Dogs And Cats And Pens... Oh My!

Luma

~ farmdogfan:

What a portrait of Freja!

Her paws in the air...her gaze to her left...her ears up...her delicate shadow...superb.

Thank you for posting such a lovely image of a lovely dog.

Zuji would love to join her as he likes romping in snow.

Tom K.

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom Kellie

• inkstainedruth

• DrDebG

• IrishEyes

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

https://ibb.co/mMX127

(Sorry. I don't seem to be able to copy this link so that the image will be seen on the page.)

This is Envós. My two-and-a-half-year old cat, who hasn't been diagnosed with ADHD, but who should be. He loves any pen that's left lying on the table. He doesn't only play with them. He also uses them as they are intended to be used: there are ink stains in the wallpaper and the wooden skirting board behind my desk, and I think those are Envós's attempts at writing.

It isn't true that you live only once. You only die once. You live lots of times, if you know how. (Bobby Darin)

Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go. (Oscar Wilde)

Freja in relaxed mode.

~ farmdogfan:

The floor perspective intensifies the beauty of Freja's pose.

If Zuji was in the same position, he'd be pulling down the Canon super-telephoto lens to investigate it.

Freja is more socially advanced than 10 month-old Zuji.

Thank you for such a saturated, sharply focussed image. It's lovely.

Tom K.

Thanks Tom.

Freja would probably have done the same when she was at Zujis age, but now where she is getting close to 11 years, she is taking things easier and more relaxed.

Thanks Tom.

Freja would probably have done the same when she was at Zujis age, but now where she is getting close to 11 years, she is taking things easier and more relaxed.

~ farmdogfan:

You inspired me to attempt a few images of Zuji with the EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II super-telephoto lens, with lens hood on.

He was sleeping, as it's the middle of the night here, so both startled and relatively tranquil.

Had I attempted such shots in the daytime, there might have been a different result.

I don't use flash attachments on the Canon 1D cameras, but the Sony RX1 R camera has a built-in flash. which I used.

Freja remains youthful looking at age 11. She's such a beauty.

Tom K.

fpn_1522690108__awakened_puppy.jpg

Awakened Puppy

fpn_1522690146__pug_and_lens.jpg

Pug and Lens

Very nice shots Tom.

Yes, he looks very relaxed (and very cute), allmost concerned, no wonder with that big lens so close, on the second pic he seems to have accepted fate, and appears more at ease with the situation.

Regards Per.

• 3 weeks later...

fpn_1524491706__yubi_and_tom.jpg

Yubi and Tom

~ Tonight a special package arrived from Beijing. It's a 4-month old male Pekingese, silver-grey with sable markings on all four feet, the tail tip and the ear tips.

He's from the most respected and successful Pekingese breeder in Asia, who graciously made him available, although he very seldom sells puppies.

His name is Yubi. In Chinese it's 御笔, which literally means “the imperial brush pen”, but in practice means the sketches or writing of the emperor.

His fine fur is like a sable-tipped brush. The striking dark markings on his feet, tail tip and ear tips look as though he was a brush dipped in ink.

With such a name, he's destined to be another ‘fountain pen writer and sketcher's dog’. He'll need to work to match Zuji's excellence.

Yubi and Tom

~ Tonight a special package arrived from Beijing. It's a 4-month old male Pekingese, silver-grey with sable markings on all four feet, the tail tip and the ear tips.

He's from the most respected and successful Pekingese breeder in Asia, who graciously made him available, although he very seldom sells puppies.

His name is Yubi. In Chinese it's 御笔, which literally means the imperial brush pen, but in practice means the sketches or writing of the emperor.

His fine fur is like a sable-tipped brush. The striking dark markings on his feet, tail tip and ear tips look as though he was a brush dipped in ink.

With such a name, he's destined to be another fountain pen writer and sketcher's dog. He'll need to work to match Zuji's excellence.

Little Yubi has substantial shoes to fill :)

Given his age at the moment, it would be a good idea to keep all the pens secured at all times :D

Wish the two of you wonderful times ahead.

Congratulations, Tom!

It isn't true that you live only once. You only die once. You live lots of times, if you know how. (Bobby Darin)

~ KshitijShetty and Cassotto:

Thank you very much!

Yubi is unlike any dog I've ever known.

He's baby-like, gentle, easygoing, sweet-tempered, appreciative, and winsome.

He hasn't yet chewed anything, nor does he lunge.

Therefore with ample precautions I made a few test shots of a writer's puppy-in-training.

Tom K.

fpn_1524543123__training_a_pen_dog.jpg

Training a Pen Dog

Oh! :thumbup: :thumbup: I love this one! I hope Yubi can be trained to appreciate and take care of pens as they deserve. From what you say, he's on the right track!

(If I trained my cats not to attack my birds even when these were let loose in the room, Yubi can be trained to use any sort of nibs you want him to use, I'm sure.)

Yubi and Tom

His name is Yubi. In Chinese it's 御笔, which literally means “the imperial brush pen”, but in practice means the sketches or writing of the emperor.

With such a name, he's destined to be another ‘fountain pen writer and sketcher's dog’. He'll need to work to match Zuji's excellence.

Congratulatione again Tom, looks like a wonderful pup..

Edited by farmdogfan

fpn_1524543085__yubis_first_day.jpg

Yubi's First Day

fpn_1524543123__training_a_pen_dog.jpg

Training a Pen Dog

fpn_1524543157__well-mannered_puppy.jpg

Well-mannered Puppy

He looks VERY interested in the pens.

Edited by farmdogfan

Yubi and Tom

OMD! He is the most gorgeous Pekingese I've ever seen! What a sweet looking puppy <3. Just out of curiosity, how did you manage to entice the breeder to sell you one of his/her puppies, since they're rarely sold? I can see why the breeder is very well respected. Yubi takes my breath away. Will you be showing him? He looks perfect, to me, at least :-).

"In the end, only kindness matters."

This is not cleatuss favorite pen.attachicon.gif image.jpg this is Cleatuss favorite penattachicon.gif image.jpg

Cletus, you are so adorable, and Pippin (my youngest MaltiPom) would like to invite you to come live with us any time :-p.

fpn_1524612079__pippins1stgrooming2a.jpg

This photo was taken just after his first ever trip to a groomer.

He says to let him know any time you're ready to move in! :D

Pippin's Before and After....

Pip before his visit to the groomer--he was in great need of a "trim" :-):

fpn_1524613722__pipbeforeclip_a.jpg

And after:

fpn_1524612079__pippins1stgrooming2a.jpg

Either way, he's adorable! Much easier to keep brushed out with a hair cut, though :wub: .

Oh! :thumbup: :thumbup: I love this one! I hope Yubi can be trained to appreciate and take care of pens as they deserve. From what you say, he's on the right track!

(If I trained my cats not to attack my birds even when these were let loose in the room, Yubi can be trained to use any sort of nibs you want him to use, I'm sure.)

~ Cassotto:

Yubi shows far more restraint than one might expect from a 4-month old puppy.

He sniffs unfamiliar objects from a distance, but hasn't yet attempted to chew anything.

His new toys sit untouched, as Yubi admires them but makes no attempt to mouth-handle them.

I never expected to share my life with such a fountain pen-friendly puppy.

Nevertheless, based on past experience, I'll remain vigilant with continuous supervision.

As a puppy grows up, babyish innocence may shift into playful attack mode. Were that to occur, I'll be ready.

Tom K.