How Many Esties Do You Own?

leftside

Sitting there as a Buy It Now for a week?

Then, there's a Reason for That.

If it's an auction, it's not unusual for the main orgy of activity to be in the last couple minutes.

Bruce in Ocala, FL

No, just available for sale on Etsy (not eBay, which I kind of don't trust anymore, after having lots of problems with auctions for guitar-related equipment...) Here are the two I'm talking about. They've been up for at least a week...

http://tinyurl.com/mcd6mky

http://tinyurl.com/lbgn9pn

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OcalaFlGuy

• chad.trent

• pajaro

• JesterKat

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The clip is missing on the second one. That price is a little high for a nun functioning pen with no clip. The red one is on the high side too considering several have sold on eBay for less the last few days.

+ Pi

That cap makes the Copper a non-starter.

The Red has nice potential for a restore but for $38 shipped you are on the edge of what it should go for fully restored.

Bruce in Ocala, FL

There's two Esties in my little pen stable. My first was a black BHR Dollar, full size, that I snagged from our own Penfisher. It's got a silky smooth 2668 that I enjoy greatly.

Estie #2 is a blue SJ that a neighbor gave me. After I resacced it and added a NOS 2968 from Brian, it too is a favorite. I find that the 2968 out of the box has a stub/italic thing going on. It gives me nice line variation.

There is a third Estie in my household, a black plastic Dollar from Fleabay that I resacced and gave to my wife after she expressed admiration for my BHR Dollar. That one came with a 2048 flexy fine.

Happiness is an Indian ED!

+ Pi

That cap makes the Copper a non-starter.

The Red has nice potential for a restore but for $38 shipped you are on the edge of what it should go for fully restored.

Bruce in Ocala, FL

Thanks for the heads up. I'll look elsewhere next time I get the itch for another pen...

Thanks for the heads up. I'll look elsewhere next time I get the itch for another pen...

I know a lot of people don't like using Ebay, but there are lots of deals to be had on there. Complete, resacced pens going for not much more than what those on Etsy are going for. Pens that only need a little work going for less than $20.

I have to be careful or I'll be broke soon...

Yes, Chad, you should quit buying Esties in Roanoke, you might go broke! :rolleyes:

<Giggling mindlessly now>

I looked up some items on that Etsy.com. You can get better items for less on ebay.

Somebody has a copper for sale in the classifieds.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

Yes, Chad, you should quit buying Esties in Roanoke, you might go broke! :rolleyes:

<Giggling mindlessly now>

Speaking of which... Found fully functioning sacs in two of the recent ones I picked up.

Just got a new batch of sacs so I'm ready to do some more sac replacements if you still need help.

Speaking of which... Found fully functioning sacs in two of the recent ones I picked up.

Just got a new batch of sacs so I'm ready to do some more sac replacements if you still need help.

I would ask if you were free this weekend, but we got a call from a friend last night and we're off to the boonies for a quiet weekend. Next week I'm relatively free, and by then I should have a couple of cheapies I picked up that might need re-sacking that I won't worry too much about screwing up. You tell me what's good for you - I'm open until the 26th when I begin my south-bound odyssey. Whatever works, this is an unusual month for me, I usually have absolutely nothing on my calendar.

Katie

I just checked. I have approximately 0.2 IFBUs of Esterbrooks.

(International FarmBoy Units)

greg

Don't feel bad. I'm old; I'm meh about most things.

I have 3, a blue SJ, a copper transitional and a black J with a huge #14 Banks nib in it. I should have 20 but I have family members who believe they should have them in my stead and have lifted them.

Only two - a green J and copper SJ with 2556 and 2668 respectively.

Fool me once, shame on you.

Fool me twice; damn

There goes that fox again.

greg

BWAAHAAHAA!

I don't care who you are, that's Funny right there.

Greg, how does that convert to GAUs (Galactic Anderson units)?

Bruce in Ocala, FL

None but I am tempted...

Well, if you really are tempted, make a few more posts, decide which Estie pen and nib interests you the most then holler back in here to try out the Estie Loaner program.

We even have a couple pens IN the UK for cheaper postage "loaner" fees.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

greg

If you figure out a good way to organize and store them let me know...

San Francisco International Pen Show - The next “Funnest Pen Show” is on schedule for August 23-24-25, 2024.  Watch the show website for registration details. 

My PM box is usually full. Just email me: my last name at the google mail address.

BWAAHAAHAA!

I don't care who you are, that's Funny right there.

Bruce in Ocala, FL

It was a good one wasn't it.

San Francisco International Pen Show - The next “Funnest Pen Show” is on schedule for August 23-24-25, 2024.  Watch the show website for registration details. 

My PM box is usually full. Just email me: my last name at the google mail address.

It was a good one wasn't it.

Complete agreement. BTW, since you are here: I saw the pics from the raffle. It is time to move from FarmBaby to FarmKid.

"When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick; and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

Two: a copper J with a chipped barrel jewel (didn't show on fleabay) that was utterly clogged, but the original E sac still present, in good shape, and full of old, nasty green ink; and a cobalt blue in transit (another ebay); won't know if it's a J, LJ, or SJ until it's here. Common, ho-hum nibs, though; that's a separate hunt altogether. Lusting for the flexies! (the Ahab is a stiff semi-flex at best, though I still like it). Almost have the wife ready to agree to let me snag a vintage wet-noodle, or superflex; don't really care too much what make, though I am partial to the exotic-looking swirls and rippled hard rubber.