The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Looking For Ink In London

ink london

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Pietru

Pietru

scribblemeister

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 June 2013 - 10:55

Hi guys, could anybody please recommend a shop in London (UK) where I'd find Iroshizuku ink? Particuarly want to buy some Tsukushi Horsetail. Thanks

The Llama is a woolly sort of fleecy hairy goat, with an indolent expression and an undulating throat; like an unsuccessful literary man.
― Hilaire Belloc
Posted Image

Sponsored Content

#2 sixesmith

sixesmith

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 15:57

I would actually like to know this as well!

#3 Paul80

Paul80

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,501 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 June 2013 - 16:13

That would be nice to know as well, as in all the shops I have ever been in they have only ever sold Parker or on the odd occasion Waterman Inks, or Montblanc but only in their own shops for obvious reasons.  Have not seen other makes of ink for sale in high street shops for years in the UK and even years ago I could only add Stephens ink to the list. Apparently fountain pens are not that popular over hear these days.  :angry: Well that's what they tell me when I ask.  :rolleyes:

Paul 

#4 lawrenceg

lawrenceg

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 17:33

As far as i am aware buying pilot Iroshizuku ink in a brick and mortar shop in the uk is impossible. You can get it of uk internet stores but it is expensive.
If i was in your shoes and you want that specific ink I would do a search worldwide and get it posted to you.
It would still be cheaper than buying in the uk.
God luck and let us know if you bought the ink and where from

#5 Quadratus

Quadratus

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 May 2015 - 23:10

It seems that no shop in London stocks Iroshizuku ink, which is very surprising for a major world capital.

Online sellers of Iroshizuku inks based in the UK exist, but they are very expensive (c. £25-30 a bottle). The best thing is to order Iroshizuku ink on Amazon, where there are sellers based in Japan who will ship this range of ink for about £12-15 a bottle, but a warning: the parcel takes around 2-4 weeks to arrive... I have been lucky enough to travel out to Tokyo on business, where I stocked up at Maruzen at c. £11 a bottle from their wonderful store near the Ginza, and did not have to wait.

#6 mcgeechan

mcgeechan

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 May 2015 - 16:34

As Quadratus said, getting it online here is expensive, I use amazon marketplace and wait the 2-6 weeks for delivery, I am patient.

#7 nibbling

nibbling

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 May 2015 - 16:46

I don't think there's a b&m that sells it; cultpens is based in London but I think they are online-only.

#8 davidod

davidod

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 June 2015 - 19:47

Hello

Harrods (in Knightsbridge) sells Iroshizuku ink. I was there tonight, in the second floor 'Great Writing Room' and they had five different bottles on display in a Pilot display case. I asked an assistant which ink colours were currently in stock and they said that they had other colours, but not the entire range. The bottles were priced at £32.00 each.

David    

Edited by davidod, 02 June 2015 - 19:48.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ink, london

Sponsored Content

|