The 10 Most Expensive Pens In The World

Penne Stilografiche

Gaudy, ostentacious and more like gemmed art pieces in the guise of a fountain pen. However, when you already have everything in the world, and still have money to burn-burn-burn, then this is what is left to satisfy your greed-need. Sure to catch the eye of your competitor when you pull it out for "show & tell"! I wonder how many needy, single parent families, which the 10 most expensive fountain pens could feed??

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Penne Stilografiche

• Dj Shift

• inkstainedruth

• Algester

every time this thread fires up again, I take a look at one or two of the offerings on the list and have basically the same reaction: yuck.

always good for a chuckle, which heart, mind and body can always use...

Franklin-Christoph Stabilis 66 and Pocket 40: both with Matsuyama CI | Karas Kustoms Aluminum, Daniel Smith CI | Italix Parson's Essential and Freshman's Notator | Pilot Prera | Pilot Metropolitan | Lamy Safari, 1.1mm italic | Muji "Round Aluminum Pen" | Waterman Phileas | Noodler's Konrad | Nemosine Singularity 0.6mm stub | ASA Nauka, acrylic and ebonite | Gama Hawk | Wality Airmail | Noodlers Ahab | TWSBI GO | Noodlers Charlie | Pilot Plumix |

Works of art? I cannot concur. Æsthetics are of course subjective, but in my opinion, real art needs to have some thought behind it, or a message. And there’s considerable more thought behind, say, a Lamy Safari or a Kaweco Sport (especially that raw aluminium one ^^)—that embrace instead of fighting the fact that a pen is first and foremost a tool—, rather than behind those monstrosities. This is not art, this is distilled decadence. Tasteless and reprehensible. I’ll step down from my soap box already. :‌o)

1 question remains...
Will it blend

Or at least ink them up with, say, Baystate Blue or Kung Te-cheng (?). Or even better: 79ink.

As an interesting aside: Eight of the ten pens are italian brands. Together with the Caran d’Ache which was made in honour of an italian that makes eight-and-half out of ten. Draw whichever conclusion you like… ;‌o)

A dwarf’s unfailing capacity to believe what he prefers to be true rather than what the evidence shows to be likely and possible has always astounded me. We long for a caring Fortress which will save us from our childish mistakes, and in the face of mountains of evidence to the contrary we will pin all our hopes on the slimmest of doubts. Gold has not been proven not to exist, therefore it must exist.

Philosopher Prokhor Zakharov, ‘For I Have Tasted The Plump Helmet’

God help me, I actually like the Mayan Calender one.

Of course, at that price you could probably buy some actual Mayan artifacts.

"Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful."

God help me, I actually like the Mayan Calender one.

Of course, at that price you could probably buy some actual Mayan artifacts.

And make your own pen out of those artifacts?

#Nope

And make your own pen out of those artifacts?

Naturally. ;)

"Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful."

• 4 weeks later...

I suspect that these pens are not aimed at people who love writing, or even those who enjoy the finest craftsmanship, but rather those who simply want to have the biggest or most expensive of everything - because they can.

And you are not the only one who suspects :D

Aurora Diamante!? You've got to be kidding me.

U naesthetic

G ross

L ame

Y ust disgusting :P

Edited by FP189