 johnsi02

johnsi02

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 00:34

Thanks FPFan, that's it all right.
It is an unusual looking pen for Pelikan. It writes quite nicely though, so that fits it right into the norm for Pelikan. Not sure I really care for the design, I general keep my edc in a shirt pocket, but the strangely shaped cap makes that very difficult.
Anyway, mystery solved. FPN FTW.
JS

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pelikan, steel nib, cartridge

Sponsored Content

|