• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Earthdawn

• Leigh R

• karmakoda

• colrehogan

Oh! It can do acrobatics...that's lovely! ^_^ The nib design reminds me a bit of Pendleton's work with TWSBIs a bit. Does the extra empty space encourage nib creep, though?

Sheen junkie, flex nib enthusiast, and all-around lover of fountain pens...

I have one of Pendletons Bad boy nibs with wings ;) its on my TWSBI mini & a wonderful and expressive nib as well.

Nib creep is none so far. With the flow being set at a 7/10 I thought about that later but so far it is very well behaved.

I have only used the Platnium Cart so far... the blue/black.

Ill fill it with Akkerman Bekakt Haags tomorrow and see how she is with the converter.. Love that brown!

Beautiful! You'll enjoy this pen. I also have a Nakaya with an elastic nib and despite my ineptitude with flexible nibs and my initial reluctance, I love writing with this one.

Edited by alexander_k

so beautiful.. I may have to send my nakaya that just came in yesterday off to get modified....

Signature left blank per new rules...

I have one as well - a B-stub from John. Quick question: do you not find that the feed comes into contact with the paper in cases where you substantially flex the pen?

Too many pens; too little writing.

congrats on your new nakaya. i have a few, though not the elastic nib kind. hope this one fulfills your 'expressive' need in writing.

-rudy-

Oh wow... your video makes me want an elastic nib, for drawing. Nicely done, ED. :-)

P.S. Na-ka-ya --they're all the same vowel sound. That "a" doesn't change. :-)

etherX in To Miasto

Fleekair <--French accent.

Nice score! :thumbup:

I heard Mottishaw did not carry the elastic nibs as he disagrees with the cut-outs. Am surprised he obliged. The elastics don't behave like Western flex nibs but they do feel soft. Very soft.

Enjoy the nib, and the pen that wears it.

Nice score! :thumbup:

I heard Mottishaw did not carry the elastic nibs as he disagrees with the cut-outs. Am surprised he obliged. The elastics don't behave like Western flex nibs but they do feel soft. Very soft.

Enjoy the nib, and the pen that wears it.

How does the "elastic" nib mentioned differ from a western flex nib?

Would this difference be noticeable visually if the same person were to write the same phrases side by side?

“Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today, because if you do it today and like it, you can do again tomorrow!”

Here's all four... 3 are medium/soft.

In the video. I compare the 3 medium/soft Nakaya nibs.

http://i880.photobucket.com/albums/ac10/thevaporcafe/B83FA055-DD25-458A-9D8F-505E842C2506-10579-000003AEB93943B7_zps8bc0ba60.jpg

Edited by Earthdawn

Thank you for making a comparison video! Have you noticed a difference in softness among the non-plated vs. plated nibs?

I have one as well - a B-stub from John. Quick question: do you not find that the feed comes into contact with the paper in cases where you substantially flex the pen?

I have not had that issue ... though my new BB stub with the old feed has a couple of times. Not bad but I think it's more of how I am holding the pen.

congrats on your new nakaya. i have a few, though not the elastic nib kind. hope this one fulfills your 'expressive' need in writing.

It does for now lol. But theres always something I seem to be eyeing.

Oh wow... your video makes me want an elastic nib, for drawing. Nicely done, ED. :-)

P.S. Na-ka-ya --they're all the same vowel sound. That "a" doesn't change. :-)

LOL... I know I know .. I literally have practiced how to pronounce it and still mess it up....

How does the "elastic" nib mentioned differ from a western flex nib?

Would this difference be noticeable visually if the same person were to write the same phrases side by side?

It really seems to lay down more ink while flexing. It does not flex the same as a western vintage flex.

Thank you for making a comparison video! Have you noticed a difference in softness among the non-plated vs. plated nibs?

I did not notice any at all. It feels the same as far as spring/flex.

Thank you for the very informative video you made for us! I have been hearing good things about the soft Nakaya nibs around here, "flexy nibs that their flex is not quite like the vintage flex", something that makes me to want to try one. Someday. But I did not know that there are elastic nibs too... From your video it seems that the elastic nib lays lots of ink on the paper. So, do you think that this makes it prohibitive to use an elastic nib with papers that are not of the best quality (like, say, normal photocopy paper 80gsm) ?

fpn_1355507962__snailbadge.png

@ Korybas ~ I am surprised to say that the answer is "not really". Well it lays down more ink it is not flooding the paper either. But to be more to the point it does not seem to feather or bleed through more then the other Nakayas I have. See the pic below. This was on CHEAP $5 for 500 sheets HP computer paper. I mean real garbage! ... seemed to do "ok" I am shocked to say the least as I thought it would be an utter disaster.

http://i880.photobucket.com/albums/ac10/thevaporcafe/3434130A-0D4A-4332-857A-2BD480570A9F-4153-0000019A15B43479_zps53a8afae.jpg

Edited by Earthdawn

I have a bb with added flex by J.Mot in my Nacker and wonder just how much more flexible the elastic nib is?

A wise man once said    " the best revenge is wealth "   but a wiser man answered back    " the best revenge is happiness "

The true definition of madness - Doing the same thing everyday and expecting different results......