The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Fairly High Quality Mystery Pen

mystery identification

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Liamtyr

Liamtyr

Encyclopedic Knowledge of the Uninteresting

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 June 2013 - 06:14

Hi All,

I have a fairly high quality pen that i am unable to identify. I actually got it with a case that I bought not to long ago. I took it to a colleague of mine who is a seasoned Pen enthusiast and he and i are baffled by this one. It comes completely apart and all of the machining is absolutely perfect. Everything fits together perfectly with almost no friction. All parts of this pen (Except for the feed of course) are metal of one type or another and nothing is oxidizing. The nib has a nice looking vermeil (Ambiguous "Iridium point germany" stamp) that writes smooth as silk. The main problem is that the convertor receptacle is screw in and proprietary. I would love to use this pen other than just dipping it, but i need to figure out what it is so i can get the parts.....Any Ideas? The cap stone piece looks to be Onyx possibly, although i am no jeweler so i can't be sure.

-=Liam

photo copy 5.JPG

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Sponsored Content

#2 Blazing

Blazing

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 410 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 June 2013 - 06:57

Onyx Black like this one?

20pn-f0054-b.jpg

EDC Pens (in a Visconti Dreamtouch 3 Pen Case):

Pelikan M600 (Stresemann Blue, 14k gold EF nib) inked with J. Herbin Perle Noire

Sailor 1911 Standard (black, 21k gold MF nib) inked with Sailor Kiwa-Guro

#3 Liamtyr

Liamtyr

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 June 2013 - 07:00

similar but not quite

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

#4 GabrielleDuVent

GabrielleDuVent

The Sylph Scribe of the Unseelie Court, 2nd Class

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,238 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 June 2013 - 07:21

What does the clip look like?

Tes rires retroussés comme à son bord la rose,

Effacent mon dépit de ta métamorphose;

Tu t'éveilles, alors le rêve est oublié. 

-Jean Cocteau, from Plaint-Chant, 1923

#5 Bo Bo Olson

Bo Bo Olson

Pen Dust

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,445 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 07:29

Ditto!!!! Always got to show the clip.

German vintage '50-70 semi-flex stubs and those in oblique give the real thing in On Demand line variation. Modern Oblique is a waste of money for a shadow of line variation. Being too lazy to Hunt for affordable vintage oblique pens, lets you 'hunt' for line variation instead of having it.

www.nibs.com/blog/nibster-writes/nibs-germany & https://www.peter-bo...cts/nib-systems,

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

#6 Nashten

Nashten

Absit Invidia

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 June 2013 - 07:34

http://www.dayacom.c...&prod_item_id=1

It reminds me of the Dayacom pens. They're like Schmidt/JoWo and all those other mass manufacturing companies. 

Take a gander through what they have. 

"Every man has his secret sorrows which the world knows not; and often at times we call a man cold when he is only sad." ~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

#7 Uncle Red

Uncle Red

Museum Piece

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,585 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 June 2013 - 16:05

You probably need one of these

http://www.indy-pen-...-converter.html

#8 DanF

DanF

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,905 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 June 2013 - 16:24

Looks Chinese - I don't know of any kits that have a threaded converter, but if Independance has a threaded converter, it's worth a shot. Kit pens a pressed together with friction fit parts, but they are usually a bugger to get apart again, they fit really tight. 

Dan

"Life is like an analogy" -Anon-

Posted Image

#9 Nero

Nero

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 19:17

A non threaded converter might fit in. I have some Delta pens that came with threaded converters. I am able to use some noname converters with them. Other converters on the other hand are too thick and I can't insert them into the section because of the threads. If you have a penshop near you it would be best to check if they can find a fitting converter for your pen.

#10 Liamtyr

Liamtyr

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 June 2013 - 20:02

Here is a picture of the cap as requested

IMG_0063.JPG

Interesting thought about possibly a kit pen. All of the parts came a part very easily and stay put quite well. Like i said the machining of the threads is really good. I tried some standard pop in cartridges and they wont fit. I will look at the delta that you mentioned maybe i can find something there

IMG_0064.JPG IMG_0067.JPG

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mystery, identification

Sponsored Content

|