How Many Esties Do You Own?

leftside

Couple months ago - none. Today, six and happily looking to adopt more. These pens are like rabbits!

But unfortunately unlike rabbits they multiply not by themselves. It takes some personal actions of yourselves to make them procreate.

And inevitably you'll notice the result of this action by the unexpected phthisis of your purse by the end of each month!

:D

swisspenpal

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OcalaFlGuy

• chad.trent

• pajaro

• JesterKat

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Two so far.

A grey LJ w/ a 9128 nib and a turquoise M2 with a Venus fine nib and a Pilot Con-20 converter.

“Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today, because if you do it today and like it, you can do again tomorrow!”

I have somewhere around 30, here are most of them. Sorry about the bad photography

http://i.imgur.com/siegVbi.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/8CrP0Zt.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/jekKXB4.jpg

Two so far.

A grey LJ w/ a 9128 nib and a turquoise M2 with a Venus fine nib and a Pilot Con-20 converter.

I like your M2 with Pilot converter. Resaccing the M2 is easy, but the contrarian inventive use of a readily available part is admirable. I might try something like that if my Phaeton converter fails. An idea to remember, and Kudos to you for using the Pilot converter in the M2. Great out-of-the-box thinking.

Of Esties I have two cups full. Thirty or so. The pens are so-so, but the stub and italic nibs, and the "flexible" nibs too, make it worth trying Esties. The pens, well, the Transitionals, LJs, Phaeton and M2 are worth using.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

Fewer than I used to have...down to an SJ, 2 x J, Dollar, and Transitional in black and a J transitional in grey. Not counting desk pens and related parts. Since the nibs are interchangeable, I'll be selling off the black transitional and one of the J's in an upcoming sale. I've found over time that I love the nibs more than the pens, and have at least ten different nibs with dupes of the common ones.

Tim

Edited by tmenyc

Tim

timsvintagepens.com and @timsvintagepens

V-pen, Dollar pen, Transitional, J, LJ, & SJ.

About a dozen. I love the variety in nibs.

Auf freiem Grund mit freiem Volke stehn.
Zum Augenblicke dürft ich sagen:
Verweile doch, du bist so schön !

I'm somewhat ashamed to admit that I'm up to 13 plus 2 desk fountain pens and 2 dip-less inkwells. I'm afraid that I went a little crazy for the colors and types very quickly - sometimes I have a really hard time putting off the pleasure of pretties. My hubby already had 3 or 4, and between us we have about 32 various nibs because hubby picked up a couple of assorted lots. It's all a mixed bag, a dollar pen, a couple of transies each, a couple of J's, LJ's and SJ's, and my beloved icicles. My only gripe is that I bought what both I and the seller thought was a red icicle and now I have a second copper icicle. I can't figure out why that bothers me so much, I love copper and I love the icicles, maybe I've got a bit of the "c-word" going here :blush:

No need to be ashamed here, what's important is that you like and appreciate and use what you have not how many.

I had a stickered Coppercicle once but the stickers gave me c-worder jeebies so I had to cast it from my presence. ;) I traded it to AntoniosZ for a fine shape unstickered Redcicle. Stickered pens are for some people but not for me. Turns out I think the Redcicle color is prettier than the Coppercicle.

Bruce in Ocala, FL

I have 2 SJ's in green and black and a dipless desk set along with a couple spair Renew Points.

post-104138-0-02134700-1370722652_thumb.jpg

So far as only having a few goes...

Estie1A.jpg

(Sorry for the horrible pic...)

It was about 5 years ago that I got it, my First Estie from our Toulouse here in Estieville. It's a SJ and hasn't been inked in sometime. I still smile just as big today holding it as the day I got it. :)

It doesn't take 30 of them to have a lot of fun with Esties.

Bruce in Ocala, FL

No need to be ashamed here, what's important is that you like and appreciate and use what you have not how many.

I had a stickered Coppercicle once but the stickers gave me c-worder jeebies so I had to cast it from my presence. ;) I traded it to AntoniosZ for a fine shape unstickered Redcicle. Stickered pens are for some people but not for me. Turns out I think the Redcicle color is prettier than the Coppercicle.

Bruce in Ocala, FL

Mostly the shame is that I've only been buying my own esties for about a month. :blush:

I think I have your problem with stickers, I picked up a NOS red desk pen and makes me want to put it in a case somewhere instead of using it. All the rest that don't need work are in rotation with new ink just arrived. My hubby has been enticed away from his booring blue and black inks, now. I think when he puts up the next set of bookshelves, there is going to be a stepped ink shelf for the pretties. :eureka:

Katie

I'm somewhat ashamed to admit that I'm up to 13 plus 2 desk fountain pens and 2 dip-less inkwells. I'm afraid that I went a little crazy for the colors and types very quickly - sometimes I have a really hard time putting off the pleasure of pretties. My hubby already had 3 or 4, and between us we have about 32 various nibs because hubby picked up a couple of assorted lots. It's all a mixed bag, a dollar pen, a couple of transies each, a couple of J's, LJ's and SJ's, and my beloved icicles. My only gripe is that I bought what both I and the seller thought was a red icicle and now I have a second copper icicle. I can't figure out why that bothers me so much, I love copper and I love the icicles, maybe I've got a bit of the "c-word" going here :blush:

I may be able to help you find a new home for that second copper icicle...

Edited by chad.trent

I may be able to help you find a new home for that second copper icicle...

Gee, why did I have a feeling that was coming??? :lticaptd:

See, I shouldn't have put my location in my profile, you might not have caught the bug and I would have all the Roanoke Esties. :P

Man, I've been eyeing these two J models on Etsy (the Red and the Copper) for over a week now and NOBODY has picked them up... Somebody please get them so I don't have to double my Esterbrook count.

I think you should buy as many as interest you. So, the red and the copper Js, go for it. Not like you are buying Pilicans there.

Edited by pajaro

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

Sitting there as a Buy It Now for a week?

Then, there's a Reason for That.

If it's an auction, it's not unusual for the main orgy of activity to be in the last couple minutes.

Bruce in Ocala, FL

Man, I've been eyeing these two J models on Etsy (the Red and the Copper) for over a week now and NOBODY has picked them up... Somebody please get them so I don't have to double my Esterbrook count.

Don't worry. I think that copper is going to get more bids. I just have that feeling....

Edited by chad.trent