Wonder Pens

myn

We are working on Diamine :) If you have any specific requests or suggestions for need-to-carry colours, please pass them on!

Well, since you asked: Presidential Blue, Majestic Blue, Red Dragon, Emerald, Damson and Eclipse are my Diamine favourites. I don't use orange ink very often but Pumpkin is a real eye opener. I sure don't envy a retailer trying to select from Diamine's extensive list of inks.

Rick

Life Is Not A Rehearsal.

Our Pen Club: http://londonpenclub.com

Our Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/254419004945988/

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wonder Pens

• Scrawler

• Cyber6

• Karin

I can definitely vouch for Wonder Pens.

Liz was extremely helpful in picking my first fountain pen.

Online ordering was smooth and fast.

I also have had the chance to visit the store. It was great to be able to try out different pens and inks before purchasing.

I'll definitely be back to visit the store soon.

Keiji

Oooo... Diamine....

My top choices and all time favorites were/are: Red Dragon, Oxblood, Damson, Eclipse

No other ink brand does these very unique in-between colours quite as well as Diamine.

This conversation is making me wish I needed more ink. On the subject of in between, Diamine Poppy is not a true red, but in between red and orange.

Well, since you asked: Presidential Blue, Majestic Blue, Red Dragon, Emerald, Damson and Eclipse are my Diamine favourites. I don't use orange ink very often but Pumpkin is a real eye opener. I sure don't envy a retailer trying to select from Diamine's extensive list of inks.

Rick

Liz, Diamine has a great blue selection. Carry them all :)

I'm glad you're all showing such restraint, especially you, Bluejay :)

I'll keep you updated!

-Liz

www.wonderpens.ca

wonderpens.wordpress.com

Another happy customer here! Just received my order of inks, journals and samples :) All nicely packaged. Solferino is just as lovely as I'd hoped! Still trying to get my Parker 45 to behave though so I can use my new Noodler's Black with it.

On the topic of new products...any plans to carry some minor tuning supplies? Like loupes and the like?

We don't have any plans right now - but you never know what the future holds! We're always looking around, and we've had a few questions about the tuning supplies. :)

www.wonderpens.ca

wonderpens.wordpress.com

Wow, a brick and mortar pen store in Toronto! Dundas and what?

Looks like a lovely little store. Good luck!

On Dundas between Bathurst & Ossington. You can take the 505 streetcar, if you're in the mood!

www.wonderpens.ca

wonderpens.wordpress.com

I can definitely vouch for Wonder Pens.

Liz was extremely helpful in picking my first fountain pen.

Online ordering was smooth and fast.

I also have had the chance to visit the store. It was great to be able to try out different pens and inks before purchasing.

I'll definitely be back to visit the store soon.

Keiji

Keiji, you are too kind. We look forward to seeing you and your family soon :)

www.wonderpens.ca

wonderpens.wordpress.com

Oh. My. Not merely an online Canadian store with decent shipping rates, but a local B&M one, too! No more having to deal Lamys out of my bag at work to share the FP love...I can just send them to go buy one in a store, like normal items!

I'm going to have to visit soon!

Safari collector, italic nib and cheap pen evangelist.

Wanted: De Atramentis Magic Alchemist (also Magic Boarding School or Wizard)

Hey Liz, thanks for your letter. It says something about my postmistress, that it got to me addressed like that.

• 1 year later...

I've ordered from Jon and Liz numerous times and have been in their B&M shop lots of times as well. Always the same experience- warm and friendly! Last time I was there I saw their newborn son, Caleb! :lol: I got my TWSBI 580 here which I absolutely loved and convinced me to get on board the fountain pen train. I get most of my inks there. Being able to try the inks out is a big plus! All my Sailor Sky Highs that I'm hoarding are from them. They have some Iroshizuku inks in now. They have several Rohrer and Klinger inks as well- my favourite being Alt-Goldgrun. Can't wait for them to get Stormy Grey in. :)

They have free shipping to all of Canada if your purchase is over $100. If you're in Canada, I highly recommend giving Wonder Pens a look. No affiliation besides being a satisfied customer.

Pelikan 140 EF | Pelikan 140 OBB | Pelikan M205 0.4mm stub | Pilot Custom Heritage 912 PO | Pilot Metropolitan M | TWSBI 580 EF | Waterman 52 1/2v

• 6 months later...

It's great to see Wonderpens on the forum.

I just placed an order for some orange 580's. Not only did they still have some, but man those prices are fantastic! And free shipping to boot!

I had to beat myself back with a stick to keep from buying more.

Edited by Joshua J.

• 8 months later...

Just wanted to shout out to Wonder Pens. Got my order today and they sent an unexpected treat along with it. Thank you Wonder Pens. I hope to be able to visit next time I am in TO :)

Wonder Pens are very good at what they do. The Canadian dollar being a little soft at the moment our American friends should take advantage of great prices. Makes sense for Canadians to support this new vendor as well, for the good of the pen.

• 1 year later...

+1 for Wonderpens.

I've returned to fountain pen collecting after about a decade away. I was pleasantly surprised by this small but mighty store in Toronto and the wonderful folks who own and staff it.

Some highlights:

1. I've been personally taken care of, in an old school way that one simply doesn't see in today's retail world, by a staff member every single time I've been there

2. Staff are super friendly, extremely helpful and very knowledgeable about pens, paper and ink. They're clearly pen lovers and have great recommendations. Its like talking to FPN members, except it is face-to-face

3. Their after sales service is par excellence. I had a problem with a particular pen and they went out of their way to fix it and ensure satisfaction

I want to give them a shout out, firstly for being an amazing retail store and secondly for being a great pen store.

This store is a Canadian gem. Please support these fine folks by visiting their store and their website https://www.wonderpens.ca.

(I am in no way affiliated with the store, just a satisfied customer.)

Edited by flow

• 1 month later...

Highly recommend Wonder Pens. Their staff is very approachable especially for newbies like me. I appreciate that they carry a wide range of products at different prices.

BTW, the store moved to a larger location on Carlaw Ave. The Pape South bus goes right past their door.

Edited by Purrceyz