The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Levenger True Writer - Bargain Or Ripoff?

levenger true writer stub pricing value

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 jrobert6

jrobert6

Mint

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• PipPipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 June 2014 - 16:04

My four write better than many a more expensive pen and I'm not worried about taking them on vacation with me. I find nothing wrong with the nibs.

+1. I have several Levenger TWs, and they are dependable and nice looking without being flashy. I've moved away from the Levenger M nib to a F nib, but it seems from this thread that perhaps I ought to venture a little further, nib wise.

Sponsored Content

#22 Skyppere

Skyppere

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 June 2014 - 16:08

I too really like the true writer. It was one of the first upscale (well for me at the time) fountain pens that I bought... I have about a dozen and every single one of them has written well and been trouble free right out of the box. Pretty to look at... I have nothing but praise for them...and for Levengers as a company. 

skyppere

#23 Loeschpapier

Loeschpapier

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 17:35

Had to add my 2 cents... A few weeks ago I purchased a Kyoto on Amazon for 68 Dollars when it was on sale.

The pen itself is absolutely magnificent to look at and the regular fine steel nib - I shall praise it for it's smoothness. For a steel nib Levenger managed to put out a quality product. Granted, I am not in the market for a Levenger stub, so can't comment on that since I prefer fine stubs.

Aside from that I am hooked. My Kyoto writes as smooth as one of my binderized XF nibs on my Pelikan M400! Not joking, I seemed to have lucked out on an incredibly smooth nib. For my 68 Dollars the Kyoto exceeds pens in that category like a similarly priced TWSBI.

I absolutely love mine and only mourn that I came too late to find a Seaglass. If I ever find one, I will love it to bits.

Attached Images

• image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg

Edited by Loeschpapier, 25 September 2014 - 17:45.

Posted Image
"I amar prestar aen, han mathon ne nen, han mathon ne chae a han noston ned 'wilith."

#24 Runnin_Ute

Runnin_Ute

Super Pinks member:

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,808 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 September 2014 - 18:35

I still love my TW, and while it doesn't get as mich use as when I first posted to this thread I had fewer pens then. It remains in rotation with my P45 Flighter and my Pelikans

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

#25 rwilsonedn

rwilsonedn

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,802 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 18:57

I still love my TW, and while it doesn't get as mich use as when I first posted to this thread I had fewer pens then. It remains in rotation with my P45 Flighter and my Pelikans

That's quite an endorsement!

Thanks for the long-term view.

ron

#26 Joe in Seattle

Joe in Seattle

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,510 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 September 2014 - 21:50

I have the sea glass that I found used that always goes on vacation with us. Sheila also gave me one of the orange ones from several years back that she found used. The colors are a kick. And while I have several of the Esterbrook's I rarely use them and do frequently use the Levanger homage.
"how do I know what I think until I write it down?"

#27 BT-7274

BT-7274

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 484 posts
  • Location:Thread[0] (Suspended: Signal 'SIGINT' received. Description: Interrupt.)
  • Flag:

Posted 25 September 2014 - 22:01

Really nice pens, especially at cheap prices. I still regret not picking up one at the very end of last year's Boston show from Pendleton, with a stub, no less, for $40.

Calculating.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: levenger, true writer, stub, pricing, value

Sponsored Content

|