The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Any Idea What This Is Worth?

waterman nib fountain pen

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 shortwizard

shortwizard

Near Mint

• Member - Silver

• PipPipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 June 2013 - 19:10

I would like to know if this pen has any value at all since I can't find a single reference to it online. I bought it from a local stationery store in Florida about 12 or 13 years ago and have rarely used it because it has a medium nib, and the line is just too broad for me. It's also a little heavy with the cap posted and tires out my hand pretty quickly. It's a lovely pen, it has an 18k Waterman nib, it's well made and in perfect working order - it's just not for me, I'm afraid. I previously posted about the ink around the top of the nib and have since found out it's called "nib creep" and is fairly common, so no worries there.

I have posted some photos here and would appreciate any help at all.

Thanks,

Jackie

Sponsored Content

#2 rochester21

rochester21

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,351 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 June 2013 - 19:12

Nice condition. Looks very similar to a...gentleman?  but on a second look, it looks somewhat odd to me. Could be a waterman nib and feed on a non-waterman body, but the fit is perfect. If it`s so, the value isn`t too high.  

Edited by rochester21, 27 June 2013 - 19:17.

#3 Uncle Red

Uncle Red

Museum Piece

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,585 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 June 2013 - 19:30

Try posting this to the Waterman forum.

#4 jar

jar

A Vintage Pen has to be older than me.

• Premium - Ruby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,101 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 June 2013 - 20:11

Likely a Waterman made for Crane Stationery Company but not sure of a model.  It is probably from around the time of the Preface/Gentleman series but the domed cap and robust cap band are unusual.

It's a nice pen but not particularly valuable.  If I were buying I'd expect to pay in the $75.00-100.00 range.

My Sister's website :  Rose Hill Studios

My Website

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: waterman nib, fountain pen

Sponsored Content

|