Uk Ink Prices - Part 3

Bigeddie

18 months months on from my first post, and 12 months on from the second many of the prices have changed, I have updated them accordingly. Some changes this time around; I have tried to give prices including postage.I have tried to give prices for one bottle, if additional discounts are included I have stated where to find them. I have also removed some of the higher prices.

This time red means a price increase, blue that the price is either new or the same as last time, green that the price has gone down... which they have some of the time!

***Please note that these prices may not be the best out there but are the best I've found, I'm not affiliated with any of the below organizations ect. ect. Where possible the lowest shipping has been obtained by going over £X amount, if applicable the minimum order values are stated. Grey Imports excluded (all stock is from EU, no import duty to pay). Prices correct at the time of writing.***

Aurora
45ml bottles from The Writing Desk

£13.19 (incl. 2.20 postage)

45ml bottles from Penbox.co.uk

£10.99 (free postage >£20)

45ml bottles from Writeherekitenow.co.uk
1 bottle £12.00 (free postage over £10)

Caran dAche (old line, remaining stock)
30ml bottle from The Writing Desk
£12.45 (incl. 2.20 postage)

30ml bottle from TheJournalShop.com
£11.99 £10.20

30ml bottles from Penbox.co.uk

£9.99 (free postage >£20)

Diamine
100ml bottles of selected colors from The Writing Desk
£8.19 £7.85 1 bottle (incl. 2.20 postage)

80ml bottles from diamineinks.co.uk (Direct from Diamine, >£10 free postage)
£6.79

80ml from cultpens.com (>£10 free postage)
£5.90

80ml bottles from Penbox.co.uk

£5.85 (free postage >£20)

30ml bottles x4 from diamineinks.co.uk (Direct from Diamine (>£10 free postage), nice to sample colors.)
£2.67ea (4 = £10.68)

Important: Ordering >£10 from Diamine will mean free postage and an assortment of 16 free cartridges.

J.Herbin
100ml bottles of selected colors from The Writing Desk
1 bottle £12.69 (incl. 2.20 postage)
2 bottles £27.98 (incl. 2.50 postage)

30ml bottle from Bureau Direct
1 bottle £5.95 (£5.36 with 10% newsletter discount)

30ml bottle from The Journal Shop
1 bottle £6.39
£5.90

Lamy
50ml bottles from Penbox.co.uk

£4.99 (free postage >£20)

50ml bottles from cultpens.com (>£10 free postage)
1 bottles £5.50 £5.50

50ml bottles Bureau Direct
1 bottle £4.50 £5.95 (£4.05 £5.36 with 10% newsletter discount, >£5 free postage)

30ml bottle from Bureau Direct
1 bottles £2.95 £3.65 (£2.66 £3.29 with 10% newsletter discount, >£5 free postage)

Montblanc (standard shoes, not LE 30/35ml inks)
60ml bottle from Wheelers luxury gifts (or MB boutique if you're close to one)
£11.20 £11.00

60ml bottle from Montblanc refill store (online)
£11.00 (+£10 postage on orders under £250)

Monteverde
90ml bottles from The Writing Desk at £6.00 each.
online £2.20 for delivery of 1 bottle, + around £0.20 for each subsequent bottle
1 bottle £8.20 (incl. postage)
4 bottles £27.10 (incl. postage)

Noodlers
89ml (3oz) bottles from Purepens.co.uk (run by pelikanpens.co.uk, >£20 free postage)
bottles £12.50-15 £10-12.50 each depending on color-very limited selection.

Pelikan 4001

62.5ml bottle from Cultpens.com (>£10 free postage)
£6.95

62ml bottles from Penbox.co.uk Branded Cross

£3.90 (free postage >£20)

Pelikan Edelstein
50ml bottle from The Journal Shop
£10.95 £12.25

50ml bottle from cultpens.com
£11.95 £12.80

50ml bottles from Purepens.co.uk (>£20 free postage)
bottles £12.95 each

50ml bottles from Writeherekitenow.co.uk
1 bottle £13.99 (free postage over £10)

Private Reserve
50ml bottles from The Writing Desk
1 bottle £9.30 £9.19 (incl. 2.20 postage)

Pilot Namaki
60 ml bottles from cultpens.com
£15

Pilot Iroshizuku
1 bottle £27.20 (incl £2.20 delivery)

Platinum Mix Free
60ml bottles from cultpens.com
£12.95

Rohrer and Klingner
1 bottle £6.19 (incl. £2.20 delivery. Because of low value - £3.99 ea - and high postage it makes sense to include these in a large order.)

Sailor Jentle
1 bottle £13.00 (incl. £2.20 postage)

50ml bottles from Writeherekitenow.co.uk
1 bottle £10.50 (free postage over £10)

Sailor Pigment Inks
1 bottle £18.40 (incl. £2.20 postage)

Sheaffer Skrip
£5.65

bottles £5.75 each

30ml bottles from Penbox.co.uk

£4.95 (free postage >£20)

Visconti
60ml bottles from cultpens.com (>£10 free postage)
£10.00

60ml bottles from Penbox.co.uk

£9.95 (free postage >£20)

Waterman
£5.62 £6.08

bottles £4.99 each

60ml bottles from Penbox.co.uk

£4.65 (free postage >£20)

Lots of good prices from Penbox.co.uk this time around, a retailer I hadn't really used until I bought a Visconti Homo Sapiens from them a few months ago, highly recommended seller (usual no affiliation disclaimer!). Sailor ink prices from Writeherekitenow were on a recommendation from the last (mark 2) post, might have just cost me £10.50, they sell Omas too, the only place I have found :)

As before, please post if you are aware of lower prices in the UK, Hopefully this will save some of us some money :thumbup:

Edited by Bigeddie

For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love. -Carl Sagan

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bigeddie

• brunico

• The Good Captain

• Holdav

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a couple of ones to add - from Write Here of Shrewsbury.

Pelikan Edelstein are £13.99 and Aurora are £12.00. Both are Carriage-free which applies to all orders over £10.00.

Worth a thought and certainly worth a visit.

The Good Captain

"Meddler's 'Salamander' - almost as good as the real thing!"

Just a couple of ones to add - from Write Here of Shrewsbury.

Pelikan Edelstein are £13.99 and Aurora are £12.00. Both are Carriage-free which applies to all orders over £10.00.

Worth a thought and certainly worth a visit.

They have been added, thanks Captain. I did see the image for Aurora under inks, but when I clicked it it sent me to Iroshizuku. I've just ordered some Sailor Jentle Grenade from them :)

For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love. -Carl Sagan

What a neat docu/protocol!

I do this roughly, too (in the sense that I always note all prices I pay and the date of same, and then occasionally check out any price increases). Basically, the only reds I envisage for the last 1-2 years are Sailor's and Iroshi's. Presumably do to custom/tax increases Japan => Germany. That has also increased the length of time necessary to get the friggin' things rowed over.

Mike

Life is too short to drink bad wine (Goethe)

Thanks, Bigeddie - very helpful again!

Can't think of anything to add, except that Sailor Kobe inks can be had from eBay for £13, including shipping from Japan, and Iroshizuku for around £20. Not from the UK, of course, but they seem to slip through HM Customs as if they were, whereas I've been stung every time I've ordered anything from the US. Maybe if I'd ordered my seven all in one go, they'd have had a sniff around. Delivery took only a week.

Worth a mention, as Iroshizuku supplies seem to go quickly - for some reason, can't understand why ;-) - and the magnificent Kobe inks aren't available outside Japan.

Great post again Eddie!

Think the only new thing is CultPens now sell the 30ml bottles of diamine for £2.35, but you won't get the free carts and you'd have to buy 5 bottles for free postage. Not sure its worth putting up really but its an option.

Thanks, Bigeddie - very helpful again!

Can't think of anything to add, except that Sailor Kobe inks can be had from eBay for £13, including shipping from Japan, and Iroshizuku for around £20. Not from the UK, of course, but they seem to slip through HM Customs as if they were, whereas I've been stung every time I've ordered anything from the US. Maybe if I'd ordered my seven all in one go, they'd have had a sniff around. Delivery took only a week.

Worth a mention, as Iroshizuku supplies seem to go quickly - for some reason, can't understand why ;-) - and the magnificent Kobe inks aren't available outside Japan.

Yes I've been looking at that Kobe seller for a while, the whole Kobe line seems a bit unclear without seeing all the swatches somewhere. Good to see we can get Iroshizuku for less than £20 a bottle too.

The Sailor inks will get through customs because they are under £15 in value, no VAT will be chargeable on them. For items over £15 there should be 20% VAT and a handling charge, by which ever UK based firm is raking it in, of about £8. Some items seem to come through regardless.

Sailor inks are also sold by Andy's Pens (he seems to have some of an older series of green in stock to). It looks like postage is included in the price, can anyone confirm if they have ordered with him before.

---

Thanks Holdav, the original post is now locked but it will make the next update. That's nice to know for the times I am buying from cult pens and looking for something to put me over the £10 free shipping mark!

The Sailor inks will get through customs because they are under £15 in value, no VAT will be chargeable on them. For items over £15 there should be 20% VAT and a handling charge, by which ever UK based firm is raking it in, of about £8. Some items seem to come through regardless.

I had three parcels with two bottles each slip under the radar! ;)

Haven't ordered from Andy's Pens for a while, but postage, though extra, was pretty much at cost.