Price Of A Sheaffer Pfm

punchy71

Hi all,

I am wanting to know what the average price (or price range) is for a good everyday user Sheaffer PFM (Pen For Men) these days?

Thank you

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mitto

• Bill Nick

• georges zaslavsky

• Azura

I've been looking recently and the costs are around $200 upwards. Still looking for a broad nib PFM myself.

Yep, agree with all the above replies. Depends what series you want and colour ( PFM V go for more), but in the UK, they range from £100 (on ebay, unrestored) to approx £200 for NOS

Cheers, Paul

Recently bought a PFM I set with box (and pencil), black. Approx. $300. The PFM was one of my grails and it was a set.

thanks

250-300$ for the pfm I, 300-350$ for the pfmII-III, 450-500$ for the pfmIV-V add 50-100$ to the price for stub, oblique and italic nibs

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

• 2 weeks later...

Looking over my records for the past 18 months, below are the average sale prices for the model with (# sold in parenthesis):

• PFM I: $216 (23)
  • PFMII: $217 (12)
  • PFM III: $260 (21)
  • PFM IV: $305 (4)
  • PFM V: $318 (6)

Thomas
Baton Rouge, LA
(tbickiii)

Check out my ebay pen listings
:
  tbickiii's Vintage Fountain Pens

<p>Talking of PFM prices -- anyone buy a PFM from a Thai seller?  Seems like over half of the PFMs in the world are in Bangkok.  Many of the sellers have what looks like legit favorable feedback.  Theories?</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Answered my own question by looking at old threads on this subject -- and there are lots. I do not think it's difficult to distinguish between the likely frauds & the likely legit.  Tough to fake good feedback on numerous sales of PFMs from buyers located all over the world.  And a guy selling a PFM who has feedback of 5 from selling some $5 baskets, well that seems like a good clue that trouble lies ahead.  </p>

Edited by ksh

• 3 weeks later...

I bought A PFM III NOS just now (an hour ago) for 450SGD namely 375USD, not cheap but really performing well.

I bought A PFM III NOS just now (an hour ago) for 450SGD namely 375USD, not cheap but really performing well.

You will love your PFM, it will bring you a forever writing pleasure

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

You will love your PFM, it will bring you a forever writing pleasure

A student as I am, I felt guilty when I have spent so much money on a vintage pen(a large wave of part-time jobs coming), but I love it very much. The local store offers both medium and fine nib size, The medium is really wet and write fluently, the fine nib is kind of scratch (maybe not proper to use this word). At last I brought the fine nib and pretty enjoy the procedure of refine the pen into my style. Every character you write with it, it goes closer to your style, only by then, can you announce that you really own a pen.

Regards.

I just recently got a PFM I? off ebay with a mismatched cap and body. It will need the filler system overhauled. $120 shipped. I'm happy so far.

Edited by heraclitus682

• 4 years later...

I was lucky enough to score a restored Sheaffer PFM 1 (Black) at the 2017 Dallas Pen Show from a vendor for $150.00. Pen is in really good shape. Could not believe how kind he was to sell for such a low price compared to what other vendor's wanted.

Last year I got two PFM-V and a PFM-IV in quick succession for $35 - $55. Would those qualfy for sumguy deals?

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/315659-would-a-pfm-v-for-55-be-a-sumgai-deal/

"Would those qualify for sumguy deals"....

I think you know the answer, Mitto. ;)

But, let me put it this way:

If you sold them to me at double what you paid, we'd both be sumguys!

(I'll be waiting at my mailbox!)

"Would those qualify for sumguy deals"....

I think you know the answer, Mitto. ;)

But, let me put it this way:

If you sold them to me at double what you paid, we'd both be sumguys!

(I'll be waiting at my mailbox!)

:)

They are no good for you. Still in need of resacing/restoration.

I couldn't restore them due to my inability to pay for the repair kits. :)

PayPal considers us here in Pakistan as inelegible to use their services. Waiting for some fellow countrymen bring the goodies for me while returning to Pakistan from US of A or UK. :)

Khan M. Ilyas

How does a PFM-III at $36 plus $20 for restoration fit into this price scheme? I'm quite satisfied with the purchase.

I did see another pen in the jar for the same price, but it was smaller in diameter. Was that maybe a Legacy?

Edit...Or perhaps it was an Imperial. How do I discern the difference?

Edited by corgicoupe

Baptiste knew how to make a short job long

For love of it. And yet not waste time either.

Robert Frost