The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Help Me About My First Mb 146 Fp

nib creep medium le grand

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Tientze

Tientze

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 June 2013 - 18:36

This is my first MB fontain pen. I bought it as second hand item from Ebay.

It is quite new but I have a nib creep problem. While writing a droplet of ink comes up the surface of the nib and immadiately whicked back into the feed living a stain behind. I tried it twice with both MB Black and with Aurora Black ink. It happens more with MB ink when compared with Aurora Black. I flushed and cleaned the pen before inking.

I called MB Service in Turkey about the problem before seeing the pen we can't say anything exactly they said.

Except these what can I do what can the reason for it? Kind regards.

Sponsored Content

#2 talkinghead

talkinghead

Füllhaltersammler

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 June 2013 - 02:06

Hi and   :W2FPN:

If you are actually seeing a "drop" of ink, that would tend to be more than just nib creep IMHO. Possibly a loose piston seal, and it is actually leaking? I'd take it in to the Boutique.

Rick

MY-stair-shtook eyn-HOON-dairt noyn und FEART-seeg (Meisterstuck #149)
"the last pen I bought is the next to the last pen I will ever buy.."---jar
WTB: Sheaffer OS Balance with FLEX nibs
Posted Image
Porkopolis Penners Blog

#3 Tientze

Tientze

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:54

Hi and   :W2FPN:

If you are actually seeing a "drop" of ink, that would tend to be more than just nib creep IMHO. Possibly a loose piston seal, and it is actually leaking? I'd take it in to the Boutique.

Rick

Thank you for your answer. There is no leaking.

#4 Chi Town

Chi Town

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 1,790 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 June 2013 - 12:18

It seems to me that Aurora and sMB inks are similar in nature, ie viscosity. Just outta curiosity have you tried a. 3rd  MFR?

Mike

Visconti Last Lira aka Luigi Einaudi #63 of 975, Stipula Yellow Da Vinci Carbon Fiber T, Stipula Model T, Vintage Fountain Pens, Delta Amerigo Vespucci LE, Pelikan Special Edition Sahara F/P, TWSBI Micarta, Danitrio Mikado, Genkai, Nakaya Decapod Cigar, Watley in Woodgrain, Marlen Yellow Liberty LE, Santa FE Style Custom "51" made by Ralph Prather, president New Mexico Pen Collector's Club.

#5 Tientze

Tientze

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 June 2013 - 13:51

It seems to me that Aurora and sMB inks are similar in nature, ie viscosity. Just outta curiosity have you tried a. 3rd  MFR?

I haven't try yet. I think the problem is caused from MB 146. Because used same inks with my Pelikan m400 and there is no problem.

#6 Tientze

Tientze

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 June 2013 - 17:08

Hoorray! with waterman serenity(florida) blue ink there is no nib creep. Thank you so much for your close interest.

#7 Chi Town

Chi Town

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 1,790 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 June 2013 - 19:18

Congratulations! Now you have a pen that writes!

Mike

Visconti Last Lira aka Luigi Einaudi #63 of 975, Stipula Yellow Da Vinci Carbon Fiber T, Stipula Model T, Vintage Fountain Pens, Delta Amerigo Vespucci LE, Pelikan Special Edition Sahara F/P, TWSBI Micarta, Danitrio Mikado, Genkai, Nakaya Decapod Cigar, Watley in Woodgrain, Marlen Yellow Liberty LE, Santa FE Style Custom "51" made by Ralph Prather, president New Mexico Pen Collector's Club.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nib creep, medium, le grand

Sponsored Content

|