muratavci

Hi everyone from Turkey. As you know I am new here :) I am looking for a pen for good signature and I meet FPN while I was looking at information about my research at internet. I have got a no idea about pens, nib, stub, ink etc. I want a pen for usually signing maybe sometimes take notes or writing. but my priority is signing. So what is the best pen (roller, ball-point, fountain) for you? Of course nib size, stub, oblique or straight etc. Thank you very much :thumbup:

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• muratavci

• MisterBoll

• Skyring

• Sasha Royale

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Muratavci and :W2FPN:

Well, you are on fountainpen network. So guess what type of pen I like most..... :eureka: :thumbup:

I like pencils too, and if must I will use a BP. No rollerballs for me though

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

Welcome to FPN !

Your question is very dificult, as it is a very personal choice. I prefer a fountain pen with a stub nib, but that may not the ideal choice for you. So I suggest that you try different nibs before you take a decision.

Merhaba Muratavci. Welcome to FPN. You'll find wonderful information here.

In so far as pen choices I agree with what Wahl wrote - you'll have to try out several pens to see which one suits you the best.

Hi Muratavci and :W2FPN:

Well, you are on fountainpen network. So guess what type of pen I like most..... :eureka: :thumbup:

I like pencils too, and if must I will use a BP. No rollerballs for me though

D.ick

I like fountain pen too, but the last use of it 20 years ago, when I was at elemantary school :lol:

Welcome to FPN !

Your question is very dificult, as it is a very personal choice. I prefer a fountain pen with a stub nib, but that may not the ideal choice for you. So I suggest that you try different nibs before you take a decision.

Thanks for your answer. I think I will buy Montblanc fountain pen, but I haven't got a chance to test nib for Montblanc in Turkey so will be a problem if I try nib of other fountain pen's brand?

Merhaba Muratavci. Welcome to FPN. You'll find wonderful information here.

In so far as pen choices I agree with what Wahl wrote - you'll have to try out several pens to see which one suits you the best.

Merhaba MisterBoll :) I think there is the best place for informarion about pens. But I'm so confused about where I should begin. For example I look into some writing sample of different nib at FPN, but I don't understand the difference between them such as medium and oblique medium nib? and straight or stub? By the way oblique nib and stub are the same things? :blush:

Hi everyone from Turkey. As you know I am new here :) I am looking for a pen for good signature and I meet FPN while I was looking at information about my research at internet. I have got a no idea about pens, nib, stub, ink etc. I want a pen for usually signing maybe sometimes take notes or writing. but my priority is signing. So what is the best pen (roller, ball-point, fountain) for you? Of course nib size, stub, oblique or straight etc. Thank you very much :thumbup:

My name is Murat Avcı, I forgot to write my name, sorry :lol:

Murat - you can look here for information about nibs - http://www.richardspens.com/ref/nibs/primer.htm

Do you have any good pen stores where you live?

On a Turkish note - one of my favorite actors is Cem Yilmaz. My favorite of his films is G.O.R.A.

Thanks for link ;)

No, there is no special pen store in my city.

Yes, he is my favorite actor too. I think he is the best comedian after Kemal Sunal :) I like G.O.R.A but a lot of people don't like it in Turkey.

Hi, Murat!

I love Turkey! Visited Istanbul three times since 2006 and finally got down to Gallipoli in April. A friend told me I was crazy to drive in Turkey and I found out what she meant when I filled up the tank of the rental car!

I'll be back. I've seen a few pen shops in Istanbul, I recall.

Pete, hanging out for another Efes or two

Hi, Murat!

I love Turkey! Visited Istanbul three times since 2006 and finally got down to Gallipoli in April. A friend told me I was crazy to drive in Turkey and I found out what she meant when I filled up the tank of the rental car!

I'll be back. I've seen a few pen shops in Istanbul, I recall.

Pete, hanging out for another Efes or two

Hi Skyring. Gallipoli is one of the most beautiful places in Turkey. It is very important for the friendship between Turkish Soldiers and ANZAC soldiers.

Yes, Turkish traffic is very dangerous :)

Did you mean historical place for Efes?

Edited by muratavci

Thanks for link ;)

No, there is no special pen store in my city.

Yes, he is my favorite actor too. I think he is the best comedian after Kemal Sunal :) I like G.O.R.A but a lot of people don't like it in Turkey.

What pens have you used?

What pens have you used?

I haven't used fountain pen before :) Actually, I used a fountain pen 20 years ago in beautiful handwriting lesson at elemetary school :lticaptd:I think it brand is Pelikan but it was ordinary so I hated fountain pen and this lesson!

Hi Skyring. Gallipoli is one of the most beautiful places in Turkey. It is very important for the friendship between Turkish Soldiers and ANZAC soldiers.

Yes, Turkish traffic is very dangerous :)

Did you mean historical place for Efes?

I have nothing but good memories of golden Efes beer. If I go to a Turkish restaurant in Canberra - yes, we have a few - I always order Efes to wash the tucker down.

I thought the countryside around Gallipoli was beautiful. I staid in Kocadere, just a tiny place, very rustic. And yes, it's strange, but there's a friendship grown up between the Turks and the Australians. Both free-spirited people, suspicious of authority. Kemal Ataturk was a great man.

Some of my thoughts about Turkey here in a trip report I'm writing for a frequent flyer board.

I wouldn't say Turkish traffic is dangerous. There are local customs to follow, and I'm not yet up to driving in Istanbul itself. I've always been impressed by the taxidrivers, some of whom would do well in Formula 1, I'm sure!

Welcome to the Fountain Pen Network Muratavci :)

Many of us have come here after rediscovering the wonder of fountain pens, so no recent experience necessary. Welcome aboard. :W2FPN:

Pavoni.

I have nothing but good memories of golden Efes beer. If I go to a Turkish restaurant in Canberra - yes, we have a few - I always order Efes to wash the tucker down.

I thought the countryside around Gallipoli was beautiful. I staid in Kocadere, just a tiny place, very rustic. And yes, it's strange, but there's a friendship grown up between the Turks and the Australians. Both free-spirited people, suspicious of authority. Kemal Ataturk was a great man.

Some of my thoughts about Turkey here in a trip report I'm writing for a frequent flyer board.

I wouldn't say Turkish traffic is dangerous. There are local customs to follow, and I'm not yet up to driving in Istanbul itself. I've always been impressed by the taxidrivers, some of whom would do well in Formula 1, I'm sure!

Personally I don't like beer, I usually drink Rakı :) But people says Tuborg Gold is better than Efes, I suggest to experience it :thumbup: I haven't got any Australian friends, but I think they understand Turkish people. Foreigners are distant and timid about Turkish people, but we are really warm-blooded and helpful.

Driving taxi in Istanbul is more exciting than roller-coaster :lol:

Welcome to the Fountain Pen Network Muratavci :)

Many of us have come here after rediscovering the wonder of fountain pens, so no recent experience necessary. Welcome aboard. :W2FPN:

Pavoni.

Thank you Pavoni. Before discover of FPN, I thought pen is only pen not more :blush: But I see now there are a lot of things about pen (especially fountain pen) that I need to learn.

Hello and Welcome to FPN!! Glad to have you as a member!!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!