The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Black Ink Changing Colors

black ink changing colors black ink changing colors

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 circlepattern

circlepattern

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 June 2013 - 00:06

I have a Hero 616 pen and a bottle of their ink, not so sure what model since I just picked it up in China because of it's price, which is like a dollar for 15ml. 

I used it in my 616, which has a sac refilling system, and after the ink flows down into the bottom, the top turned orangish red from the remainder of the ink. Is that what black ink do or what?

Sponsored Content

#2 Vendome

Vendome

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,443 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 June 2013 - 00:32

I think it's something to do with the internal coating of the sac.

I got a Hero 616 at weekend in the post, After giving it an initial clean / flush, I filled it with Diamine Turquoise and like you, I noticed the top of the sac looked a bit pinkish.

I wasn't too enamoured with the turquoise, so I emptied it, re-flushed it and after drying for a while I tried it with Waterman Serenity Blue. The ink sac now seems more of a darker maroon colour. However, it does write nice though. 

Also, I noticed that on its initial filling, the sac shows up a lot of air holes, but after writing with it for a bit, and turning it up and down a few times, these air holes disappear.

Long reign the House of Belmont.

#3 circlepattern

circlepattern

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 June 2013 - 01:06

Oh, so it might not be the ink. But what do you mean by air holes?

#4 Vendome

Vendome

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,443 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 June 2013 - 01:19

Hi

Just on the first filling, the tube / sac had a few gaps (air pockets) showing. But as I say, giving it a quick work out and turning it around a few times made the ink completely cover the inside of the tubing.

I get these air holes sometimes when I fill up my twist style converters as well, so I re-fill them a couple of time to clear them.

#5 circlepattern

circlepattern

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 June 2013 - 01:22

I think I get what you are saying. But I don't think those affect writing performance, and when it happens, I just giving the converter quick taps.

#6 Vendome

Vendome

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,443 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 June 2013 - 01:33

Quite right, no problem with performance, but prefer to get rid of the pesky air pockets.

#7 circlepattern

circlepattern

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 June 2013 - 01:39

Yeah, me too, my pen just has to be perfect.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: black, ink, changing, colors, black ink, changing colors

Sponsored Content

|