• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom Kellie

• inkstainedruth

• DrDebG

• IrishEyes

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

THAT is the most laid back & comfy orange cat I have EVER seen! I live with an orange cat & unfortunately he was was a feral rescue, even after 15 years with me he remains "a bottom dweller," preferring to "keep his feet FIRMLY on the floor, ready to FLY away from any new intrusion into the house." It is still strange after having to practically push previous cats from the stove or counter tops!

I am glad to see your cat is so relaxed. Thank you for sharing their photographs.

Alot of dog aggression comes from the dog thinking he has to protect the owner from real or imagined threats, so if we can show the dog that it is our job to walk in front, to protect the dog not the other way around! Then many dogs will start to calm down alot :)

True. My mother-in-law used to have four dogs, and one was a shepherd/collie/coonhound mix. Dusenberg was a great dog. If you could dropkick a 95 lb. dog across the room, he'd come back for more -- because that was *attention*.... He was great with little kids -- he'd put up with all sorts of hairpulling and being crawled all over. But dumb as a rock.... Normally....

At one point my MiL was renting a room to one of my brother-in-law's friends. Sean had been playing with Dusenberg in the living room, and then apparently my MiL asked him to pass her the newspaper. The guy made a mistake of folding the paper as he handed it to. That looked too much to the dog like a rolled up newspaper (which is what the dogs got swatted with when they misbehaved). So suddenly, after having just been playing, Dusenberg started growling (he never growled -- at anything or anyone) and made sure he was between them. And NEVER, from that point onwards, would the dog let Sean anywhere NEAR my MiL -- he would always get in between them.... Because, to the dog's reasoning "He tried to hit MOM!"

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

This is my, almost 16yr old toy poodle, "Pepper". He's the most laid back and happy dog I've ever shared my life with. He greets every person he meets as if they've been waiting all their lives to meet him. Although he's blind and deaf, he's happy and healthy. As I type this he's sprinting backwards and forwards along the deck barking with joy. It's warm and sunny and he loves the sun.

post-85009-0-34460600-1478158225_thumb.jpg

Ohhhhh I love this thread!! So many pretty babies! :wub:

My three:
i-fhN4bQ2-M.jpg
My baby Lexi and my Nushka Noodle, around a year ago, before Lexi had properly overtaken the Noodle in size :P This is her now:
i-gZSdvhs-M.jpg
My big fluffy torbie Coon baby. She's actually rather small for a Maine Coon, though, she was the runt of her litter. But she's still bigger than the other two goobers. She's the most gentle cat ever, and I have known other sweet gentle cats! She just wants to play and snuggle.
My silly little Noodle is some British Shorthair mix we can't be sure of. She was definitely not feral, she absolutely loves people, but she did somehow wind up out on her own, where she lost an eye. The TNR program that picked her up was intended to just put her back outside, as they do, but the woman thought she was far too sweet to do that, so she put her up on adoption boards to find her a home. :happy:
i-4JKcKbV-M.jpg

i-NJSd6CH-M.jpg
And then there's Kuma, aka Queenie McGrumpybutt. Regular European Shorthair tabby. She hates the other two, especially Lexi, who wants nothing more than to play with her and never does anything even defensively when Kuma is hissing/growling/swatting at her. Lexi is the sweetest gentlest furball ever. Kuma doesn't care. Kuma is a people cat, period! Happily, there is no real violence, no one every injured or anything. Just swatting and much noising. *shakes head* So, they can at least coexist. Kuma's noises are not limited to felines though. If we do anything she objects to (like having to move her off me because I need to get up!), we get growled at, too! Her bark is much worse than her bite, though ;) haha, she doesn't actually do anything more than voicing her upset. But yes, she is a grumpy little butt always on about something, hence her nickname. :P

Lexi is more of an ink aficionado
i-2pLHH2B-M.jpg
though (fortunately for the wallet) it was my husband's CISS that she decided to play with and send to the floor and get all over, heh.
Kuma is not picky, if it is a pen it is all hers for the taking! ...or so she claims, anyway. She does tend to favor ballpoints though, nice and light and easy to fling across my desk!
While Nushie is all about the paper. Any paper lying about is fair game in her eyes, and once she got her claws in it, well... No literally, she wants it to stick her claws in. LOL. Her favorite pastime is shredding on any paper/cardboard she can find, hence we leave pieces of cardboard on the floor for her to play with. :P
They make quite the trio between them! One for ink, one for pens, and one for paper! :lol:

• 1 year later...

I feel like this thread should be revived....

fpn_1510957816__img_20171117_151456_247.

My fingers are always inky and I'm always looking for something new.  Interested in trading?  Contact me!

This is Skritchmo, who we lost a couple months ago after 15 fantastic years.

Like so many cats, anything you had, he wanted. Here he has some of his pens.

post-666-0-14726100-1511095764_thumb.jpg

Best Regards, greg

Don't feel bad. I'm old; I'm meh about most things.

It's been a while since my last entry on this thread! In the meantime, our granddaughter has moved out, eventually taking her dog, Dino The Demented (the nastiest little chihuahua in the world). We lasted dogless about two days after Dino's departure before we hit the local shelter and ended up adopting Lacy.

Lacy doesn't know pens from anything. She has no interest in toys, nick knacks, whatever. Dog treats only. Her lineage is unknown, we guessed maybe Lab and something like a Greyhound, given her deep chest and small waist, she's definitely a hunter and can run like a cheetah. I just became aware of the Canaan breed, which she appears to well resemble. Anyway, here she is, will be happy to accept pets from any and all (unlike Dino, who would love to eat your hand right off).

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v139/nihontochicken/Lacy1_zpsr3gidqqf.jpg

This is an early photo of Lacy, a couple of years ago, not long after we adopted her. She's gained weight since then, and her ribs no longer show!

Nihonto Chicken

This is Skritchmo, who we lost a couple months ago after 15 fantastic years.

Like so many cats, anything you had, he wanted. Here he has some of his pens.

Skritchmo had good taste in pens. Sorry for your loss.

This is an early photo of Lacy, a couple of years ago, not long after we adopted her. She's gained weight since then, and her ribs no longer show!

I would love to see Lacy and am sure I am not alone. Can you try uploading the photo via the Upload button as Photobucket doesnt work.

Not sure if I shared a photo of Teddy, my MaltiPom boy, age 9 months. If not, though, here he is :-).

fpn_1511431948__teddysitup1a.jpg

"In the end, only kindness matters."

Enjoy seeing everyone's special fur kids.

Beautiful shot of Teddy!

Nihontochicken good to see you too! Please do upload Lacy's photo :-)

Sorry to hear about Skritchmo < great name BTW.

Know NJ is enjoying every precious minute with Pepper :- )

Edited by pen2paper

It's been a while since my last entry on this thread! In the meantime, our granddaughter has moved out, eventually taking her dog, Dino The Demented (the nastiest little chihuahua in the world). We lasted dogless about two days after Dino's departure before we hit the local shelter and ended up adopting Lacy.

Lacy doesn't know pens from anything. She has no interest in toys, nick knacks, whatever. Dog treats only. Her lineage is unknown, we guessed maybe Lab and something like a Greyhound, given her deep chest and small waist, she's definitely a hunter and can run like a cheetah. I just became aware of the Canaan breed, which she appears to well resemble. Anyway, here she is, will be happy to accept pets from any and all (unlike Dino, who would love to eat your hand right off).

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v139/nihontochicken/Lacy1_zpsr3gidqqf.jpg

Please do not use Photobucket any more!

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

Freja "on the job"! Enjoyed seeing this :-)

Recently read the city of Chicago (major US city) is employing canine ratter's, instead of poisons that quickly become ineffective.

A long time local farmer recalled in detail when rodentcides first became available decades ago, reducing rodent population for a brief period, regretfully impacting local wildlife and family pets. From experience she preferred natural predator control. Go Freja!

A week before the DC show we were adopted by a torby - tabby with tortoise mixed in. Catch me at a show and I'll happily tell the story. We eat our meals on the back porch and she showed up for 4 in a row before we took her in. She hasn't even tried to get outside since. We think that she's about 2 1/2 since her adoption record on her chip was in October 2015. One sweet, fun, silly, affectionate cat. She loves to play fetch - and just radiates happiness when we do.

My two favorite pictures. Looking out the front door, and the post at the top of the stairs.

http://www.mainstreetpens.com/pix/Willow3.jpg

http://www.mainstreetpens.com/pix/Willow1.jpg

spacer.png
Visit Main Street Pens
A full service pen shop providing professional, thoughtful vintage pen repair...

Please use email, not a PM for repair and pen purchase inquiries.

Freja "on the job"! Enjoyed seeing this :-)

Recently read the city of Chicago (major US city) is employing canine ratter's, instead of poisons that quickly become ineffective.

A long time local farmer recalled in detail when rodentcides first became available decades ago, reducing rodent population for a brief period, regretfully impacting local wildlife and family pets. From experience she preferred natural predator control. Go Freja!

Yes, professional rat catchers (wrong word?) here frequently use these dogs on the job.

Edited by farmdogfan

Know NJ is enjoying every precious minute with Pepper :- )

You are right Pen2Paper. Pepper is almost 17 now and while he’s slowed down considerably in the past year, he’s still playful and full of fun. We’ve had a couple of scares when he’s been sick over the past 3 months and we thought it was the end. Turned out, both times he just had a bug and recovered well. It’s almost dinner time as I type this and he’s pacing in an attempt to pressure me into feeding him early. (Mind you his food is permanently available but not the treats we use for his medication.)