The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Noodler's Confusion

creaper piston fill

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 wanahakalugi

wanahakalugi

Near Mint

• Member - Silver

• PipPipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 05:16

I've seen the noodler's creaper pen for sale on goulet's and the standard piston fill for sale on isellpens. The piston fill on isellpens is cheaper, but they look like the same pen. Are these the same, or are they actually different models?

Nib creaper: http://www.gouletpen...en_p/n17047.htm

Standard Piston Fill: http://www.isellpens...ns_p/n17002.htm

Sponsored Content

#2 msolok

msolok

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 June 2013 - 05:43

The same pen. If you look on the Goulet website at the description is says 'Also known as the Standard Flex Pen'. They just have different names on the websites.

The reason isellpens are selling them cheaper is they are trying to sell them all out.

Currently collection:Lamy Safari's x5, Lamy Al Star's x3, Lamy Studio's x2, A Lamy 2000, Kaweco Sports/AL Sports x7, Noodlers pens (Konrad and Ahab) x10, Noodlers Konrad Ebonite x2, Hero 616 x10, Reform 1745 x10, Sailor 1911m x2, Sailor 1911 Realo x3, Sailor Pro Gear Realo x2, Sailor Pro Gear Imperial Black, Sailor 1911 Sterling Silver, Visconti Opera Club Cherry Juice (M Dreamtouch Nib), Visconti Opera Elements x3 (Amber and Black with M Dreamtouch Nib, Blue with M Gold Nib), Visconti Homo Sapiens Steel Age Maxi, Visconti Homo Sapiens Bronze Age, Montblanc 146 Le Grande... Plus I am sure I have forgotten some.

#3 AndrewC

AndrewC

user

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 876 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 05:48

Same pen. Note that the price on isellpens is the "sale price", otherwise it is the same as on Goulet Pens. I know that Todd (isellpens)sometimes works out deals where he has the lowest prices for some things. I once called Laban for a part and they told me to call Todd because he could sell it to me cheaper.

Some people say they march to a different drummer. Me? I hear bagpipes.

#4 mhphoto

mhphoto

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,932 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 June 2013 - 05:50

Yep, same pen.  :thumbup:

fpn_1451747045__img_1999-2.jpg

#5 inkstainedruth

inkstainedruth

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,443 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 June 2013 - 16:25

They are very nice little pens, BTW.  I now have two.  Think I got the first one (King Philip Purple demonstrator) from the Goulets last year.  Then just picked up a second one (Vulcan's Coral) from isellpens a couple of weeks ago, along with another Konrad (even though I had just gotten one a couple of weeks before that, when the closeout price was less than a regular priced Creaper, I figured it was too good a deal to pass up.  And I needed to get some ink anyway (a bottle of PR American Blue for my husband's niece to go with the pen set we got her as a HS graduation gift; and a bottle of Noodler's Navajo Turquoise for me because, well, it's such a yummy color.... :)).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: creaper, piston fill

Sponsored Content

|