The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Clip Repair

parker clip repair loose duofold maxima

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 SplinterCell38

SplinterCell38

Dipped Only

• Member - Bronze

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:29

Hello All,

I'm very new to the world of fountain pens, and I just recenty got my first pen when my father found, and then gave me, his old Parker Maxima that he used in high school.

The pen seems to be in good working order, but the clip is a bit loose. (Hopefully the photos illustrate this?)

Does anybody have any suggestions about how to fix the clip in place? Glue seems like an obvious solution, but I'm not sure as to which one to use, etc.

Many thanks!

IMG_4198.JPG

IMG_4197.JPG

Sponsored Content

#2 Malice

Malice

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 May 2013 - 07:50

First screw the cap of the pen.
Then get a rubber on hand (that's an eraser in AE)
Put the jewel of the pen (the blue thing on top) on it and with a little bit of pressure, twist.
Twisting the cap counter clockwise will get the clip loose, allowing you to bend it back to shape if you want to. But if you just want to fixate it, turn the cap clockwise.

Please don't use glue,
otherwise you will never be able to reset the clip when it gets bent out of shape a bit through use.

greetings,

M.

#3 SplinterCell38

SplinterCell38

Dipped Only

• Member - Bronze

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 00:59

M,

Thanks so much! It worked like a charm.

Glad I didn't use glue!

Cheers.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: parker, clip, repair, loose, duofold, maxima

Sponsored Content

|