Indian Pen Resource

brahmam

Hello,

Sorry to hijack your thread but I have been enjoying the banter and good information you kindly share with one another about pen resources in India. I will be travelling to Bangalore in late July and would love to visit some pen shops. I have several pens from India and love them. I was wondering if you could share some ideas as to where I should go? This is my first trip to India and I am very excited!

Heather

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• brahmam

• hari317

• de_pen_dent

• Ashok

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello,

Sorry to hijack your thread but I have been enjoying the banter and good information you kindly share with one another about pen resources in India. I will be travelling to Bangalore in late July and would love to visit some pen shops. I have several pens from India and love them. I was wondering if you could share some ideas as to where I should go? This is my first trip to India and I am very excited!

Heather

William Penn has a few stores in Bangalore, but they don't stock any Indian fountain pens. Their collection includes the usual international brands.

Our favourite local pen haunts in Bangalore happen to be along a crowded street named Avenue Road. Though it'll reward you with a fine haul of pens, I'm afraid navigating around the street may be a bit of a challenge for a first-time visitor.

Most neighbourhoods have stationery shops, usually small ones, that stock some Indian pens, notably Camlin, and some of the inks from Bril, Chelpark and Camlin.

Welcome to India, and I hope you have a good stay in Bangalore. Please PM me if you've any queries about the city, I'll be happy to help.

Edited by soum

And I'll add that if you are coming from Netherlands, Dennis @ La Couronne de Comte probably has better prices on most things than William Penn, who seem to be carrying fewer and fewer fountain pens these days.

Although if you do find something you like at William Penn, try to get a 10% discount - they usually are amenable to that.

Another option - you can email Ranga and perhaps have him make some pens for you, and deliver them to your hotel. I usually supply him with Jowo nibs + feeds, and have him put it into his bodies, and have some really nice pens from him as a result.

True bliss: knowing that the guy next to you is suffering more than you are.

And I'll add that if you are coming from Netherlands, Dennis @ La Couronne de Comte probably has better prices on most things than William Penn, who seem to be carrying fewer and fewer fountain pens these days.

Although if you do find something you like at William Penn, try to get a 10% discount - they usually are amenable to that.

Another option - you can email Ranga and perhaps have him make some pens for you, and deliver them to your hotel. I usually supply him with Jowo nibs + feeds, and have him put it into his bodies, and have some really nice pens from him as a result.

I am looking for Ranga Model 3. Where in India can I get Jowo nibs and feed

Edited by theadityajain

What are Jowo nibs in the first place?

Oh! my dear, dear Free-will!

Tell me really, "Will I ever be free?"

Allow me until my body becomes still,

To sacrifice as a still standing tree!

- Just another tumble weed!

:W2FPN:

Hari.... whom are you welcoming????

Edited by brahmam

Aditya- you'll have to buy the nib+feeds from the US. They arent available in India, AFAIK.

True bliss: knowing that the guy next to you is suffering more than you are.

Try Meisternibs or Franklin-Christoph. Both will ship to India. I've bought from both, and the nibs work well with Ranga pens.

BTW, if you're going for converters, be careful, two of my custom-made ranga pens leak very slightly in the area where the converter plugs in. I'm thinking of turning them into eye dropper pens but am not sure if the JoWo nibs burp ink at low levels.

Edited by Simius

Greetings Friends,

I really need your expert advice and kind assistance. I have been looking for good quality ink pens to buy on line but I am not really sure which one to buy. And the second thing is that I don't know any good place and shops to buy it from. Can you help me out? I need some ideas and addresses of reliable shops, if you can give them to me.

I will be grateful to you!

nutsaboutinkpens :-)

Where could I get Jowo nibs and feed in India? Thanks.

How many do you want?

I too want them.

Is it JoWo nib & feed or JoWo nib with Schmidt feed.

huh?

How many do you want?

Just one pair -a nib and a feed. That's all.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I tried to message mpkandan via the forum and it stated that he cannot receive messages. What is the best way to reach Ranga? Thank you!

• 1 month later...

Dear Mr. Brahmam,

Greetings from Makoba.com

Thank you for your appreciation about us. We would love to serve you again sometime.

Dear everyone,

P.s - People who all are looking for good quality paper can visit our store in Chennai or our online store www.makoba.com.

http://www.makoba.com/300-journals-notepads-more

Thank you

Makoba.com

Info@makoba.com