How Many 149S Do You Own?

Blade Runner

...and he comes to our club meeting, opens his case and starts pulling them out..."wait, see how this one writes, broader than a sharpie!..."

it's fun to watch, especially because they're the tools of his illustration work.

I always laugh because i ask "Wanna see my pens?" And people are disappointed that they are all the same pen!! LOL I own many other pens but the 149's get used the most.

www.stevelightart.com

• 8 months later...
  • Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 16m3mx

• Tom Kellie

• Ghost Plane

• pavoni

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9. The white one doesn't count as it's got a '6' nib.

Left to right - 50's Fine nib, 60's 18C EF, 60's 18C BBB, 70 14K F (more like M), 75th Anniv Special edition F, 75th Anniv Limited edition M, early 2000's Andre Putman F, 2008 "Yes We Can!" OM, 2010 Rhodium plated M (italicised).

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5487/9056122676_0c82e98819_c.jpg

Same questions here, could someone please tell me more about the white one? Blade, do you have any ideas?

One currently, originally an OM nib changed into a fine for me.

I am, somewhat excitedly but also sadly (sadly only financially) shopping for several more simultaneously. Going to see the new rose gold one at the boutique today. I think I'm going to sell most of my other pens, and focus my collection around these 149s, and couple of other Montblancs. No point in having pens I'm not writing with, I've decided.

Same questions here, could someone please tell me more about the white one? Blade, do you have any ideas?

Look up Montblanc Meissen.

My Website

Three.

A (quite wide) EF (bi-color 18K) early '90, an earlier special "french market" (18C tri-color nib) M and a gorgeous slightly younger OBB (tri-color 18K).

And then they were four...

Modern pen, B nib.

Ciao - Enrico

Diplomat #1961

http://i384.photobucket.com/albums/oo288/enricofacchin/poker-3.jpg

Daddy, please no more pens - we need food, clothes, books, DENTISTRY...

Update

1. Stock fine - great for general writing. Filled with MB Violet.

2. I had a stock medium that was nice but I have similar mediums in other MBs, so I converted it to a true extra fine by John Mottishaw, finer than stock MB's. Filled with MB iron gall blue black. I use this combination at work where the XF can negotiate cheap copy paper better than a wider nib.

3. I had a stock broad that didn't have as much stubbishness as my other broads, so I converted it to a beautiful broad stub by John Mottishaw. It now has much greater line variation. FIlled with MB black which really shows off the line variation.

So now I have three beautifully writing 149s each with quite different nibs for different situations and moods. Mission accomplished, but I still wouldn't mind another 149. :D

Edited by Blade Runner

LOL! I guess I am in the minority. I have a 149 LE 75th Anniversary 1924 with rose gold trim and MOP. In my point of view and for me personally, it is a well sought out pen and I only need this one and my other 146 for enjoyment. :)

4 in all:

i: a 70s, bitone narrow shoulder long tine 14C factory B

ii: a 90s, was M, now has a replacement tritone 18K factory O3B

iii: a 90s, with tritone 18K Greg Minuskin 1.4 mm stub modification of original B with almost no tipping left, bought off eBay, &

iv: a 2000s, fully restored by MB last year and all plastic parts changed, with a tritone 18K Greg Minuskin 1.6 mm stub Modification original of M, that I simply did not like.

Enjoy your pens

Have a nice day

Junaid

As of right now, 1, waiting on another, got both from ebay, this is a 18K i believe M, the other one is 14K either F or eF.

Looking at the dating 149 thread, it seems to be a 1994 to 1996 model, it has the early plastic feed.

13726457355_aafc20a78c.jpg

Edited by jsolares

As of right now, 1, waiting on another, got both from ebay, this is a 18K i believe M, the other one is 14K either F or eF.

Looking at the dating 149 thread, it seems to be a 1994 to 1996 model, it has the early plastic feed.

13726457355_aafc20a78c.jpg

Congrats! It takes some adjustment if you're use to a smaller pen, but it should feel fine soon. Enjoy.

I had a chance to visit lago Atitlan several years ago. It's one of the most beautiful places on the planet. I managed to climb to the top of volcan San Pedro for a breathtaking view of the lake.

Congrats! It takes some adjustment if you're use to a smaller pen, but it should feel fine soon. Enjoy.

I had a chance to visit lago Atitlan several years ago. It's one of the most beautiful places on the planet. I managed to climb to the top of volcan San Pedro for a breathtaking view of the lake.

I've been using a 146, but the 149 feels a lot heavier than the weight difference would indicate. hopefully i'll get the other 149 tomorrow or thursday.

Atitlan is quite beautiful indeed, thank you, san pedro is quite a hike, but breath-taking view from up there. I really like the autumn colors in the US, almost no trees here change color since we only have two seasons, wet and dry :)