Merde!

Do you REALLY want to say that???? :huh: :huh: :huh:

“Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today, because if you do it today and like it, you can do again tomorrow!”

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• britteach

• The Good Captain

• RMN

• Earthdawn

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Do you REALLY want to say that???? :huh: :huh: :huh:

I presume Lapis was referring to the fact that the advertisement, albeit being stupendous in design etc was for an ink that, in French, is 'Noire'. Knowing his understanding of my thoughts on inks of that colour in general, I though it best to reply in the language of the advertisement.

So in answer to your question; yes.

The Good Captain

"Meddler's 'Salamander' - almost as good as the real thing!"

I agree with all of the above statements. A few years ago when I first saw this ink, and found that on one distributed it, on a lark I thought I would email Paul at Akkerman. Not only was he great to work with, he had suggestions for the best way to send the ink and in the most ecomonical manner.

The bottles are really wonderful but the ink itself shouldn't be overlooked. At the time I placed the order, I had not seen a color quite like kofkwartier Groen. It is still one of my favorite inks, even though green is one of my least favorite ink colors.

the Danitrio Fellowship

Here's the Waterman encre ad I mentioned:

fpn_1372115498__waterman_ink_bottle.jpg

Thanks for posting the ad. Great looking bottle. Reminds me of a Pyrex container one would find in a chemistry lab. Waterman has made some truly beautiful bottles in its history. Interestingly, the base of the bottle in this ad is smooth while the base for the Akkerman is beveled. But what's interesting is that Waterman has made small ink bottles that are beveled. I'm happy that Akkerman continues to produce this type of bottle. I am always impressed when engineering and design can come together so beautifully.

Petrus Van Amstel

I agree with all of the above statements. A few years ago when I first saw this ink, and found that on one distributed it, on a lark I thought I would email Paul at Akkerman. Not only was he great to work with, he had suggestions for the best way to send the ink and in the most ecomonical manner.

The bottles are really wonderful but the ink itself shouldn't be overlooked. At the time I placed the order, I had not seen a color quite like kofkwartier Groen. It is still one of my favorite inks, even though green is one of my least favorite ink colors.

Hi Doug C.

You're right about the ink itself. I used a glass pen to write a one page letter to a friend using Shocking Blue. The base color blue reminds me of the ink used in the Bic Cristals, but the highlights are burgundy. In one doodle I made, the darker blues had what appear to be purple highlights. I realize that our perception of color and shading is influenced by the source of light and the type of paper used. When I wrote my letter, I was using natural light and I was writing in a sketchbook using 70lb paper. This is one of the reasons why I enjoy reading about and using a wide variety of inks. It also has helped me in my study of color theory.

On your advice, I'm going to look at the Kofkwartier Groen. I'm probably going to pick up another couple bottles next year and I like to add variety to my palette. Thanks for your suggestion.

Petrus Van Amstel

My pleasure. I also got another green (remember I don't care that much for greens) called Denneweg Groen. I like that their colors seem to be just a shade different from what you would normally find.

the Danitrio Fellowship

A couple of years ago some Australians got together and made a 'bulk' order of various Akkerman inks, to cut mailing costs. Mailed to one guy, who re-mailed the inks.

I have three Akkerman inks at the top of my ink list...living in Germany mail is affordable.

The problem is buying enough of some other ink to fill the bottle when it is empty.

Hummm. R&K are plain functional bottles. So is Noodlers.& Aurora. Three bottles of MB Winter forest, two bottles of MB sepia.

Be great for my bottle and a half of ESSR.

150 ml.....got to start scribbling big time....real big time.

From my reading it is not 'Diamine' ink even if made by them. It is better.

My ship is finally coming in...you know 'The Flying Dutchman', as long as that guy wearing the Albatross don't start talking I'll be getting my three bottles soon.

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

Email Paul direct and ask him any ordering questions you have. He is quick to respond and knows all about the purchase and shipping of the inks.

You can use paypal as well if you have it. Makes it really easy.

"P.W. Akkerman Den Haag" <paulrutte@vulpennen.nl>

Oh cool haha

My two best writers.

http://s2.postimg.org/v3a1772ft/M1000_Black_L_R.jpg..........http://img802.imageshack.us/img802/1217/85960889.png

.........I call this one Günter. ......... I call this one Michael Clarke Duncan.

That bottle design is amazing, I think I need to pick up a bottle even though the cost is a little high

What website did everyone order it from? Google is only bringing up PFN results

What website did everyone order it from? Google is only bringing up PFN results

Translated link

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.vulpennen.nl

Heres is a thread I did a while back on ordering and my experience

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/234086-pw-akkerman-inks-arrived-direct/

Edited by Earthdawn

• 5 months later...

P.W. Akkerman ink is now distrubuted in the U.S. by Vanness Pen Shop in Arkansas.(I;m not affiliated).

Forgot to add that I don't see the Akkerman ink on the Vanness site. Contact them directly. I've heard the price is $39 per bottle, but I cannot personally confirm it.

https://vanness1938.com/

Edited by Drone

Drone wrote: P.W. Akkerman ink is now distrubuted in the U.S. by Vanness Pen Shop in Arkansas.(I;m not affiliated).

I have no affiliation either, but I have placed three orders with Vanness this year, and the prices and service are superb. Here's a link to the Vanness website:

www.vanness1938.com

@RobertS, Did you buy Akkerman ink from Vanness? If so, what was the price and selection range like? I assume the ink they distribute comes in the Akkerman bottles being discussed here.

They are who I bought my Akkerman ink from. Great service, and yes, the ink is in "THE bottle"! Thanks to the Dutch members here who have answered a question I had about the "baby" Akkerman bottles - now I know where they came from and why they are no longer available, except as antiques. My next trip to Europe has a To Do list that now includes going to the flea market in Paris (pens) as well as stopping at Akkerman's and looking for the baby bottles in antique stores!

Breathe. Take one step at a time. Don't sweat the small stuff. You're not getting older, you are only moving through time. Be calm and positive.

Drone asked: "RobertS, Did you buy Akkerman ink from Vanness? If so, what was the price and selection range like? I assume the ink they distribute comes in the Akkerman bottles being discussed here."

Vanness posted an offer on Fountain Pen Geeks in August. I bought two bottles of Akkerman ink (Shocking Blue and Sooty Hague) both in original Akkerman bottles/boxes. I think I paid about $80. for the order, including shipping. At the time of the offer Vanness had all colors available, but in limited quantities. I recall that in email Mike Vanness mentioned that I had purchased the last bottle of Shocking Blue.

I just checked the Vanness website and didn't find Akkerman ink included in the ink offerings - - - so perhaps (?) this was a one-time offer. In any case, if you're interested it would be worthwhile to contact Vanness directly.

Do a FPN search for Vanness--as I vaguely recall a more recent post, perhaps in the Mall?--that all colors are now available but not posted on the website. You must contact Vanness for purchase arrangements.

Here is the link

Edited by mm1624124

I just saw this post- Akkerman asked us not to put it on the vanness website. We keep it in the store- and you can email us or call us. We are in the middle if an ice storm- so hours are reduced right now (closing by 4:30)..... the cost per bottle is normally $39.00- we have run specials on several occasions. Right now the special is free shipping with multiple item purchase. We are also running pen specials- the ice is making Mike stir crazy. Arkansans are not accustomed to this ongoing freezing cold.

our email is vanness1938@sbcglobal.net

our phone number is 501-353-2362

We are a retail store- and hours are 10-6 M thru F and 10-5 on Saturday.

vanness1938@sbcglobal.net

http://i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae327/VintagePen/vanness.jpg
Selling fountain pens, ink, paper & related items since 1938